chrispy New Reader
April 10, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Gone to new home.

LopRacer Reader
April 11, 2012 8:24 p.m.

Thank goodness I have no money, that would look great in my yard next to my 1984 Rabbit project. Good luck with the sale.

chrispy New Reader
April 13, 2012 4:27 p.m.

Very serious about the offer thing. Only driven on weekends.

chrispy New Reader
April 23, 2012 5:48 p.m.

GRM price drop to $1750 which is 1/2 of what I have invested.

corytate Dork
April 23, 2012 7:08 p.m.

just wondering: what keeps it from being tagged?

N Sperlo UberDork
April 23, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Wish I had the scrilla for that.

chrispy New Reader
April 24, 2012 12:43 p.m.

The title is screwed up, but I possess it, and would require a bond to straighten out. Also there are parts missing (working lights, wipers, horn, etc) to pass NC safety inspection. I didn't intend to tag it so I decided to spend my money on other stuff instead.

xflowgolf Reader
April 24, 2012 12:55 p.m.

wish you were closer... I have no use for the whole car, but would love to dicker and deal for the 13" basket weaves for my Rabbit :)

GLWS.

chrispy New Reader
May 3, 2012 4:37 p.m.

I placed midpack overall at last night's autocross. I also now have a tow dolly to throw in the mix for $500 (non-negotiable) more. I've been borrowing it and the owner said sell it with the car, he has no use for it. I don't have a lot of info but I know its huge, has a surge brake, and I just bought new straps. The lights don't work (short somewhere) but I'll include my magnetic tow lights. Dolly not available separately. I'll work a deal for the car, dolly, and everything I have for an MK2 VW. I'll also throw in the tow bar I use for short trips. Bring your truck/van and cash!

chrispy New Reader
June 3, 2012 5:34 p.m.

Still for sale.

accordionfolder New Reader
June 3, 2012 10:31 p.m.

Fired you an email.

chrispy New Reader
June 5, 2012 10:27 p.m.

The owner of the dolly listed above has decided to keep it after telling me I could offer it with my car so its no longer available. Sorry

The SRF tires are now mounted but a small spacer would be needed to fit over the front calipers. I'm trying to locate a set of spacers. One tire has a flat spot.

chrispy New Reader
July 3, 2012 4:38 p.m.

New price: $1500 obo.

chrispy New Reader
Aug. 1, 2012 11:46 a.m.

Still sitting here. Need funds for a newer car.

chrispy New Reader
Aug. 24, 2012 3:48 p.m.

Make a reasonable offer.

chrispy New Reader
Feb. 18, 2013 7:21 p.m.

Had a great season but am now wanting something I can drive to and from events. Towing with a minivan stinks and a new tow vehicle is a long way off. $1500 OBO, trades considered (up or down).

sethmeister4 Reader
Feb. 18, 2013 8:24 p.m.

Man, I figured all the v-dub guys on this forum would be all over this! Hope you can sell it!

J308 Reader
Feb. 19, 2013 1:54 p.m.

I'm in NC but have no room at the moment.

Why do I still want this?

chrispy New Reader
Feb. 20, 2013 12:44 p.m.

Cuz its a good deal and full of potential. Someone with skills could really transform this thing into an amazing car. I have neither the talent, budget, or space to do so. Its been a fun toy but I really need a "street" car.

Tom Suddard Intern
Feb. 20, 2013 1:44 p.m.

What sort of title issue is it? Is the title in your name?

chrispy New Reader
Feb. 20, 2013 9:24 p.m.

I"ll try to explain. The title is not in my name. I have a title that matches the VIN on the car. The name on the title is not the person I bought the car from. Additionally, someone started to fill out the transfer section on the back but never got it notarized. That name is also not the person I bought the car from. The date on the transfer section is several years after the person I bought the car from acquired it. My wife asked someone at NCDMV if its fixable and it would basically require a bond be posted equal to the value of the car and waiting a "period of time". I'm happy to provide the new owner with the title I have. Being a comp car I never intended to register it and neither did the PO. I've had it for 4 years and the PO had it for about 8 (he built it). If its solely the title issue preventing it from selling, I'd like to know so I can look into fixing it (or parting it and scrapping the shell). I'd also welcome any advice from those who have faced a similar situation.

logdog HalfDork
Feb. 21, 2013 5:51 a.m.

In my experiences title issues scare off a lot of potential buyers and drive the value of the car way down. Recently I found its an even bigger pain if the car without a title came from out of state and you want to straighten it out. Ive had two non-titled vehicles in the last year and I wont buy another unless its for parts only or cheaper than scrap price.

J308 Reader
Feb. 21, 2013 11:25 a.m.

FIRST, find out how long the bond period is. If it's 30-90 days, just start it, and give all paperwork plus bill of sale plus promise to help straighten it out to the new buyer. It's a track car, those types should understand at this $. If it's a year, then still, start it, and see above, and try to follow through. I got my truck that way and it worked out for me.

That said, I live in NC and have seen a few things that may work for you.

They are: Lost title application Contact PO that is on the title and ask him to sign a power of attorney for the title. Bill of sale (legit... or not... or so I've heard) Knowing someone at the NCDMV. Yes, as strict as this state is, I know two people who have 1) received a title with no paperwork and 2) have altered a title, removing names, etc. with no paperwork.

Some combination of the above may get it fixed with minimal effort. I would start with going to the DMV with a printed bill of sale and saying you bought the car from the dude on it, but the title has been lost, what to do? Then play dumb and see what they tell you about straightening it out.

chrispy New Reader
Feb. 21, 2013 1:46 p.m.

Thanks for the help. I'll investigate further.

chrispy New Reader
May 20, 2013 2:55 p.m.

Traded to a nice guy with a shifter kart.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

20 hours ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

1 day ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

1 day ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

2 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

3 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

3 days ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

3 days ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

4 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

5 days ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

Chris Albin’s Flying VW Golf: What Really Happened?

1 week ago in News

What really happened to send Chris Albin's VW Golf flying?

Drive Cars From the Lane Motor Museum Collection

1 week ago in News

Love older, maybe slightly weirder cars? This event is for you.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
jwwZ6HKIxRXXOfI6Gepqk9q0k9kQt79S