alex
alex UberDork
11/19/18 7:30 p.m.

It’s been in my family since new, survived a new driver and several years in downtown Chicago, but I hit a snag with it and ran out of time to work on it like, a year ago, and it’s time for it to move on.

Issues:

• Needs front calipers. I did the m/c and one of the bleed fittings snapped off in the caliper while I was bleeding it. That’s where I got stuck about a year ago and it’s been on stands in my garage ever since.
  • Has a CEL for a high idle, which I raised because it would drop off and die occasionally. I’m assuming a TB and/or MAF/sensor cleaning would clear this up.
  • Probably needs a new battery to start/run
  • autotragic :(

Good stuff:

• I gave it a full factory SVT suspension kit and new rotors (several years ago, but still)
  • Never wrecked, only rust is a spot a couple inches long on the lower window edge on the hatch. Paint is otherwise pretty presentable.
  • Interior is 2000’s econo-class, but very solid and decently clean overall
  • It’s a stripper model—crank windows!—so a lot less little crap to break or tear out

As it sits, it steers and rolls, but doesn’t start or stop, and I’m afraid I just don’t have time do anything to assist on that end. Bring a trailer and a friend and I’ll help you load it up, that’s about all I can offer. 

Clean title in my girlfriend’s name. She’s a lawyer so we’ll have the paperwork handled.

My garage lighting is hilariously terrible, I can send more pictures in the daylight upon request.

Hit me up at akcarlson@gmail if you’re interested

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GOc3X7HCnrd1JMu7jQFYmEfR1mu4UGlG6LAK77BxbbfQDUclvhPjQ1Cqsh0ftG7g