Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/14/17 10:12 a.m.

Wow--- hard to argue at that price.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
7/14/17 11:05 a.m.

I never really liked the 262C but I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I was even reasonably close. That should sell very quickly.

calteg
calteg Dork
7/14/17 11:07 a.m.

If I was anywhere close to you, I'd be on the way with cash in hand

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/14/17 11:19 a.m.

Now I want some Burgoo.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
7/14/17 11:22 a.m.

I've forwarded it to a friend who owns 5 or 6 bricks.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/14/17 11:23 a.m.
calteg wrote: If I was anywhere close to you, I'd be on the way with cash in hand

I'm kind of with you there. Hard to believe an Italian car in KY doesn't have rust though.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
7/14/17 11:33 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
calteg wrote: If I was anywhere close to you, I'd be on the way with cash in hand

I'm kind of with you there. Hard to believe an Italian car in KY doesn't have rust though.

I was under the impression that Volvos were Swedish.

Is "Bertone" more than just styled Italian and actually built there?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/14/17 2:20 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
spitfirebill wrote:
calteg wrote: If I was anywhere close to you, I'd be on the way with cash in hand

I'm kind of with you there. Hard to believe an Italian car in KY doesn't have rust though.

I was under the impression that Volvos were Swedish.

Is "Bertone" more than just styled Italian and actually built there?

I thought one of the tags indicated it was made in Italy. I paid my usual amount of attention to it though.

EDI from the wiki wiki

"The Volvo 262C is the first luxury coupe made by Volvo. Based on the Volvo 200 Series, the 262C was built by Bertone in Turin for the 1977-1981 model years."

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/14/17 3:52 p.m.

Since those things are like 92% standard Volvo, I never understood why they built them in Italy.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/14/17 8:05 p.m.

I though they had little in common with the regular cars. I must be thinking of the later Bertone.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
7/14/17 8:45 p.m.

Those are super cool.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
7/14/17 9:55 p.m.

I had a friend in high school that seriously lusted after one of those, but they were far too new for us to afford. I wonder if he ever scratched that itch?

mck1117
mck1117 Reader
7/15/17 3:20 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

The 262 is a chop-top 240 coupe, with some different interior parts, and a PRV V6. Suspension, rear end, non-roof body panels are the same.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/17 8:40 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I though they had little in common with the regular cars. I must be thinking of the later Bertone.

You are. Randomly, I once had a very vivid dream where my parents, who were diehard Pontiac drivers at the time, bought one of those Bertones. Like, to the point where I called my father and asked why he had bought a Volvo.

41NrMgsp1YZ4XdmskD7M8JQTU7lmVxAV