1 2 3
PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5
12/28/09 10:55 p.m.

i am cashing out of all my projects to go in a completely different direction, everything needs work but is definately worth the project work, i selected all these chasis for the lack of rust and their roadworthiness.

first up is my autocross set up aw11, its an '85 hardtop lightweight version, the most desireable of all N/A trims, it has ZERO options, no power anything, (all mr2s came with AC so condenser is still hooked up and working). the car was a california car its whole life (still has the CA sticker under the engine bay hood) until 2003 when its second owner brought it out to kentucky, where it was converted to run stock class SCCA autocrosses, and HPDE's. staying in the stock class meant its on OEM springs with tokico illumena's (white adj.'s) and ST sway bars front and back (the adjustable ones) with poly bushings, the car has front air dam dents and side dents from being track run, cone damage i am not trying to hide that, but its all exterior nothingness that impacts performance ZERO, i have owned 4 aw11s and this is by far the most hardcore one i have had the pleasure to steer. the car is currently not running its been in storage for a year and before that it blew out its master cylinder on the track, thats what i get for using used parts at an event.

i am hoping to sell this as a package deal, including a parts mr2, a red hardtop, 4 sets of rims including a set of OEM miata rims (under 12lbs each), a spare engine, and harnesses, body panels from three separate mr2s, and just so much more, if your looking to jump into Autocrossing or just the joy of midengine HPDE's, this is the car trust me. it needs a new master cylinder, and a storage wake up, fluids and so forth.

next up is my alltrac shell, a mechanic was paid to work on this car while i drove in the first season of drift indy to aim at rallycrossing and ice racing in '08, the deadbeat stole my money and half repaired it, it blew its motor on the drive home, i have the shell and the blown motor, a spun crank bearing is the culprint. i just want to cash out of this investment, this is a real alltrac, awd and turbo before mitsubishi or subaru even thought about it. the head on the original engine and most accessories can be saved, i have an unused gasket set and some spare parts as well as a second tranny, center diff, and rear diff, for back ups, as they are impossible to find, and i picked them up from a part out.

the interior is MINTY, and the chasis has 104k on it.

full album is here http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/petergrave5/alltrac/

i also have a broken e30, its a '86 coupe 325es, with msport interior, its got very little rust on it and was a hawiian car most of its life, with papers to prove that (navy man owned it, must of shipped it back stateside in the 90s), the engine is strong but the cooling system has issues (must likely thermostat) as well as the driveshaft guibo and the rear end w/ suspension (tranny mounts, rear shock mounts most likely culprits), that all comes from a years worth of drifting, it needs combed over but its a strong runner when sorted out. it does have a upgraded cooling hosing system and engine motor mounts (vorschlag), there super strong allumiun mounts. yes it has an LSD thats working great, yes its the ETA motor.

its the one thats been flat blacked, it needs tires too, there totally gone.

and now to the real bottom line.

aw11 project with everything (including parts car) $1900 or best offer.

alltrac project $1350 or best yeah

e30 project $750

OR i will trade you EVERYTHING (you can literally have everything in my garage) for a SORTED out RWD track car, something turnkey, as my i am trying for a second child and would rather be in bed making the baby dancing with my wife then freezing outside spinning wrenches. more interested in trades than cash, cash just funds more time in the garage, cold, alone, not making...yeah.

i have clean titles for all of them. contact me via here, or transparent.peter@gmail.com or 317 881 4025. I live in greenwood, indiana the cars are stored at "my garage" at my fathers place.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/29/09 7:48 a.m.

Which motor is in the AllTrac? I thought i remembered seeing this thing on Craigslist a few months back saying that it had a 185 motor in it and a bigger turbo, or am i imagining things?

Besides the blown bottom end, is everything else still functioning or at least there to put back together? Stock turbo?

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
12/29/09 11:13 a.m.

the alltrac has the first gen 3sgte, EVERYTHING plus is there, and yes the only issue is the blown bottom end, the top end was rebuilt with Feltpro Gaskets, and ARP headbolts, but the bottom end was ignored by the mechanic leading to the spun bearing. and the motors already out, the harness was left in place.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/29/09 11:15 a.m.

Damn. Was hoping it was the 185 swapped one.

That makes two ST165s in Indy with bad bottom ends.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
12/29/09 11:39 a.m.

i blame armando (boostmonger on mr2oc.com). LOL j/k, but seriously theres another blown alltrac? who's is cheaper?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/29/09 12:17 p.m.
PeterGrave5 wrote: i blame armando (boostmonger on mr2oc.com). LOL j/k, but seriously theres another blown alltrac? who's is cheaper?

Actually... isn't armando around here? There was a white 88alltrac on 17s with a blown bottom end with a 185 swap on CL a few months back for $2k. It was squeeky clean, though. Was that his?

The other is my buddy's. Black, Team Dynamics wheels, 185 swap, 50trim turbo, buncha goodies, beautiful body. He's not sure if he's going to sell it, i'm trying to convince him not to. He's gpmarzan on alltrac.net.

