1 2 3
onrails
onrails
2/26/13 9:10 p.m.

Hi everyone... I have a 2003 Mini Cooper S with... lots of miles (189k). And bad news, for me at least. It started making some accessory drive noise (I thought) that turned out to be the supercharger on its way out. So a trip to the dealer threw a price tag at me that is more than the car is worth.

So...anyone interested? She'll obviously need some work (I'll post the list below) but it would be a great starting base for a $201x challenge. I'll put the list below of the bad news and good news but looking for around $1500 for it with room to move a bit. I'm in Grand Blanc, Michigan.

The good news: Everything works except the stuff noted in the next paragraph. She has... Borla cat back exhaust Schroth clip in/out HANS compatible harness 2 sets of wheels (4 15" with Nokian Hakkipelletta snows, 4 17" with Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico) New rotors, pads, 1/2 worn Hawk HPS pads with burnished front rotors spare Adjustable rear lower control arms 6 speed manual sport suspension cloth seats Blue w/white stripes and roof A/C, power locks, windows, am/fm/cd, etc.etc....all stuff that won't matter for a 201x car but it's there and can be sold

The bad news:

It needs - supercharger and gaskets/seals for the following - supercharger, water pump, intake tube, crank sensor, oil filter housing, oil cooler, oil pan

Or pull the engine, sell the parts, and put something creative in there! I think between the good shape parts on the inside and tires/wheels it wouldn't be too hard to sell a bunch and be able to get it up and running and add some go fast stuff.

Post your interest in the comments and if you're interested I'd be glad to get you my info so we can talk live.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/26/13 9:16 p.m.

Send me your info, and pics/ details on the car. I'm very interested.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/26/13 9:17 p.m.

Oh wait... 1st post.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/26/13 9:17 p.m.

Second in line, very interested as well.

jakeb
jakeb Reader
2/26/13 9:18 p.m.

emailed... I'm up in Bay City.

jake@ classicdaily dot NET

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/26/13 9:18 p.m.

I'm still interested. Concerned, but interested.

EvanB
2/26/13 9:20 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Oh wait... 1st post.

He knows of the challenge so I wouldn't hold this as a first post against him. But if that means you aren't interested in it that's fine with me.

onrails
onrails New Reader
2/26/13 9:21 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Ok...a bit new to the online site but longtime subscriber to GRM. Not trying to scam anyone, I promise! I was 3 weeks away from selling it to someone but they were going to use it as a commuter/fun car. So now I'm just trying to get something out of the old girl and before I Craigslist it figured I'd try and get it a good home.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/26/13 9:22 p.m.

You already had the lingo down, so I wasn't THAT concerned!

Send me what info you can. You've got my email.

EvanB
2/26/13 9:23 p.m.

Email sent from me as well. :D

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/26/13 9:50 p.m.

ill put myself next in line after svrex, evanb, then jakeb.

soooo 4th i guess

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
2/26/13 9:53 p.m.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop New Reader
2/26/13 10:03 p.m.

I'll take 5th spot. And BTW, how many posts until I graduate from "New Reader" to "Reader?"

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/27/13 5:14 a.m.

I am in for sixth place. Spring break is coming -- I hear Michigan is gorgeous at this time of year.

Rob

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
2/27/13 6:02 a.m.

Crap thats a great deal!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/27/13 9:13 a.m.

Crap. Put me down on a the "dibs list" as well. These are all issues I have fixed before on R53's. I even have a spare supercharger in stock.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/27/13 9:15 a.m.

Remove supercharger, install turbo, win.

EvanB
2/27/13 10:12 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Replace supercharger, install turbo, win.

That's more like it.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/27/13 10:29 a.m.

I even have a turbo that would work nicely on it. And a wastegate. I'd just need a manifold.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
2/27/13 12:00 p.m.

Late to the party but keep me in mind.

Paul B

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/27/13 12:08 p.m.

I'll call forty-seconds.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/27/13 12:09 p.m.
Sil80redtop wrote: I'll take 5th spot. And BTW, how many posts until I graduate from "New Reader" to "Reader?"

EvanB
2/27/13 4:22 p.m.
psteav wrote:
Sil80redtop wrote: I'll take 5th spot. And BTW, how many posts until I graduate from "New Reader" to "Reader?"

I think it's actually 50 or 100. 500 gets you a HalfDork.

Winston
Winston Reader
2/27/13 8:16 p.m.

This thread should be titled "how to tell if you've priced your car too low.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/27/13 8:20 p.m.

I'm excited.

Since I was the one to make the comment, I'll go ahead and say, so far, onrails has been great. Very responsive, and helpful.

I like working with people from this board.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4IEKKIyIM5H8dtIz5LlCgycv0Wz4e2egDbXVMD7IPjsvwBaDHs6YiyiaOnzuh5VQ