jazzop
jazzop New Reader
4/10/13 11:53 p.m.

I noticed this car at the local U-pull in Pensacola, FL. I got briefly excited because it was a V6, but I ran the VIN when I got home and found it wasn't the coveted 3.0, but only a 2.5.

The drivetrain is completely intact, down to the wheel hubs. I believe all V6 Milanos had an LSD as standard equipment. The body is mostly iron oxide, but the dash is intact. If anyone needs bits, I would be willing to pull them for beer money or in exchange for Volvo 855/Honda CRX/Series Land Rover parts.

psteav
psteav Dork
4/11/13 8:39 a.m.

I think that the US Market Milano always got the v6, although the 3.0 was only in the Verdes (which are scarce).

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
4/11/13 12:24 p.m.
psteav wrote: I think that the US Market Milano always got the v6, although the 3.0 was only in the Verdes (which are scarce).

True.

And now I should know better than to ask but 5 speed or auto? Too far to really entertain the thought but I still want to do a V6 Yugo with an Alfa driveline, but the 164 FWD setup would be better. Still...V6 FR Yugo...hmmm.

jazzop
jazzop New Reader
4/12/13 12:41 a.m.
And now I should know better than to ask but 5 speed or auto? Too far to really entertain the thought but I still want to do a V6 Yugo with an Alfa driveline, but the 164 FWD setup would be better. Still...V6 FR Yugo...hmmm.

Would I really bother to post about an automatic driveline in a junkyard? Shame on you. Besides, I don't think the USDM Milanos had automatics as an option.

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
4/12/13 5:02 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
psteav wrote: I think that the US Market Milano always got the v6, although the 3.0 was only in the Verdes (which are scarce).

True.

There appears to be an abandoned 164 near me (in Kingston ON). I could make some inquiries if you wish . . .

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
4/12/13 10:14 a.m.

Yes there were automatic milanos in the USA. There is not as much difference between the 2.5 and 3.0 as people think, a lot of people think the 2.5s are just parts cars for the 3.0 ones, but they only sold like 350 of them here and over 3k 2.5s and they are just as fun. It only would have an LSD if it's a platinum (leather seats, abs, silver clover on the trunk). The sidemarker lights are worth as much as $120 for a set if they aren't broken, and there are some other somewhat valuable parts too.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
4/12/13 11:03 a.m.
jazzop wrote:
Would I really bother to post about an automatic driveline in a junkyard? Shame on you. Besides, I don't think the USDM Milanos had automatics as an option.

I almost bought an automatic Milano for $300 about five years ago, they very much do exist. Only certain trim levels had the LSD, the Platinum and Verde IIRC.

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
4/12/13 12:17 p.m.

Not all platinums will have an LSD anymore from what I have heard. Alfa had to replace a lot of the transaxles under warranty, and if they didn't have an LSD one they just used a regular one.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
e8w8ZnhgJ7Nky0kaxyIVNyGlLfCQzFqb