Forcus9
Forcus9 New Reader
10/16/17 10:32 a.m.

Time has come to sell my Focus ZX5. Was my DD for a number of years and has sat in a storage lot for ~18 months so scale your expectations accordingly. Pics will be coming, just wanted to get the ad out there. Note - I am posting here and not CL because I sincerely want to see this car in the 2018 Challenge (and also to avoid all the nutjobs and time wasters on CL). You could part everything out and come out ahead, I just ain't got time fo that.

2002 Ford Focus ZX5 ~130k miles
5 sp. manual / all power / no sunroof
Grabber green / gray interior
Somewhat clean inside / was a smoker's car before me but not terribly noticable
A/C was cold before went in to storage, haven't tried it since I got it to the house (yesterday)
2 year old gas but still started right up (after jump)
Dents and dings / only rust I know of is in (non-structural) rockers and it is patchable but I'd replace them (fairly easy as far as body work goes). Also some rust through in small places on hatch but it is patchable. Paint is not great - bumper and hood repainted, bumper clear is flaking, hood has two holes in it from light bar (no I didn't beat on it offroad, strictly for deer avoidance when I lived in the country)
Was in some sort of low hit accident that didn't seem to tweak anything except the front suspension subframe that is removable. There is a weld on it. But frame rails and else seems perfectly fine.
Suspension is well and truly worn out - bushings, shocks, springs should all be replaced.
From my recollection, vibrates at speed pretty good, likely from suspension being completely worn out
Brakes are fair to poor. I think the rotors are completely covered in rust. Can hear clunking sounds from back drums and had problems with e-brake seizing before parking, so imagine it all needs work.
Car has steelies with fairly worn snow tires on it. Also have set of bent up alloys with tires

Here's what it comes with:
Euro front bumper with a crack (greatly improves the looks as it's is shorter than the standard one)
OEM molded mudflat set (new)
SVT gas pedal / brake and clutch pedal pads (new)
New belts and hoses (all of them, not installed)
Short shifter (used) (CFM if I remember correctly)
SVT suspension (new) (shocks and struts)
Stainless braided brake hoses (Goodridge)
Powerworks Supercharger (probably worth the grand by itself) - Complete and supposedly good, except for a couple brackets, which I have the engineering drawings for. ECU is supposed to be flashed for an automatic car. I have heard that there are tunes available to flash from Tom L.  without having to have custom tuning done.

$1,000 firm. Not looking for any trades but I suppose you can always offer. Plan on bringing a trailer, it's really not something I would drive over 4 or 5 miles until its gone through.

mtgawesome
mtgawesome New Reader
10/16/17 10:57 a.m.

Do you have any pictures?

Forcus9
Forcus9 New Reader
10/16/17 11:34 a.m.

Looks like I can't upload pics to GRM except for 5 pics to my profile / ride. Pics make it look way better than it is (now with more rust, and dirt).

(EDIT) If I wasn't clear, there are now 5 pics under profile / ride. If someone can suggest a web hosting service since I got Photobucketed, I'll upload more.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
10/19/17 12:23 a.m.

you can upload pics to imgur.com click on the green "new post"

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/19/17 8:06 a.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/19/17 4:49 p.m.

Of course I'm in Florida instead of central Illinois this week.

Lol

Forcus9
Forcus9 New Reader
10/19/17 8:53 p.m.
Forcus9
Forcus9 New Reader
10/24/17 11:38 a.m.

Man, everyone must be 3 deep in projects like I am. Or maybe it's just that an old Focus is terminally uncool to mod.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/24/17 2:56 p.m.

I'm thinking there's your wagon entry for next year.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/26/17 9:26 a.m.
Mr. Lee said:

I'm thinking there's your wagon entry for next year.

Yes, buy this, swap all the goodies onto a wagon, win!

Image result for focus wagon svt

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/26/17 10:26 a.m.

PM sent.

Forcus9
Forcus9 New Reader
10/27/17 9:27 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed :

I don't seem to have a PM. Then again I can't seem to find my Inbox (looked under profile, etc.). I must be slow.

Forcus9
Forcus9 New Reader
10/27/17 9:28 a.m.

Thought I'd add this. Apparently I listed it on here ~18 months ago with a few more details I forgot:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/2002-ford-focus-zx5-supercharger-other-mods-central-il/109509/page1/#post1991603

I'd say the trade potentials still apply but in reality I am overflowing with projects and lacking space.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/27/17 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Forcus9 :

It should go straight to the email you have linked to this board. The difficulty is on my end, I still use yahoo and it bounced back.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
10/28/17 5:35 p.m.

The gist of the email was my contact info and explaining that I work too much, am nearly impossible to contact and thus usually miss out on deals such as yours. No biggie, it's the nature of my job.

If you would, could you send an email to DonHooligan 1 at Yahoo dot com (no spaces, of course) and I'll send you my phone number so we can hopefully get our schedules to mesh so I can scope out your Focus.

Cheers,

Jed

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EXx3RL5ql8ABwOEGfHhinQrgi4VxlJFAfS4qLeiLrofsMpfOadN6PRraMXWKkTXp