Trevon New Reader
Dec. 18, 2013 2:42 p.m.

This seems like a pretty great deal to me (even with the cracked head). Fix up that head and strip the interior and you got a fun car. NMNA Car is on indianapolis craigslist. Click here for the link.

SlickDizzy UberDork
Dec. 18, 2013 4:36 p.m.

That crazy turbo setup is probably worth the cost of the car...never seen one before, though I wouldn't want to be the guy turning wrenches on it! Those S-class cars are problematic enough without boost.

mndsm UltimaDork
Dec. 18, 2013 5:23 p.m.

I wanna know who had that beast built. TT and nitrous? That's a Lotta hooch.

poopshovel MegaDork
Dec. 18, 2013 8:20 p.m.

Comes with crack head at no extra charge!

Cotton SuperDork
Dec. 19, 2013 9:11 a.m.

man I would like to have it, but I think a relatively modern german car ran into the ground, with crazy performance mods, might finally cause my head to explode.

Swank Force One MegaDork
Dec. 19, 2013 9:16 a.m.

Does anyone know anything about this setup?

mndsm UltimaDork
Dec. 19, 2013 9:35 a.m.

I did 4 seconds of google-fu, apparently Mosselman Turbo is a thing- they appear to do stuff for Germans, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Swank Force One MegaDork
Dec. 19, 2013 9:41 a.m.

I found a couple installs. Looks like an utter nightmare. Was advertised to give 310hp out of the box, though. Used some pretty awful knobs for "tuning."

Those that seemed to want to improve on the "knobs tuning system" didn't seem to know what they were doing. Blown headgaskets and melted pistons everywhere.

That said, the kit is supposed to be quite rare at this point, and would probably be worth the cost of admission alone. Depending on the paycheck tomorrow, i may pick it up to strip the turbo kit off of it and crush the car.

mndsm UltimaDork
Dec. 19, 2013 9:44 a.m.

The wheels might be worth a few bucks, too.

yamaha PowerDork
Dec. 19, 2013 10:16 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

As they appear to be AMG wheels, they're probably worth more than the asking price.

Cotton SuperDork
Dec. 19, 2013 10:28 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I found a couple installs. Looks like an utter nightmare. Was advertised to give 310hp out of the box, though. Used some pretty awful knobs for "tuning." Those that seemed to want to improve on the "knobs tuning system" didn't seem to know what they were doing. Blown headgaskets and melted pistons everywhere. That said, the kit is supposed to be quite rare at this point, and would probably be worth the cost of admission alone. Depending on the paycheck tomorrow, i may pick it up to strip the turbo kit off of it and crush the car.

I'd be interested in some of the nitrous parts if you do pick it up.

JFX001 UltraDork
Dec. 19, 2013 11:40 a.m.

I rather like that. The car doesn't seem to be in too bad of shape, some miles on it. I wonder what boost happy player owned it?

ultraclyde SuperDork
Dec. 19, 2013 12:16 p.m.

so...was that 310 additional horsepower, or just raised to 310 total? One of those is impressive, while one is not.

Swank Force One MegaDork
Dec. 19, 2013 12:25 p.m.

Looks like 310 total. This thing only started out with 170-something.

Ransom UberDork
Dec. 19, 2013 12:31 p.m.

That's a lot of hardware, mayhem, turbos, and stress for 310hp...

cdowd Reader
Dec. 19, 2013 12:55 p.m.

especially when they could have bought a 500sel and not had to do anything. I am sure there is money to be made on a part out though.

ccrelan Reader
Dec. 19, 2013 2:36 p.m.

It all really depends on whether the kit is complete or not. If the fueling part of the kit is not available it is worth not nearly as much. The M103/104 can take all the boost that you throw at it. These straight 6 merc engines were the blueprints for Supra engines. There is a tuner in Sweden who sells complete kits that range from 400-1000 hp for these engines.

The car has been advertised before and is not in a good part of town. I would grab it in heartbeat if I was closer- strip the turbo bits and throw them on a good working w124. If anyone grabs the car please let me know. I have taken a twin turbo m103 coupe for a spin and it was quite fun. The car I drove could have used much better tuning though as the power delivery was similar to a 80s Saab 900t.

Sil80redtop Reader
Dec. 19, 2013 3:14 p.m.

Somebody grab that, keep the interior and the turbo kit, and then find a cheap runner with trashed interior.

chandlerGTi SuperDork
Dec. 19, 2013 5:57 p.m.

I actually want that for parts to turbo my 300te!

nhmercracer New Reader
Dec. 21, 2013 10:18 p.m.

If those wheels are at least 17" and staggered, they would be desirable. Otherwise.......

mndsm UltimaDork
Dec. 21, 2013 10:22 p.m.
nhmercracer wrote: If those wheels are at least 17" and staggered, they would be desirable. Otherwise.......

VW crowd would fight over a set of AMG hammers like those, no question.

chandlerGTi SuperDork
Dec. 22, 2013 5:49 p.m.

Hope one of you got it.

ccrelan Reader
Dec. 23, 2013 5:08 p.m.

Who bought this badboy?

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

23 hours ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Deal of the Month: Free Trackside Companion!

1 day ago in News

Ever wished you had a handy guide on how to dial in your alignment or adjust your dampers?

This Tuesday: Join Us at Track Night in America

1 day ago in News

This Tuesday we'll be running at Palm Beach International Raceway

Experience Monterey With Us

1 day ago in News

We're on our way out to Monterey, California, for car week.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

2 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

Tomorrow, August 15: Join our Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In

2 days ago in News

Our Monterey welcome party is taking over all of downtown Pacific Grove.

Vintage Views: Classic Mini

4 days ago in Articles

Turn heads, have jolly good fun.

You Need This: Toyota With Rally Pedigree

4 days ago in News

Who can say no to a turbocharger and all-wheel drive?

Join Our Monterey Kickoff Cruise-In at Pacific Grove on Tuesday, August 15

5 days ago in News

Our Monterey welcome party is taking over all of downtown Pacific Grove.

You Need This: J. Geils's Maserati Sebring, Some Assembly Required

5 days ago in News

A rock star project will be auctioned off in Monterey next week.

Who Wants a Skip Barber Car?

5 days ago in News

Skip Barber Racing School is selling off Miatas, Mustangs, Porsches and much more.

2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 4Matic Coupe

5 days ago in New Car Reviews

A Mercedes-Benz is an animal with few equals. I don’t mean that no one else makes a car that’s as ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
4XYykfdYUCBjtUwOxr2Dxjft1VcYPkid