1 2
CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
12/28/17 5:34 p.m.

It's a good thing I a) don't live closer and b) am too busy.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/locost-7/6439577832.html

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/28/17 7:11 p.m.

Wow!  

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
12/28/17 8:08 p.m.

Double WOW !

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/28/17 8:47 p.m.

I didn't need to see this.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/28/17 9:02 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

No, you need to buy this! devil

wake74
wake74 New Reader
12/28/17 9:47 p.m.

I can't get any more local than that.  I wonder how much trouble it would be to title this as a kit car in NC?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/28/17 11:04 p.m.

Contacted seller

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/29/17 6:38 a.m.
Patrick said:

Contacted seller

Need me to lay eyes on it for you?

Patrick
12/29/17 7:39 a.m.

Will see what the seller replies.  I asked a few questions and if one doesn’t have the right answer i’m not pursuing it further.  

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/29/17 9:44 a.m.

Jebus. I've seen a number of good deals on Locosts in various stages of completion, but unless there's significant unseen issues, that looks like the best one yet.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
12/29/17 11:15 a.m.

Having -built- a Locost, you cannot do better than that.  That's a screaming deal.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
12/29/17 11:21 a.m.

Not going to buy the parts for that price that is for sure.

The whole deal would hinge on what the chassis looks like; is it even usable or did the owner decide he did not trust it and then quit.

To me the whole locost thing took a turn when Exocet came out with a properly engineered chassis that assimilates Miata donors parts. It is more money up front, but I bet it comes out about the same in the end for a better engineered product.

cboettch
cboettch New Reader
12/29/17 11:28 a.m.
SkinnyG said:

Having -built- a Locost, you cannot do better than that.  That's a screaming deal.

Uh, ya, what skinny said! 

84FSP
84FSP Dork
12/29/17 11:55 a.m.

And?  Pics in a new garage?

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
12/29/17 5:57 p.m.

Posting deleted by author at least on CL

Patrick
12/29/17 6:36 p.m.
84FSP said:

And?  Pics in a new garage?

I never got a reply 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/17 12:25 a.m.
NOHOME said:

To me the whole locost thing took a turn when Exocet came out with a properly engineered chassis that assimilates Miata donors parts. It is more money up front, but I bet it comes out about the same in the end for a better engineered product.

A decent Locost build costs about the same as the unbuilt kit from Exomotive based on my experience and recollections of what people were paying for their Locost builds. The Locost will be somewhere around 200 lbs lighter but will be considerably more work. More importantly, they feel very different. An Exocet feels like a hypercaffeinated Miata puppy. A Locost feels...different. You're sitting on the back axle and tucked in to the chassis more. 

But I definitely agree that the Exocet really hurt the Locost market. That plus the Champion book going out of print and almost every Locost supplier going out of business too.

Racerwrtr
Racerwrtr
12/30/17 8:43 a.m.

I was the first person to see it- it was even better than described-85% completed, running and driving. Nice job on the welds and fabrication and the suspension arms were all welded by a professional shop to ensure quality. Of course it followed me home on a trailer- next step is to charge the battery and drive it once around the neighborhood!

Racerwrtr
Racerwrtr New Reader
12/30/17 8:45 a.m.

If someone tells me how, I'll post a picture of the car in its new garage.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/30/17 9:00 a.m.

Excellent! Thanks for posting here about it. I hope you stick around and keep us up to date as you work on it. 

Heres a discussion thread on posting photos:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/the-total-noobs-guide-to-posting-pics-on-the-grm-forums/127805/page1/

the short of it is you need an image host to put the photos online with like imgur and then you post the link to the photo using the photo button at the top of the posting box. (Looks like a mountain with the sun above it)

Racerwrtr
Racerwrtr New Reader
12/30/17 9:40 a.m.

not having luck getting it to post:

here is the imgur link

https://m.imgur.com/a/5kcf8

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/30/17 9:47 a.m.

Racerwrtr
Racerwrtr New Reader
12/30/17 10:27 a.m.

Thanks for the help! 

I I drove it around the block- steering, brakes, throttle all work fine. Slight rub of tire on right rear fender and the side exhaust needs a turnout at the top to keep from sooting the rear fender. All in all, I am very pleased!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/30/17 11:03 a.m.

Nicely bought! That was the deal of the year.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/17 11:11 a.m.

Well bought.  Good luck with it.  What is that fine British gentleman parked next to iit?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b1sL5r9r0bdmeLSzxduFRFlo2GJQeBeeTq9N6LPZtqi7G4iDT4fdUHcTNNT1oacq