BrakeDown
BrakeDown None
7/9/13 11:52 a.m.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Briawood. Yes, this is the "woody" version that will make you the most popular guy in your neighborhood. Everybody likes a little wood in their life.

4.0L HO in-line 6cyl auto tranny 166k miles

Exterior looks fairly nice. I'm guessing it was painted within the last 5 yrs or so.

I replaced the muffler and exhaust pipe recently. Also did dist cap and rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and valve cover gasket, along with an oil change. Rear diff, and center diff, and oil pan all leak a little. Nothing major, just enough to mark the driveway. Power windows work, some slower than others. It has the little triangle windows up front, which give me a tiny thrill every time I open them and see all the other commoners out on the road who don't have them.

Engine runs pretty good. Burns about 1qt of oil every 3-5k miles. Cruise control does not work. AC worked up until last Fall. I suspect it either has a slow leak or needs a hose or two replaced. I've never checked the brakes, but they don't make any noise and seem ok. It has a badass factory radio/cassette player (Jensen). Seriously, NPR never sounded so good. Leather seats are in surprisingly good condition. Tan interior is in pretty good shape.

Insurance is cheap, taxes are cheap, and you get jealous looks from anybody smart enough to appreciate an XJ series Cherokee. Gas mileage is 18-20mpg in mainly city driving. It has a Class 3 hitch and is rated to tow 5k lbs. Tires are in good shape. Wipers and lights are ok.

I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive it across the country. But I would probably take my tool box (just in case). It's about as reliable as a 21 year old American vehicle with 166k mi can be.

I actually don't want to sell this thing, but my wife says our driveway is starting look like a used car lot. Which now that I think about it would be a really cool idea.

A local guy is supposed to come look at it tonight. If he doesn't buy it, I will snap some photos and post them up. If he does buy it, well you guys are car geeks and probably enjoyed reading this anyway.

Located in Charlotte NC. Asking $2013.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/13 12:28 p.m.

You tease sir, you tease.

BrakeDown
BrakeDown New Reader
7/9/13 6:39 p.m.

I'm obviously too lazy to vacuum it or move it off the driveway to take decent photos, but you get the idea:

beans
beans Reader
7/11/13 11:46 a.m.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

redhookfern
redhookfern Reader
7/11/13 12:27 p.m.

If this were closer to NYC it would be mine

beans
beans Reader
7/11/13 3:01 p.m.
redhookfern wrote: If this were closer to NYC it would be mine

QUIT HOARDING ALL THE GRAND CHEROKEES, DICK.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
7/11/13 4:06 p.m.

^^^^^^

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
7/11/13 10:38 p.m.

I need this in my life, but I don't have the cash right now. Damn.

BrakeDown
BrakeDown New Reader
7/12/13 9:34 a.m.

Sold it yesterday. I'm gonna miss it.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/12/13 9:41 a.m.

Quick move it to the most North East portion of your property, instant sale.

Cooter
Cooter New Reader
7/16/13 9:47 a.m.
beans wrote:
QUIT HOARDING ALL THE GRAND CHEROKEES, DICK.

It is very nice, but I don't know if I would call it grand.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5kC80WJMI8dOmENAgOhIG9CXRY524sgEgadrBxVVoeaQKUbIcGVxUiQuZ651QXSs