1 2
Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/14/13 7:31 p.m.

For sale - $1200

Turn key and go!

Original Owners,
214K miles, Automatic

Pros: - Cattman Cold Air Intake - Headers + Y-Pipe - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Tokico HP Blue Struts - Brembo OEM Brakes - Akebono Ceramic Pads - Eibach 25mm Wheel Spacers on Rear - PIAA H3 Yellow Fog Lights - New CV Joints (Axels), - New Waterpump - New Starter - New Radiator - New IACV - New Thermostat - New Knock Sensor - New Fuel Filter - New Exhaust System (Stock) - New Alternator + harnesses - New vacuum hoses - Only used Synthetic Oil - Brand New Tires - Bridgestone Potenzas - No CEL! - No rust

Cons: - Suspension squeak - Warm up tranny in winter prior to driving it. - Small oil leak at crankshaft sensor - easy, just get a new sensor + gasket and plug it in - Was in a slight fender bender long time ago on drivers side, no frame damage just new panels put on. - Some fused lights on center console - Worn interior - CD player does not work

This car has been maintained, and the cons only came with the age.

Price is appropriate considering shape of exterior and much of the maintenance done

I will throw in two HID kits, ceramic pads, and a camera mount I made for the car

Shoot me a text at 301-788-7168 or e-mail me at salmankazmi93@yahoo.com

photo DSCN5642_zpsa44b96b2.jpg

photo DSCN5652_zpsb9f41bbc.jpg

photo DSCN5226_zpsd8e4c5a6.jpg

photo DSCN3832.jpg

photo 271657_220227004686020_100000961655467_572880_3310350_o.jpg

photo DSCN3670.jpg

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/14/13 7:32 p.m.

Sorry for the weird formatting, I'm cross-posting from another forum

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
7/14/13 10:23 p.m.

I had a 5-speed "t" version of these. They make nice relaxed daily drivers.

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/15/13 5:34 a.m.

Indeed they do. Engine is a big plus

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
7/15/13 11:46 a.m.

Where ru located?

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/15/13 12:15 p.m.

Frederick, MD

mrwillie
mrwillie HalfDork
7/15/13 12:31 p.m.

Thnx. I have a nephew that is looking for a car, and have passed this on to him.

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/15/13 1:00 p.m.

Sounds good

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/15/13 11:11 p.m.
Sal_the_man wrote: - Brake light & battery light on when driving

Needs an alternator for sure.

It's the cousin of my Maxima that I'm selling! Good luck with sale!

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/16/13 11:18 a.m.

Actually I just put in a new alternator. The one before was definitely on its way out, but this one has the car's electricals running real well. Either it will be a few miles until those lights go away or you can just simply check the voltage readouts of the alternator and go from there.

Other than that, it will get you places in a jiffy!

Ha yeah the I30 is a maxima but with a different skin. GL with selling your maxima!

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/19/13 6:26 a.m.

Pending sale, car is off market for now

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/21/13 12:07 a.m.

Price bump, THIS IS THE PERFECT LEMONS CAR!

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/21/13 8:52 a.m.

Pending sale, car is off market again

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
7/22/13 10:04 a.m.

I'm hoping to sell my Maxima this week...hopefully we both get sales soon!

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
7/27/13 10:25 p.m.

Bump, I put in another alternator. The car runs fine, but the lights will still flicker periodically so it will need to be checked out by a mechanic or you will have to put in an OEM alternator - I believe the latter is the solution

I got a trade in-value of $800 for the car alone. I am selling it for that price, but with the extras I mentioned. I am also throwing in a brand new complete set of rear Akebono Ceramic brake pads

Contact me if still interested. It's either going to a person or a dealer real soon.

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
8/13/13 3:28 p.m.

Bump I cleaned out the EGR, got another alternator with new harnesses, put on some new vacuum hoses, and had an alignment done. This car is turn key and go, it's running flawlessly!

Bumped price to 1200 since it's in awesome mechanical condition

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
8/13/13 7:05 p.m.

I can vouch for Salman - he's a long-timer and well-known on the Maxima.org forums and takes good care of his ride.

He needs to sell it so he can buy a much older car, lol.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 HalfDork
8/14/13 12:04 a.m.

Man I can't believe you haven't sold this for that price! That is a steal! My brother sold his '96 Maxima with 250k+ miles and a cracked block (seller knew about it) for $1200! Is this on your local Craigslist too? Hope someone snags it soon! What are you getting to replace it?

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
8/16/13 6:22 a.m.

Irish - lol story of my life

Sethmeister - I haven't updated it yet. Can't say if I'm getting anything right now

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
8/16/13 7:08 a.m.

Craigslist ad is up:

http://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/3964729448.html

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
9/2/13 6:36 p.m.

Bump, contact me if you want to see it in person.

I drove this, twice, 2 hours into PA and once 2 hours into VA this past August. It's awesome & reliable.

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
9/2/13 7:42 p.m.

Looks like a comfy daily, how "quick" are these?

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
9/2/13 8:31 p.m.
CLynn85 wrote: Looks like a comfy daily, how "quick" are these?

It's a Maxima with different skin. When they were made, they were the fastest FWD sedans out there, period. IIRC they run around 15-second 1/4 miles in stock form and they handle pretty well.

Here's my take as a former super-moderator at Maxima.org:

The "power" mods he has on the car are the most productive ones, and the Cattman intake is by far the best available for these cars. I had Eibachs on my maxima and they're the best brand choice for performance street use. Somewhat stiffer than stock and lower (unlike most available springs which are lower and softer). Tokico Blues are pretty standard for these springs on Maximas.

Aftermarket stuff for Maximas is 95% straight bolt-on and believe it or not there is a decent aftermarket for performance parts.

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man New Reader
9/19/13 11:44 p.m.

In reply to CLynn85:

Sorry mega bump, been away.

It's smooth, granted it's a 17 year old car. Pulls great, I can keep up with my friend's mazdaspeed6 for a good bit. Only way to find out is with a test drive.

VA isn't too far. I can arrange for a meeting if you want to see it

Sal_the_man
Sal_the_man Reader
11/6/13 8:32 a.m.

Bump price drop to $1000. Someone buy this...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
izRh3zf51pe7w2v0fsRcNhUJPZSXByC7fPtGrRTeWaxtlnfd3edpz8r4aVFv4DDg