1 2 3 ... 6
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 8:23 a.m.

...You're gonna have to take 2.

This is the best opportunity for an arrive and drive at the Challenge that you are ever going to see.

This car is my daily driver- '92 5 spd SVX drives fine. 4:11 final drive, Exedy organic, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, Koni/GC on all 4 corners. No rust, minor dings, faded paint on the roof, nice interior. This thing kicks butt! I'm pretty sure it is deep in the 13's in full street trim. I'll post pics later. Throw on a set of V710's (since they are budget-free), and she's ready to rumble.

The catch is you're gonna have to take a 2nd car. It's a '95 parts roller. Good rust-free body (less 1 fender), no interior, roller with a great motor and a bad trans. Sell parts off this (since it's part of the deal), and reduce your budget for next year to come back and be even more competitive. There are enough parts to zero out the entire deal!

Why would I do this?

Because I need space, and I love you guys.

No trades- that doesn't make any space.

One more catch- you've gotta bring this to the Challenge. This is a deal for Challengers. I have always wanted to see what it could do there, but I sunk way too much money into this (over $8K), and never had time to build a 2nd one cheaply.

I'll try to post pics later.

Oh, one more thing... can I drive it one last time on the track???

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
7/8/12 9:21 a.m.

Wow.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/12 9:27 a.m.

SVreX, How streetable is this car? Does it have AC?

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/12 10:16 a.m.

You've got mail!

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/8/12 10:27 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote: SVreX, How streetable is this car? Does it have AC?

+1

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 11:32 a.m.

The AC system is completely intact, but it is due for a recharge.

It's completely streetable. I drive it every day.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 11:58 a.m.

I should clarify something...

This car has never been on a track. I do not know how fast it is in the 1/4.

I'm guessing, based only on my butt-o-meter. YMMV.

Spinout007
7/8/12 12:05 p.m.

:D so what you're saying is.... It's faster than the schwinn?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 12:47 p.m.

That might depend on who's pedaling!

With me pedaling, I can assure you it is much faster than the Schwinn!

NuJrzRedline
NuJrzRedline New Reader
7/8/12 1:02 p.m.

Where did the 5spd come from? They were only ever made with autos.

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
7/8/12 1:23 p.m.

Why must I be so far away?! I would love to take that puppy to the challenge, even if it would not be competitive.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
7/8/12 1:32 p.m.

Sell it to one of the Gainesville crew and we can promise you top 5 in the autocross and 8th place overall.

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
7/8/12 1:35 p.m.

Also, just realized that you want someone to buy and then drive in the challenge that is 12 days away... That is crazy. You have me thinking about dumping my MR2 spyder quickly for a fly and drive weekend in two weeks.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
7/8/12 1:37 p.m.
singleslammer wrote: Also, just realized that you want someone to buy and then drive in the challenge that is 12 days away... That is crazy. You have me thinking about dumping my MR2 spyder quickly for a fly and drive weekend in two weeks.

You are thinking the Ulitmate track car challenge on July 20th. I am pretty sure he is trying to get someone to buy it for the $2012 Challenge late September.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 1:41 p.m.
NuJrzRedline wrote: Where did the 5spd come from? They were only ever made with autos.

It's a 4:11 from an RS.

You are correct, they weren't made with 5 spds.

I built this car in 2005, including suspension work that I learned from my first Challenge car- a '92 SVX.

Been driving it ever since, so it's pretty well sorted.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 1:42 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
singleslammer wrote: Also, just realized that you want someone to buy and then drive in the challenge that is 12 days away... That is crazy. You have me thinking about dumping my MR2 spyder quickly for a fly and drive weekend in two weeks.
You are thinking the Ulitmate track car challenge on July 20th. I am pretty sure he is trying to get someone to buy it for the $2012 Challenge late September.

Mr. J is correct.

I am talking about the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge, in late Sept.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 1:43 p.m.

...but crazy is what we do here!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
7/8/12 1:45 p.m.
SVreX wrote: ...but crazy is what we do here!

and the UTCC would be fun........

