Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve New Reader
6/14/18 9:36 p.m.

I made the decision to sell Gerti. I kept a record on a Challenge worksheet so I know what I have in total. I am going to ask $1400 and I know its a little stiff, but I was going to see what every body thinks. (I have $1587 in it right now) we tried to give my father in law better money so he would feel better about giving up his car. If it had been CL I wouldn't have paid $400 for it. But then we cleaned the heck out of it, so maybe that makes up for the price a little.

Pros - 113k, runs good now, starts everytime, a/c works iirc, I add a bigger front sway bar and GS don't have a rear sway bar so I added the biggest one I could find at Pick-N-Pull. I got complete upper/lower A arms so front end is solid.

2002 Grand Marquis     $800.00 << this is what kills it
Water Pump / Belt     $73.70
Pulleys Idler / Tension     $48.60
Ignition Coil     $45.10
Butt Connectors     $6.49
Wire Harness     $12.99
Switch     $8.99
Park/Turn light assembly     $9.99
Title     $11.00
Hubcap     $2.00
Bracket (hubcap)     $2.49
Trunk Carpet     $4.99
Wheel Steel 3     $20.97
Tires     $24.00
Rear Rotors     $30.22
Turn Signal Lamp     $2.16
Stabilizer Bar Link     $18.28
Front End Kit     $344.79
Headlamp Assembly     $19.28
Headlamp Assembly     $19.28
Headlamp Bulbs     $4.70
Side Marker Bulbs     $0.64
Turn Signal Bulbs     $3.06
Swaybars     $43.18
Front Brake Pads     $21.99
Exhaust Gaskets     $8.65

Cons

Needs alignment, 1 drag link, e-brakes adjusted, shocks, u joints, downstream O2 sensors, all 4 ABS sensors. I think one tail light is out.

Cost for O2, U joint, shocks, link arm from Rock Auto was $174.29 when I looked them up.

With the new suspension parts and the price somebody could do something with this for $2018 or fix it and it will run forever will a little care.

I'll update this tomorrow with pictures in the daylight.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
12/21/18 9:25 a.m.

I haven't touched Gerti in months except to start and move her. I'm in a cleaning mood and she's gotta go.

If a GRM wants a decent Panther body how about $1200, not perfect but with extra wheels, maybe a weekend of work and she would run for a long time.

Since I posted the above I got front ABS sensors but don't have them in, I flushed and put new antifreeze in last winter before it got cold. Also the a arms, etc were new moog parts. the only pick n pull suspension parts were the sway bars. The links were new. It would also be a great start for a $2019 challenge at this price.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
12/22/18 10:13 p.m.

Pics or build thread link?

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
12/23/18 8:13 a.m.

Accidental Grand Marquis Project    

I had a link in the first post but it was on just one word and easy to over look.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
2/4/19 6:45 p.m.

TAX SEASON SALE!

Gastropod? YES! Autox boat? YES! Daily? YES!

I'm dropping the price to $1000 on this "pristine*" example of Panther! laugh

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

It comes with 3 spare rims / tires and a few extra parts that I haven't put on yet.

And think about the fun filled hours working on your very own Panther!

DONT WAIT!

Dial... oh, I mean contact, Bent-Valve in the next 30 minutes for a special deal on air fresheners!

*It has 113K and a bit of wear and tear, so "pristine" might be a wee bit bold.... I'm practicing to be a used car salesman in my next life.

It would be a great start for a Gastropod entry. I would like to see it finished but I just don't have the time or interest.

I really would like to a Panther enthusiast here benefit from my work.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/4/19 7:37 p.m.

Are there any pictures I’ve missed?

Never mind.  Found them. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/19 8:58 p.m.

Cool car

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/8/19 3:33 p.m.

Do you want a good 2002 Grand Marquis body (113k miles) with little work left to make a daily driver that will last for a long time? Has a few ding and dents. Extra wheels / tires but I would get a good set of tires if its going to be your daily. Found some original style hub cabs, they are are just ok in  my opinion. Still needs front / rear u-joints and shocks. an alignment, and e-brake adjusted. I put good cables in and new shoes, so the adjuster needs, well, adjusted. It also needs a battery. I think that's about it.

I put a complete moog front suspension in it, the headlight assemblies are new, not used. Flushed the coolant, cleaned like a mad man, added heavier sway bars, etc.

I have lost interest and just bought another car (dang it) so will some one give me $800?  If a GRM'er wants it, great, if not I guess I start parting it out.

Took these pictures today.

Lower passenger side has been run up on a curb or something, bent the fender rod thing but I don't think it did anything to the frame.

rustybuckets
rustybuckets Reader
4/10/19 7:45 a.m.

If I wasn't moving soon I'd be all over this! I want to lift it and use it as a winter beater

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/10/19 9:41 p.m.

I figured ClemSparks would be interested.

Catlas_Se7en
Catlas_Se7en New Reader
4/26/19 8:17 a.m.

If I had the money and the vinyl top wasn't there and I was closer, I'd be looking into it for a tow vehicle for my miata.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/26/19 10:02 p.m.

In reply to Catlas_Se7en :

I voted you up because the vinyl top bugs the crap out of me. I have been looking for a ford truck to maybe drop that engine/trans into. Haven't found a F150 but did see a possible Ranger. That would be neat, a 4.6 mod motor in a Ranger.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q3RCFmZCfBxwmfrlzoWXNvRyqprw61D66zp3163dIPm1amhs7Acogx7d4fhQTNcw