XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/10/17 8:01 a.m.

Another one from Saabnet classifieds. These are simply awesome daily drivers, 225hp/250lb-ft. stock, and tons of room inside. The body looks amazing in the pics.

Rescue this Classic Saab 91 9000 Turbo. Car has to be moved soon, can no longer store. Help keep it out of the crusher. I have owned this car for ~15 years. Always been stored inside. I am no longer able to store or restore it due to illness etc. The body is near perfect, the interior also. The dash is disassembled, was working on lamp replacement, have all parts. New muffler/cat. New brakes. New injectors. New hoses. New fuel pump. Tires good (but old) Have many records... It runs, drives and is roadworthy (brakes, tires, lights, etc.) But not currently tagged or insured. Very negotiable, preference to someone who will complete restore, will work with someone to move. Couple more pictures in my Saabnet.com Member Gallery: Click Here

Link

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
6/10/17 11:50 a.m.

225/250 was a bruiser in 1991!

I remember Saab doing a bunch of time/distance records back then.

24 hours on a track wfo just to brag about how fast and reliable they were, that sort of thing....

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
6/10/17 12:35 p.m.

That is sweet.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
6/10/17 5:36 p.m.

Too bad its so far away from me, otherwise I'd go drag it home. Much to my wifes dismay I'm sure...

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/10/17 5:41 p.m.

Ok I was expecting a turd at that price point but I have to say that's reasonably attractive.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/10/17 10:25 p.m.

Love those wheels.

Why can only Saab pull off a three spoke?

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/17 12:18 p.m.

I really wish someone would make a 17 in version of that wheel.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/17 2:51 p.m.

Now that I've had a few drinks while watching the F1 race, I really, REALLY want this thing! A 3" downpipe, T5 conversion/tune, and BOOM! 30+MPG and 275hp or so.

I'm fairly sure I'd have to go into witness protection, though. After the 'highly religious' new neighbor called the city to complain about my BIL's car on the grass, it was made clear that we were not to bring home any more project cars . (No mention of motos, though )

However, my wife had a '91 9000 non turbo with slushybox that she loved, so there's a small amount of hope...

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/12/17 8:12 a.m.

In reply to XLR99:

I do happen to have an 03 9-5 Aero parts car with a good motor and stick that I could part with cheap.

calteg
calteg Dork
6/12/17 10:43 a.m.

Saabnet shows it's sold already

schumithecat
schumithecat Reader
6/19/17 4:02 p.m.

I have a 9k turbo track car (lowered, bilsteins, urethane bushings, race seats, gutted interior, chip, etc.), and these cars are a blast to drive. $500 is a great price but in MN I'd be concerned the bottom is rusty as &$#$ and though the paint looks great. My wife wants me to sell mine because I have a project car now....if someone is interested in a 9k that has already had the &@# of work done to and money put into it to make it track ready...but it'll be a lot more than $500.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b6VXBRd3ljp7GLDyprYbmffwJqRepwy7F3Z6lqra45tgakR5YNjGDW94zVYZGls9