Autolex
Autolex Reader
1/15/09 10:54 a.m.

was browsing craigslist here in STL for parts for my miata, and came across this one...

"This is a 1999 Mazda Miata Convertible 5 Speed. This was a bank repossession. I am a wholesale automotive dealer. This vehicle does not run. It has electrical problems and blows the main fuse so we don't know if the engine is good. All systems are complete. This vehicle has a previous Alabama Salvage title and currently has a Florida title that is stamped rebuilt. The interior is average for its age and needs a full detail. There are no sun visors. The top is good but there is no boot. The power windows work. The body is good with no rust. There is a ding at the rear of the left front wheel well. The rear bumper cover is scuffed from pushing. There is a spare and jack in the trunk. The alloy wheels are pitted from salt air and the tires have about 20% tread. Overall, this is a solid car that needs some help and wants to go racing."

take a look

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/09 11:44 a.m.

I'll bet that car has a wire going to ground somewhere in the engine bay or interior. I would check if it was a flood recovery as well.

Otherwise...maybe a good find.

Autolex
Autolex Reader
1/15/09 11:52 a.m.

i figured that the motor, tranny, rear end and suspension bits are probably worth that much by themselves...

Carson
Carson HalfDork
1/15/09 1:29 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: I would check if it was a flood recovery as well.

Seriously, was that thing repo'd from the bottom of the Gulf?

FSTASNTZ
FSTASNTZ New Reader
1/15/09 5:43 p.m.

If only it was closer.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
1/15/09 6:10 p.m.

Close enough...just not cheap enough ;)

Clem

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SZcBv12hy4Pf9FHAPiYygOSxI9l7vij1iMHHJUpho91NtgHGc2JxVqntsqg2gjfi