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 1:53 p.m.

Here's some more detailed info. I guess some of you don't know this car. It's an Ebay ad I wrote to sell it about a year ago- never sold.

I am re-listing this car. Unfortunately the previous high bidder did not close the deal. Up for sale is my baby, a Claret (beautiful deep wine color) 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L AWD. This may be one of the best opportunities to own a 5 speed SVX EVER! That’s right, I said a 5 speed SVX! It is NOT an automatic (the Ebay options would not let me select anything else). Anyone who is familiar with these cars knows that they are incredible cars, but the automatic transmission was the weak point, and sadly Subaru didn’t build any with manual transmissions. Before I tell you too much about the car, let me tell you a little about myself. Several years ago I was looking for a fast car to race, and came upon a Subaru SVX. I built a car we called the SV-Rex, and it was the first SVX to run the ¼ mile in the 13’s, and competed well in the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge. It was also raced in autocrosses, and had a couple of articles written in major car magazines (a feature in SubieSport, and another in Grassroots Motorsports). That was when I fell in love with these cars. I sold the SV-Rex, but I wanted to build a really great street driver, and this car is the result of that quest. It’s never been raced, but I put everything I learned from the racer into this car. The first thing I sourced was a manual transmission from a 2001 Subaru RS. This was chosen because of the 4:11 final drive ratio, which really gives the car a kick in the pants. That was coupled to a Exedy organic clutch and a Fidanza billet aluminum lightweight flywheel, which makes the car tremendously responsive. I fabricated a transmission mount, pedal assembly, etc. My goal was to try to build a car that was indistinguishable from one the factory would have built, and I came pretty close. I’ve included pictures of some of the fabrication work. You can see this is a very nicely executed job. It is, however, a driver. There are a few dings, and the paint is faded on the roof and the hood. If you are looking for a perfect car, please look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a tremendous car that is unlike any you’ve ever driven at a really great price, look no further. Once the drivetrain was complete, I needed to improve the suspension. The original car had a very cushy suspension, which is nice for a luxury car, but not for a sports car. Koni yellow adjustable struts were grafted into the factory strut cores and the car was fitted with Ground Control adjustable springs. The spring rate was increased significantly to give it a firm sports car ride. Coupled with the AWD, it handles like it is on rails! The tires currently on the car are Falken Azenis 215/45ZR16’s. This is an undersized tire, which increases the acceleration. They are mounted on the stock wheels, which are painted black. They are worn, but still have some life in them. I have over $8K in the car, but I am ready to move on. I’ve got 5 kids, and I simply don’t have the time to enjoy this car like I’d like to. Considering it's age, the interior, exterior and mechanics are in amazingly good condition. There are several dings in the exterior, but no rust. There is a small crease in the driver’s door, and I will include a good spare door from a parts car if you want it (but it is the wrong color). The interior is in very good condition. The leather is a little bit stiff, and there is a seam separating on the side of the passenger seat, but the dash and suede door panels are excellent. This car came loaded with options. ABS, power door locks, front and rear split power windows, tint windows, tilt and telescopic adjustable steering, pressure sensitive power steering, driver side airbag, automatic seat belts, 8 way power driver’s seat, heated exterior mirrors, 2 way power sunroof, climate control, 6 speaker CD player and cassette tape deck, cruise control, fog lights, AWD with limited slip rear differential, power antenna. Everything is working, although the AC needs a recharge. Please note this car no longer has its cushy factory feel. It is a stiff, and aggressive ride. If you love dozing off while Barry Manilow coos on the stereo, this isn’t your car. This car is for people who like to rev the engine, hammer through the gears, and DRIVE! But it will also cruise extremely comfortably for long distances on the highway. I’ve even got the original factory glovebox documentation, AND the ORIGINAL window sticker! It was $28,574 in 1992- THAT was a LOT of money! Plus, there’s more! I was the stunt coordinator on the movie “Fireproof”, and when we needed a sports car for a race scene, I cast my own baby. Here’s a link to a bit of the footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POwhSl6RBZM I realize