1 2
Baylis
Baylis New Reader
4/11/13 2:29 p.m.

I got a set of GT40P heads I'm trying to sell in Gainesville Florida for $200.

Would love to sell them to someone on the forum!

Caleb
Caleb Reader
4/11/13 8:26 p.m.

Any idea of the history on these heads?

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
4/11/13 10:21 p.m.

Not really. I had a 8.8 I wanted gone, guy traded me explorer stuff. That's about it. From what he says, the explorer motor looked good, but that's as far as I know. The heads look straight, mating surfaces look good, so I imagine he was being honest... lol. I was going to use them but my 86 has flat tops and they sometimes have PTV issues, so if I need new pistons I may as well build another block up then swap (my new plan). So these are now for sale :-)

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
4/11/13 10:35 p.m.

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
4/12/13 3:36 p.m.

Someone is supposed to be swinging by tonight to take a look at them

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
4/14/13 9:39 p.m.

Guy was a no show. Just an FYI, I'd take $200... except if you don't read this post, then you deserve to pay full price. But I don't intend on charging anyone on here full price, lol...

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/15/13 2:57 a.m.

Dang, thats half of what I paid for my Ebay GT40s!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/15/13 6:18 p.m.
The_Jed wrote:

You need these for Stincoln

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
4/15/13 8:51 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote:
The_Jed wrote:
You need these for Stincoln

I know, but shipping would be a bit egregious.

Hopefully, I'll find a set in the junkyard and hopefully I'll be able to go and hopefully it doesn't rain...too much...hopefully. I've heard rumors of PTV issues with these on the true flat top engines(what I have). Still tuning the signal to noise ratio on that one.

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
4/16/13 10:51 a.m.

lol, if only I lived closer. I got another set of GT40P heads and a GT40 intake. I buy, sell, and restore car parts for monies. Poor college student income!

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
4/19/13 10:19 p.m.

Do I need to give these away? I was hoping to flip them with a quickness :(

Baylis
Baylis Reader
4/22/13 2:14 p.m.

These just scream "Buy and love me, please" and by love, they mean gasket match and put a turbo on your 302... yea, that's love.

Baylis
Baylis Reader
4/29/13 2:49 p.m.

bump please buy

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
4/29/13 3:16 p.m.

I'd take them but I don't know when I'll be able to get up north to Gainsville

Baylis
Baylis Reader
4/29/13 3:21 p.m.

At this rate they should still be here... lol

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
4/29/13 3:23 p.m.

Are you going to Webster swap meet this Sunday, by chance?

Baylis
Baylis Reader
4/29/13 3:50 p.m.

Never even heard of it. What is that and where? I may just go... lol

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
4/29/13 3:58 p.m.

We call it Webster but the official name is the Sumter County Swap Meet. It's a huge monthly automotive swap, about 1500 vendors. It's worth it if you've never been

http://www.floridaswapmeets.com/

Baylis
Baylis Reader
4/29/13 4:37 p.m.

I'll look into that. I may even be able to offload some of the other stuff I have which would be awesome

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
4/29/13 7:26 p.m.

I'm getting 2 swap spaces. If you want to put a few things out for sale, you can stick them in my space, no big deal

Baylis
Baylis Reader
4/30/13 9:49 a.m.

Yea, that would be awesome.

Baylis
Baylis Reader
5/2/13 1:54 p.m.

I talked with my dad and we should be making the trip down there. Have to get some parts cleaned up before we do so. Time to kick it into gear! lol

Baylis
Baylis Reader
5/3/13 2:33 p.m.

If we get rained out then we may not drive down. In the meantime, we are pulling the heads apart and getting them hot tanked and the valve stem seals replaced. So yay for that? lol...

EDIT: Maybe it won't rain? The weather channel says 0%... after all the rain this weekend, it's hard to say

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
5/3/13 5:02 p.m.

Cool! I get in line at 6am. My number is 863-258-1775

Baylis
Baylis Reader
5/3/13 7:37 p.m.

Friend dropped the ball, decided to go racing instead of hot tanking my heads... Oh well. 2 choices. I can hot tank the heads and put new valve seals on them, but that won't be done till monday. OR I can bring them down as they are, already apart and ready for love. Either way the price is the same, just at what time you get them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BJb9ka8mkWEXxlzrau0kltL0RMp9p2MG91bDSVFxVnQ4HHXaSgCZ2tGTVBcqKzEd