JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/28/08 2:40 p.m.

Ok, back from the BABE rally and I have to start clearing house here a bit. 2 Mustang GT convertibles, package deal (for the most part)

Details Car 1 - 1986 GT Convertible. Someone loved this at one time and it has some nice parts about it but the body and interior are junk. 5.0 HO motor is supposed to be from a later model car and certainly seems more potent than a stock 86. Posi rear (judging by the nice even double stripes we left every morning on BABE) of unknown gear ratio. In preparation for the rally it had the following done good used p/s rack installed a/c delete with proper ford motorsports relocation kit for the p/s line lock, installed and wired (not plumbed) new front calipers and pads new battery new thermostat used good radiator installed heavy duty 2 speed electric cooling fan installed replaced T-5 trans with a used (but recently rebuilt one) On the rally we had to replace the clutch cable as well so that's new. The body is ugly, there are no redeeming features to the body or interior portions of this car, other than maybe the top seems ok. Has hotchkis rear suspension arms and swaybar.

Car 2 - 1987 Mustang GT Convertible purchased with the intention of using the drivetrain from above to make a challenge car. Time and other priorities dont permit. Very solid straight rust free shell and let me emphasize that aside from the suspension this is a shell. All bolt on body panels are removed and gone, all interior is gone. Car does have aftermarket lowering springs (unknown origin), a 4.10 posi rear and an 8 point cage welded in (Summit sells the front part as a kit to make it a 10 point if desired)

Aditional parts, pretty much anything I took off car 1 that might have been useable, a/c system, the original T-5 that came out of the car (wont hold 1st gear)

Also have a Griffin 3 row aluminum radiator that was supposed to fit but it seems to be for a chevy application. marked as 19x26, new, never used (Will sell this separately for $130 plus shipping if someone wants it)

Rather than post images here (sorry I took big ones so you could get details) please look on my site at http://www.misfittoysracing.com/ba2be/2008/ForSale/

Now the deal. Being a GRM type person I'm sure I could find a use for the drive train so both cars minus the drive train (engine/trans only I dont need the rears) for $600

Or if you want it all with the engine/trans $1200

If there is no interest in everything together I will consider selling the caged shell for $400 and then keep the drive train and part/scrap the rest from the first car but I'd much rather see it all go at once.

As with all things GRM everything is open to negotiation and trades

If you just want parts off the 86 to use with the 87 and don't want to haul them both home you are welcome to strip it down at my place for what you want but you have to make arrangements to have the carcass hauled off.

Titles: 86 Title has been transferred to me and done with DMV but since it was out of state it will be 30-45 days until I receive it back in my name. 87 title is signed over by previous owner and not transferred. Only a problem if you are in PA since it is a PA title which requires notary. If you prefer I get it transferred to me in NJ I will do so but you will need to pay the DMV fee (about $20) and again wait 30-60 days for the new one to arrive.

Sneaking in the small note at the bottom to see who reads this far. The Subaru 360 microvan I recently picked up may be available as well soon. No title, solid(ish) body with some former accident damage (filler work, nothing serious) reasonably complete but a project for sure. $600 http://www.misfittoysracing.com/360/

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
5/28/08 4:50 p.m.

Damn Jim I gota get my Miata out of your yard before you sell it!!!

Bump for a Killer Deal on some nice Mustang action... I have seen both and can testify to it being a nice package.

jeff

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/28/08 5:20 p.m.
littleturquoiseb wrote: Damn Jim I gota get my Miata out of your yard before you sell it!!! Bump for a Killer Deal on some nice Mustang action... I have seen both and can testify to it being a nice package. jeff

I got yer miata in my yard therefore I need room ;)

No sweat though, it was a fun ride but not my thing, time to let the mustang madness move on (the engine however I could easily love in a different package)

HappyAndy
HappyAndy New Reader
5/29/08 12:46 a.m.

I know some one who is interested. can it be seen this weekend?

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
5/29/08 7:31 a.m.

Yep, I will be around this weekend.

Dunno if PMs around here work yet so email me at jim at misfittoysracing dot com for a phone number.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
6/2/08 11:53 a.m.

Pretty open to offers on these, package or parts just let me know, I'd like them gone soon.

Also looking for a quad cab pickup of some sort, willing to work a trade with these as well as the Subaru 360, 84 F150, 93 Caprice Wagon, or Formula Vee I have at the house, wanna thin the herd and need a 4 door truck to replace it all.

Also mildly interested in a late 80s early 90s full size ford wagon for a project.

As far as the mustangs go wifey wants a new TV so if you can score a deal on a 32" or better LCD I'd work it out too ;)

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
6/6/08 1:52 p.m.

I watched that 360 post when it first popped up on the last board and you bought it. I recall you talking about drivetrain swaps. Is there a useable motor in it at all and glass included?

I really have no business be interested in this thing, but it caught my eye when it first showed up on the boards. Reminds me of all the cool little vans I saw in Okinawa.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
6/6/08 9:57 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: I watched that 360 post when it first popped up on the last board and you bought it. I recall you talking about drivetrain swaps. Is there a useable motor in it at all and glass included? I really have no business be interested in this thing, but it caught my eye when it first showed up on the boards. Reminds me of all the cool little vans I saw in Okinawa.

It has a complete drivetrain but has not been run in about 10 years. All the glass is there, there is a crack in the front windshield but it is to the side and still usable.

As for the mustangs there is now a sale pending with a deposit paid so unless something goes wierd they are off the market.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
6/9/08 8:55 a.m.

Sale Pending on the Mustangs 360 still available(ish) 84 F150 and 1993 Caprice wagon available soon

Willing to trade any (single or combo) of the above (except mustangs since they are pending) for a quad cab pickup, 4wd/2wd doesnt matter, brand not important, fuel economy irrelevant, dually a plus but not required.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1ed3tHL90pLeZqWOcrmSQeV8XW5yFsh7az6rQF2e4qRGA97gOJdstx6HecEBk2CH