the footage looks like it was actually wrecked or hit by a train, but trust me… no actual SVXii were harmed in the making of this movie! The buy it now price is $6500, but I'm committed to letting it go to a new home. I WILL sell to the highest bidder without reserve (unless I sell locally first). I do, however, ask that you respect the process and bid only if you are serious about closing the deal. So, this car has it all. The stylish lines of renowned designer Giorgetto Giugiaro, an excellent build quality, great documentation, excellent aftermarket parts, a knowledgeable owner who loves it, a low price, NO RESERVE, and even a little bit of movie history! Who could ask for more? As I have said- don’t expect perfect, but DO expect a great ride for a great price! Please post any questions you may have- I promise to post prompt responses. I reserve the right to end the auction early. I have dreams of my wife and me cruising down the road in this with the breeze in our hair, but 5 kids in the back seat kind of spoils the image. Bid early to beat me out of my seller’s remorse! Thanks for your interest! ________________________________________ On Sep-10-11 at 04:09:59 PDT, seller added the following information: I've been asked about whether the car has catalytic converters. The entire factory exhaust system is in place. ________________________________________ On Sep-16-11 at 03:04:06 PDT, seller added the following information: I will try to make a video of the car running and post it tomorrow. Please check back! Thank you. ________________________________________ On Sep-16-11 at 17:54:03 PDT, seller added the following information: I've been asked about "damage" on the door. There is no damage on the door beyond small dings, and the truth is that I even overstated the damage I referred to as a "crease". It is a ding about 1/2"x 4" directly along the edge of the door. Perhaps the reflections are reading funny in the pictures, but there are no dents. I took it to a mechanic to check it out today. He found no issues, and tried to buy it from me! ________________________________________ On Sep-16-11 at 19:51:35 PDT, seller added the following information: While at the mechanic today, I had him do some basic maintenance stuff. New plugs, tune, adjust TPS, replace A/C belt, replace air filter. $245 worth of maintenance. She's ready to roll to her new home. ________________________________________ On Sep-17-11 at 10:25:04 PDT, seller added the following information: Here's a walk-around video of the car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QvtM0j6038 ________________________________________ On Sep-17-11 at 10:51:49 PDT, seller added the following information: Here's a video of me starting the car and checking out the engine bay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVDJdRcYPZY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL ________________________________________ On Sep-17-11 at 11:05:44 PDT, seller added the following information: Here's a video of a smooth highway drive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjAD3RiNz20 (Hint: the next video will be more fun!) ________________________________________ On Sep-17-11 at 11:19:45 PDT, seller added the following information: Thought I'd take it for one last "spirited" ride! Whew! That was fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXITLKMTDI8 Thanks for your interest in my car! I really hope the next owner has as much fun as I have with this one! ________________________________________ On Sep-17-11 at 11:32:36 PDT, seller added the following information: Sorry those video links didn't work right. If you copy and paste the URL into your browser, it will work fine.
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 1:55 p.m.

Those YouTube links in the above post are still good, if anyone wants to see it.

I gotta stop this. I'm gonna talk myself into keeping it.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
7/8/12 2:05 p.m.

I think I've bought my quota of cars from you for the year, but someone should jump on this, it's a hell of a deal.

Spinout007
7/8/12 2:44 p.m.

Yes someone should... :D

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/12 3:11 p.m.

Holy sheeet. What a deal.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Reader
7/8/12 6:27 p.m.

I would totally jump on this if I didn't already have way too many cars.

If someone here ends up picking these up, I'd be interested in the parts car (need the engine, wiring and ecu).

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/8/12 7:33 p.m.

I've had a couple of questions I thought I'd answer here...

1) The car now has 148K on the clock.

2) It is completely drivable, but the tires are shot. No good for a long drive.

3) It has a clean title. I also have a clean title for the '95 parts car.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
psYB7pMIHT2Xt4ki6z13ycpEVF9t8nR4YpTezSNbpHiCmpmPe29Br3CTZF63Emvx