markwemple
markwemple UberDork
12/21/17 7:37 a.m.

A friend's.

Has ~230k. Recently threw CPS light. We replaced it with mopar unit but unsure if its 100%. He just wants to move on. Needs rear pads and has a slight exhaust leak. No rust to speak of. Rebuilt trans a couple of years ago. Other recent work including front rotors and pads and all sway bar links. Silver with black leather.

He's just looking to get best offer (maybe the 750 range)

Baltimore, MD area.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
12/21/17 6:09 p.m.

No one?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
12/21/17 6:33 p.m.

That is going to be a tough sale as those cars have a rep for bad transmissions and front end issues and neither are easy for the average person to repair.

Might help to post a few pics.

GLWS

Paul B

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
12/21/17 7:34 p.m.

Trans was rebuilt. He took pics today but I don't have a link.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
12/21/17 8:20 p.m.

Mark, what size is the engine? It should be the 3.5 V6 IIRC.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
12/22/17 8:02 a.m.

3.5 ltr. V-6. Recent plugs and oil change. Other than the CPS (which he just replaced with a new mopar part) the only things he's had to do are front brakes (new pads and rotors), sway bar links (he replaced all 4), the steering link (the part that connects the inner tie rods), filters and of course the trans, about 2 years ago. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/2/18 12:03 p.m.
markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/2/18 8:25 p.m.

No one interested? Any help or suggestions with the ad appreciated.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/3/18 8:29 a.m.

That's a shame, those are really nice cars. Keep holding on it. Everyone is broke right now after the holiday. Great price. Maybe a bit too much information for a CL ad, "great point A to B transportation. Lots of new parts, price is firm." type ad may be needed.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/3/18 10:41 a.m.

HIs first ad was even worse, with too much TMI. He's a very honest guy. Just needs the money so he can move on to another car.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
1/3/18 5:43 p.m.

Pretty tempting.  Big highway cruiser is right up there on my want list after a pick up.  Work is scary slow right now and I'm gonna sit on my cash for at least a month.  But good luck with the sale.  smiley

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
1/4/18 5:54 a.m.

Just so you guys know, if you yank the complete drivetrain and subframe from this thing and line the wheels up with the rear wheelwells of a Rampage/Scamp, the front of the engine clears the front of the bed by a few inches.  Don't worry about why I might know that.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/24/18 4:55 p.m.

He's now down to $500.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
1/24/18 6:01 p.m.

Not to be smart but I knew that was a real possibility.  Quit one job last night and will be working six days a week at the other going forward.  Money might be good.  Might just be okay. Don't consider me interested at this point but what were the negatives again?  CPS light, some body damage also I seem to remember from the now deleted CL ad. smiley

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/24/18 6:07 p.m.

I don't think the light is on now. He also just replaced the crank position sensor. THere is some body damage above the rear bumper on the pass side. He just wants it gone. He has so much more than $500 in it over the past year or so. Oh, yeah, just did an oil change too. And replaced the oil pressure idiot light sending unit. It was leaking.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
1/25/18 7:05 p.m.

I love how foreigners E36 M3 on America then leave $20 on $247.  Yeah.  Yeah.  I think every last one of you foreigners might just be the berkeleying shiny happy people you're looking for.  Hopefully I'll still make enough money going forward to buy gems like this LHS.  Or not. indecision

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/26/18 7:46 p.m.

His tags expire at the end of the month and he won't be renewing them so, I think it's best offer by then.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
2/8/18 4:40 p.m.

$300

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
2/8/18 10:15 p.m.

I was hoping this wouldn't get bumped. wink  Getting paid every two weeks and then having a two week flu has knocked a hole in the budget so still out most likely if I'm sensible but ahem. blush Tomorrows check probably won't be good enough but the one that comes two weeks from tomorrow...... cool

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
2/9/18 8:49 a.m.

Deposit if serious.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/9/18 9:23 a.m.

Gone.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
2/9/18 9:50 a.m.

Nope, he still has it. It's in my driveway. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
2/9/18 2:57 p.m.

Decent check. I'm gonna pay some bills and let you know. Don't hold it on my account however.smiley

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
2/9/18 3:43 p.m.

OK

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yZm7AeDgB29dZ1WOjQ0xzChUfyRGdzFlOqavgviyZxfTUyCJEJWZrXvh0JwOxj8Q