Carson
Carson Dork
9/16/09 10:58 p.m.

I really do hate feeler threads so I'm a bit reluctant to post this but...would there be any interest in my '87 325is?

I need to eliminate a project and free up some cash, space, and time.

It's still a bit of a project, a sturdy weekend of work will have it road worthy for sure.

• It has a new salvage yard oil pan and oil cooler (the p.o. put a hole in the pan with much help from the oil cooler and a/c compressor.)

• Ireland Engineering poly motor mounts.

• New struts in the rear.

• New pads and rotors.

• BavAuto springs.

• Lamin-x covers on the high beams in yellow.

• Aftermarket air dam, I don't know who makes it.

• Aftermarket sway bars.

• 17" Koing wheels, (I don't know the model, I think they are Imagines) painted black with polish lip, they're a bit beat up.

• The throwout bearing is making some noise, it's on my list to replace.

• The headliner is gone, sunroof doesn't work, the on board "your tail lights are out" box is gone, no radio or speakers.

• Needs alignment.

Since I've owned it, I've replaced the oil pan, oil cooler, motor mounts, removed the demonic Viper 300+ alarm, painted the wheels, added the lamin-x, new spark plugs...uh, I'm sure other things.

I can't think of much else right now, ask me questions and I'll answer. I've owned it for a few months, clean title in my name in hand. Never road registered by me.

I got the car for free, basically, so I'm not trying to get a whole lot for it, but I do have some cash and time into fixing it. Also I'll consider trades for non-projects or drivable projects, honestly a OBD-1 Golf with A/C would be perfect. Depending on what it is, I could possibly throw some cash at it too.

Pictures

Thems the only pictures I have on this computer (they aren't actually on this computer they're on the Readers' Rides page). I can get more if anyone needs them or would like them.

Oh, I'm in central North Carolina, you'll have to pick up, I have no way to deliver and it's not registered.

Let me know! Especially before I realise selling is a daft idea and change my mind.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/17/09 12:20 a.m.

More pics and price to lesburchett aaat yahoo daht com?

-Les

Carson
Carson Dork
9/17/09 12:45 a.m.

Les, you'll get that email tomorrow evening. Can't find the pictures so I'll have to take some more.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
9/17/09 1:12 a.m.

No biggie, but am interested! I have wanted one of these for a loooooong time!

-Les

Carson
Carson Dork
9/17/09 9:03 a.m.

I remembered a few details since my initial post, the car has the typical E30 things like, non-op odo, cracked dash cover, and the shifter needs to be rebuilt.

I don't have a set price, I'm just considering offers for money or trades. I'd trade it for a Miata hardtop, I'd think.

Carson
Carson Dork
9/17/09 9:13 a.m.

Here are some more pictures I took with my phone on the way out the door this morning. The ground is wet, but the car isn't that's the actual shine of the finish. There is a bit of paint chipping on the air dam where the P.O. curbed it. I also included the dent on the driver's fender, otherwise the body is very straight.

speedblind
speedblind Reader
9/17/09 1:56 p.m.

Interested. Fairly local and could pick up. Tried to send you a message via the board, but it bounced.

Thanks!

SpeedTheory
SpeedTheory GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/09 2:39 p.m.

Any idea how much you'd want?

Carson
Carson Dork
9/17/09 6:58 p.m.

I really don't know what I'd want for it. I was thinking maybe around $1500, but I'm flexible. I was hoping to get some offers so I'd better know what to ask.

I keep remembering things it has:

• Braided stainless brake lines on all four corners.

• Momo shift knob, boot, and pedal covers. Their actual Momo items with Italy and P/Ns stamped on them (if that didn't just seal the deal, I don't know what will )

• PowerAdder intake kit.

• Ansa exhaust

• Basically the previous owner went through BavAuto and got one of everything.

• About a month before I got it (and the guy put it on the curb) the guy had $1700 in work done. I've misplaced the receipt, I think it's in the car, but it was basically: new rear Bilsteins, new half shafts, new parking brake cables, new rotors and pads at all corners.

• I have, new in the box, a timing belt and valve cover gasket for it.

jbp99cobra
jbp99cobra
9/17/09 8:02 p.m.

I blew the motor in my track car last week and am interested in picking this up to take its place for HPDEs until I can afford to rebuild my engine.

I really don't care what it looks like as long as the suspension and engine are all set. I am in Charlotte and have a trailer to come pick it up. putnamjohn@hotmail.com

Carson
Carson Dork
9/17/09 9:01 p.m.

Emails sent to all that requested one.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aARQNi4K6tgFCnfbM5hCthpS2HoDtCI7vw3d7S5RmfM1Ri8GKicBdgbimiD65Wua