Yours is cheapest. His is a little nicer with more goodies, though. But honestly, if i were to buy a 165 with a blown motor, i wouldn't care much about the rest of it. I'd be off to dump a Caldina drivetrain in it.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
12/29/09 12:39 p.m.

i don't know what armando is up to now adays, last i heard he had gotten himself a 3sgte swapped aw11 (the holy grail of toyota midshipness).

i missed that white alltrac, could have been, he likes to buy and break alltracs.

is that black alltrac in greenwood also....i have seen it, had to do the walk around, i delievered pizza to his neighbor, and i mean how often do you see an alltrac?

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/29/09 12:48 p.m.
PeterGrave5 wrote: i don't know what armando is up to now adays, last i heard he had gotten himself a 3sgte swapped aw11 (the holy grail of toyota midshipness). i missed that white alltrac, could have been, he likes to buy and break alltracs. is that black alltrac in greenwood also....i have seen it, had to do the walk around, i delievered pizza to his neighbor, and i mean how often do you see an alltrac?

Was in Greenwood, yeah, apartments off of Smith Valley. He just recently moved.

I'll make sure he knows that he's not the only one with a blown up ST165 around here when i see him this weekend... we're going to have a super happy fun time day wrenching on the MX6 again. Arg.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
12/29/09 1:50 p.m.

lol, i live like a footballs throw away from smith valley on orchard ln., the cars are up by 465 tho, on orchard all you can see are the euro's and the camry.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
12/29/09 3:02 p.m.

Yeah, i've seen the Bimmer and i think the Cabby around... you've probably seen my Celica a few times.

I'm down off of Stop 11 now, though. Want to come mess with an MX6 this weekend? Shoot me a message, don't want to fart up your FS thread any more, though i imagine the damage is done.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
12/31/09 1:35 a.m.

lol, oh yeah, these cars are for sale people, and i will negoiate, or trade.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
12/31/09 3:34 p.m.

mondo posts here on rare occasions... hows the crazy cuban doing anyway?...

i'm glad you're long way away... makes it easier to say no :)

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
1/1/10 9:57 a.m.

What color are the seats in the E30?

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
1/1/10 10:12 a.m.

seats in the e30 are tan leather.

last time i saw armondo he was tearing out a tranny with me, a couple years ago, since then its just been online, he's super busy with his own buisness.

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
1/1/10 8:37 p.m.

Damn! Was hoping for anthracite houndstooth

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
1/5/10 12:51 p.m.

not even any low ballers?

cghstang
cghstang Reader
1/5/10 1:02 p.m.

I'd low-ball you on the mr2 if I could drive it back to Dayton, OH.

skierd
skierd Dork
1/5/10 9:15 p.m.

How willing are you to get/help the new owner get the MR2 road ready? Don't have much use for the parts car beyond parts I can fit in it, but I've always had a a thing for those cars.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
1/7/10 10:47 a.m.

probably take a couple hours in my garage to get it road ready, and i could show you how to burp the coolant system, if you haven't owned an aw11 trust me when i say its a "special" process. i'd be more than willing to help anyone get that one running, or the bmw, both are very simple mechanical issues, the celica on the other hand, you're going to need a trailer.

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
1/24/10 3:00 a.m.

bump for moneys?

i'm thinking about doing an sr20det swap into my e30, i'll trade the alltrac with all 3sgte related stuffs and spare tranny and diffs for full sr20 swap....for reals, get car for a motor.

i've been pricing 20v swaps for the aw11...please stop me by buying it.

digdug18
digdug18 Reader
1/25/10 1:44 a.m.

very tempting on the alltrac, but all i have for one at the moment is about 400 saved, lol...

Andrew

digdug18
digdug18 Reader
1/25/10 1:44 a.m.

very tempting on the alltrac, but all i have for one at the moment is about 400 saved, lol...

Andrew

Flynlow
Flynlow New Reader
1/30/10 12:24 p.m.

Still have the MR2 and parts/extra car?

I'm about 3 hours from you, and have a truck/trailer. I wouldn't mind coming and taking a look next weekend.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/1/10 4:52 p.m.

I'm in southeast WI, and may be interested in the E30 if it's still around later this month. What kind of cooling system issues does it have? Also, the pics are a little vague, is that car silver, or is it like a champagne color?

PeterGrave5
PeterGrave5 New Reader
2/1/10 11:53 p.m.

i still have everything mr2 related, yes, and i still have everything e30 related...and alltrac related, who am i kinding...no one has bought anything yet, its all still up for sale, as my wife is getting more vocal about selling them (funny how her vw's are still not a part of our topic).

the e30 is that amazingly weird silver/gold color bmw calls bronzit, its flat black on top. it needs a thermostat, might need radiator flushed several times over. car tore old engine mounts on track (replaced with super hardcore Vorschag version) and fan got caught on radiator cowling, so that might need changed (mechanical fan with clutches), or go electric for simple better fix. don't forget rear suspension needs sorted and guibo. just the things holding the drivetrain in place, really, the drivetrain itself was always very strong and the rear end locked well, but it was track drifted for ...about 4 events, and many spirited drives in the back country, so its all just worn out rubber basically OEM stuff that is cracked and ready to go before i got to the fun stuff with it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jkInp3uUx8oNOebxvFMtsPPzvzcGP8uf33l4zMFeoSWqamUUxdhiY87mlH20TKWc