stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/18 10:35 p.m.

All Mine, Totally Affiliated

The time has come to part ways with my eternal project car. I have owned this car since 2009, which is the longest I have ever owned a particular vehicle.

Anyways, it is a 1995 Mustang GT coupe, 5 speed, black on black. If I remember right, it has around 159,000 miles on it. I bought it in 2009 from a co-worker for $5000. I bought it as a driving project car with big plans. Well, life (and moving and divorce and deployments) kinda put a kibosh on those big plans. I towed it to Florida where it became my backup car. I love it at least once a week until about 2013. Due to my crazy work schedule and losing my extra parking, I parked it at the parking lot at work. Then I deployed again. The battery went dead and it sat. And sat. And sat. The fuel pump went bad from sitting. I then moved to Idaho and payed $1100 to have it shipped to me. Then it sat for 2 more years in my backyard. While I had the money, I never had the time or motivation to work on it. Now it's sitting at my parent's house.

Alright, here is the list of mods/features:

5.0L V8

5 speed

ABC Exclusive Saleen S281 body kit and wing (wing is in my storage unit)

Rebuilt 8.8 rear end with a brand new Terminator Cobra TracLok, 3.73 gears and Yukon axle shafts, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft

MAC chrome shorty headers, UPR catless X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth catback

Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Kona Racing "Titanium" shifter handle, Fatknobs shift knob

QA1 tubular K-member, used Lakewood 70/30 drag shocks, Steeda lowering springs

18x9 Knock off chrome Saleen wheels, genuine Steeda centercaps, wheels have some surface corrosion, Nitto 555Rs which have terminal dry rot

99-04 Dual piston PBR front calipers

I have a whole bunch of parts buried in my storage unit that I might let go with the car depending on how motivated I feel about digging through it.

The car isn't in bad shape. It was a Midwestern car so the underside is crusty. The body has one dent in the driver's side quarter panel. I removed the front and rear bumper covers for transport. They are in my storage unit. The car was painted by the PO in 2008 at Maaco. The Florida sun absolutely destroyed to paint. The interior is nearly flawless.

So what do I want for the car? I dunno, $700? $500? Make me a decent offer. I'm really not expecting a whole lot. I just need this thing gone. The car is located in zip code 83501. You can email me at potatomafia at the Gmails. I will take more pics tomorrow after work. Sorry for the E36 M3ty, Craigslist level pics.

Most recent:

This was in 2010. The car doesn't look nearly this shiny anymore haha

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a clear Nebraska title in my name. I never titled it in Florida because that state doesn't require it to be titled there to be registered. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
10/23/18 6:20 a.m.

Wow, that looks like my next Lemons racecar...if only it wasn't 1500 miles away.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
10/23/18 7:39 a.m.

Yes, Really good deal for someone more local.  I just checked, it's over 32 hours drive one way.  sigh.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/23/18 8:20 a.m.

Guys, just get it shipped. Likely you can get it shipped one way for less than gas would cost both ways. And you save a heck of a lot of time.

This looks like an excellent deal - BTW.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/23/18 9:06 a.m.

Uship is showing $1000-$1400 to ship the car. 

Robbie
10/23/18 11:29 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Uship is showing $1000-$1400 to ship the car. 

His zip code to Minneapolis shows 1400 miles on Google maps. So call the trip 3000 ish. Ausme gas mileage pulling a trailer 10-15 mpg? $3/gal? $600-$900 in gas alone. Food, lodging, etc for the 40 hour round trip might be a factor too.

The shipping looks like a pretty darn good deal to me! At $1500-$2000 all in I still think this car is a good deal. Not a great deal after shipping, but still worthwile if you want a moostang.

stanger_missle
10/23/18 12:47 p.m.

Yeah, I know the car is on the other side of the country from most of you. I feel your pain trying to make the logistics work.

FWIW I used Uship to ship the car up to Idaho from Florida. Since I was not there to load the car, and the car was on a military base and it had to be winched onto the car carrier, the price was pretty painful. I really had no other option to get it here.

I also have an Explorer upper and lower intake and a set of GT40 heads I will throw in to sweeten the deal if necessary.

BUY MY JUNK! laugh

Robbie
10/24/18 3:12 p.m.

Shipping of the car doesn't count against your budget. Shipping of parts does. You can say that any parts that come with the car as part of the car deal are shipping exempt with the car.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/24/18 3:45 p.m.

the idea of shipping it is growing on me.. If Anthony dosen't take it.. let me know.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/24/18 4:20 p.m.

yeah.. the idea of a mustang is growing on me..

I'm 6'1" and 245... Miata's.. just no good for body fitment...

stanger_missle
10/24/18 4:51 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

Thanks for the emails. We are ironing out the details.

stanger_missle
10/24/18 4:52 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

If Anthony is unable to take it, you are next in line yes

Fueled by Caffeine
10/24/18 5:18 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Cool.  Going to look at a 94 soon with 8.8 3.73’s e303 cam. Should be fun.  These sn95’s are completely unloved and there fore cheap. 

stanger_missle
10/24/18 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Which is exactly what drew me to the 1995 in my driveway. I had a 93 GT which was OK but I felt the 94-95 we're unloved therefore unique.

stanger_missle
10/27/18 10:42 p.m.

I guess I should consider the car sold since AnthonyGS has already started a build thread laugh.

Thanks for the interest fellas. This really helps me simplify things if I have to move across the country.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fqfL8jcqYogD0n53rN77IbHKxly3AuAOIb3ovKAStoJfcvce4KwNnKXjVZb6HTI9