ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/9/08 7:05 p.m.

Wife's getting a new car, offering it here first. 1996 4 door Impreza L, 2.2 5 speed, new clutch a few months ago, just did timing belt and water pump. A/C quit working, bad expansion valve is the diagnosis. Compressor replaced last year. MANUAL windows, no sunroof, has cruise control. Snorkus delete, Legacy front brakes, stock drums in rear. Currently has RS/OBS hood with vents with MY98 RS grille and lamps as well as MY98 gold RS wheels. Stock steel wheels with Yokohama snow tires also available. Wheel package subject to negotiation. RS hood, etc are not included in the GRM price but can be had for a couple hundred more if you want them. Clearcoat bad on roof. Bad painting of vents and rear spoiler means peeling clear there too but hood is ok. Tan interior used but not torn. Wife is a smoker so it isn't perfect. Door panels a bit rough along the top edge. Never wrecked other than some paintwork on one door. All service records from around 100,000 to present. Oil changed every 3-5,000, totally quiet engine. Does use some between changes. 225,000 miles and still runs great. This is the perfect rallycross car or turbo donor chassis as it has no power windows or sunroof. Ready to drive anywhere. I won't have recent photos until next week but you can see how it used to look like a few years ago on my web site: Mongrel Motorsports Please note that not all the 'mods' done to the car on the page will be included as some of them will be swapped over to the 'new' car. $2000 for quick sale with original hood, lights, muffler and steel wheels. Located south central PA (Harrisbug/Lancaster/York)

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
7/9/08 7:29 p.m.

Neat car. I already have a 2.2L coupe and will be reading up on the mods you did to it for inspiriation for mine (until I've saved up enough for an STi swap).

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/14/08 6:59 p.m.

One more bump before it hits NASIOC.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/14/08 8:32 p.m.

damint.. I've turned into that guy..

"If it was closer, If I had the dollars" Guy...

Sorry man.

EricM
EricM Reader
7/15/08 9:25 a.m.

I have the dollars. But iti s just too far from Central Illinois.

Damn, why cant these thigns appear arround here?

Good luck.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/15/08 10:56 a.m.

Listed on NASIOC. Hey, fly in and drive home. Harrisburg airport is close by. I'll pick you up.

trigun7469
trigun7469 New Reader
7/18/08 8:32 p.m.

That is so tempting

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/20/08 6:04 a.m.

Car is still available. Has the stock hood back on it. I'm leaving the muffler. 4 steel wheels with like new snows, gold wheels only slightly more. Lots of miles, I know, but a local independent dealer sells them all day long with up to 300k and no worries (and they don't look near as nice as ours).

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/24/08 5:35 a.m.

Bump. Have an interested party but no cash has changed hands yet. You still have time for that WRX swap.

CLynn85
CLynn85 New Reader
7/24/08 9:14 a.m.

OMG my fiance would kill me....

2000 with the snows and the gold wheels? Only about 3hrs from Fredericksburg...

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/24/08 4:00 p.m.

Cash talks. I'm not chomping at the bit to sell it, but I'm not not wanting it gone in a hurry either. The cash for this car represents the final amount owed on my garage addition.

I'll even throw in the factory parts microfiche so you can look up your own parts (that, going by past history, you'll probably never need to do).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cYtQ7c04sff0O0BtB6psv6qJOBz8niFdJchAZSBxfPlqjSKrzGkcxZqq0B7Gwnum