1 2
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 10:01 a.m.

I'm selling the 2000 Honda Insight that I bought from Vigo. You can read all about it in my build thread here. It has 334k miles on it and runs and drives fine if you ignore the fact that the hybrid battery pack is dead. Brand new wheels and tires.
Selling because the decision has come from on high that the kid car should be a couple generations of safety newer.
I'd like to see $1200 and I can deliver it a reasonable distance from Houston. Clean Texas title not in my name or Vigo's name either.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/23/17 12:07 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Clean Texas title not in my name or Vigo's name either.

I'm not calling you out specifically, but doesn't this always seem to create more trouble / expense than it saves?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/17 12:16 p.m.

Man I've had some dirty thoughts about these also lately.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/23/17 12:31 p.m.

Hmm... a rebuilt battery pack is $1601 from Rockauto (plus core charge)...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 12:44 p.m.
Duke wrote:
I'm not calling you out specifically, but doesn't this always seem to create more trouble / expense than it saves?

Yup. And I can go through all the nonsense to get the title in my name if needed. I just thought I'd be 100% square with everyone.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 12:47 p.m.
Stampie wrote: Man I've had some dirty thoughts about these also lately.

The reason I'm putting it out there 'as is' is because there is about a 50/50 chance that any buyer wants to do a motor swap and it's a waste of time and effort to get the battery back to working it it's all going to be ripped out. The good part is that it's already a manual. The pedals and shifter may well work so don't have to be sourced and all of the proper manual interior bits are there.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/17 12:52 p.m.

I was JUST talking to my wife about buying another one of these.... Damn this is bad timing though.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 1:22 p.m.

I'm not in a blazing hurry to sell it or get paid for it or anything, this is just my admission that it is going to go to someone else.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/23/17 1:43 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Duke wrote:
Yup. And I can go through all the nonsense to get the title in my name if needed. I just thought I'd be 100% square with everyone.

I fully appreciate you putting it up front in the ad. I was just musing generically about why this happens. My apologies for cluttering your sale thread - I should have started a new topic about it rather than blurt it out in this one. Sorry about that.

Stampie
1/23/17 2:07 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Stampie wrote: Man I've had some dirty thoughts about these also lately.
The reason I'm putting it out there 'as is' is because there is about a 50/50 chance that any buyer wants to do a motor swap and it's a waste of time and effort to get the battery back to working it it's all going to be ripped out. The good part is that it's already a manual. The pedals and shifter may well work so don't have to be sourced and all of the proper manual interior bits are there.

My thoughts were way dirtier than that. They're so dirty I'm not sure I want to share them.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/17 2:25 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I think that you should have Vigo strip all the engine and hybrid parts that he wants and someone can work a discount deal for a Challenge build.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 3:06 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

I would be thrilled to facilitate this. I pinged Vigo by email about the car so we'll see what he says. I'm not emotionally attached to this car and I fully approve evil dastardly deeds being done with it.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/17 3:19 p.m.

I would definitely love to be the receipient of that deal but I don't know if I can stomach a 25 hour round trip. If it is still driveable when he is done picking a fly and drive might work. Or maybe shipping. It is so small and light that surely it wouldn't be too bad.

Stampie
1/23/17 3:31 p.m.

I reluctantly put myself in line behind the distinguished singleslammer on a striped shell if that happens. If not I might be interested in the full thing.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 3:34 p.m.

Nobody had dibs at this point. Talk to me. Make something happen.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/23/17 3:47 p.m.

I think that Stampie in line ahead of me!

Stampie
1/23/17 4:08 p.m.

See what Vigo says about the drivetrain and maybe give me option with and without?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 4:25 p.m.

Let me ping Vigo again.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/23/17 5:18 p.m.

Can I get in the "2nd in line" line?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 5:21 p.m.

There's no line! You guys are all just milling about kicking tires waiting for Vigo. If someone wants it, just throw an elbow and come get it.

Stampie
1/23/17 5:27 p.m.

PM sent

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 5:30 p.m.

PM recieved and returned. And NOW stampie is first in line.

Stampie
1/23/17 5:34 p.m.

Well hell I could've sent you a PM earlier.

Stampie
1/23/17 5:39 p.m.

OK I'm deferring my official line position to others in order to think and see if I can make travel arrangements.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
1/23/17 5:56 p.m.

Completely understand. Like I said, there is no rush on this and I'd love to be part of some wild scheme that ends up making this awesome.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
txFCDrjJc4Ow62RNkSt3QfpGe9o3HD5jhDkBQlNjZCKA7L9j3XRUO1wUeuNL0uqa