The_Jed HalfDork
June 27, 2012 7:43 a.m.

http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/3070843601.html

Apparently this combination of options is rare on a 735. It's a bit over $2,012 but the price is coming down.

Not mine, no affiliation.

June 27, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Wow, those are rare bird. I know a guy who used to own one. I've never seen another.

psteav HalfDork
June 27, 2012 8:53 a.m.

I've never seen that generation of 7 series with a stick. The generation before (E23?) they were relatively common. That's a pretty cool ride.

integraguy UltraDork
June 27, 2012 8:18 p.m.

As psteav says:

up until this gen. of "7" series, a manual transmission wasn't too rare. Then in one jump...they were gone. Nice car, but it would be nice to have a bit more info (but that's why folks want to get all those calls, right?).

integraguy UltraDork
June 27, 2012 8:21 p.m.

BTW,

someone has/had a late-ish model 750 on my "local" CL for $2,500. I was tempted to post it to one of the other parts of the bulletin board. Supposedly, this car had a spark plug problem and the owner was selling because a shop told him it would cost $1,500 for plugs and wires...are 12 cylinder plugs and wires that expensive and/or hard to change?

Knurled SuperDork
June 27, 2012 9:04 p.m.

I remember the V12 tuneup[ parts being shockingly expensive. Had one customer bring one in, wanted us to replace one spark plug.

eebasist
eebasist Reader
June 27, 2012 10:07 p.m.

Wow, this vintage 735i with 5 speed is a unicorn......someone will be a lucky buyer.

dculberson Dork
June 28, 2012 8:45 a.m.

This car has been haunting my thoughts since being posted.. Man this would make a great daily driver.

@integraguy: A $2500 750 isn't actually very rare at all. I've seen them for as low as $500. A "spark" problem could be anything from a plug or wire to one of the two ECU's. They're horrifically expensive to work on; one of the reasons I've heard spark plugs are so expensive is because of the labor to get to them. They're not readily accessible.

mtn PowerDork
June 28, 2012 9:30 a.m.

I really want this car. Too bad. Maybe in a few months I'll be able to swing something like that (fingers crossed).

I have some experience* with BMW's and could check this out for those interested.

*some experience=DDing a 91 318 for a year or so, as well as driving my Dads current DD of 4 years, which is a 95 525. Not much technical knowledge here, but I could at least take detailed pictures.

DoctorBlade SuperDork
June 28, 2012 10:55 a.m.

That's sweet. Where were these things when I had the money?

singleslammer Reader
June 28, 2012 11:03 a.m.

Damn it! This thing is only like 3 hours from me and I would love this thing. No money for car. Also wife would be pissed!

The_Jed HalfDork
June 29, 2012 8:50 a.m.
dculberson wrote: This car has been haunting my thoughts since being posted.. Man this would make a great daily driver. @integraguy: A $2500 750 isn't actually very rare at all. I've seen them for as low as $500. A "spark" problem could be anything from a plug or wire to one of the two ECU's. They're horrifically expensive to work on; one of the reasons I've heard spark plugs are so expensive is because of the labor to get to them. They're not readily accessible.

It's been in my thoughts as well...

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

From the GRM Vault: The Art of Understatement

1 day ago in Articles

The Harvey brothers dominated autocross in an obsolete Datsun a couple decades ago.

2017 Volkswagen Golf TSI SE

1 day ago in New Car Reviews

The quintessential European hatchback continues to pour out of Volkswagen's plants. Our test car featured four doors, a turbocharged 4-cylinder ...

Join the Grassroots Motorsports Dyno Day

2 days ago in News

Join us for a dyno day in Sterling, Virginia.

We're Giving Away a $500 Race Ramps Certificate

2 days ago in News

Joining the drawing is totally free.

25 Project Path

3 days ago in Articles

A walk through 25 of our favorite project cars from the past.

Our Turbo Miata Goes Boom

3 days ago in Project Cars

Engine swap and suspension revamp before our race in two weeks? Challenge accepted.

The Ultimate Weekend Getaway for Your Car Club

4 days ago in News

Save a corral space just for your club at the Mitty.

Reader's Ride of the Week: V8 Jag

4 days ago in News

It’s a long-wheelbase 1974 Jaguar XJ6 fitted with a 350-cubic-inch Chevy V8.

Honing Cylinders

4 days ago in Project Cars

We hone our LS1's cylinders

Break Maiden

1 week ago in Articles

Creating a turbocharged road racing champion from a vintage Ford Mustang.

Meet Us at Sebring

1 week ago in News

We'll be at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Will you?

2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring

1 week ago in New Car Reviews

Honda has been pumping out Accords for over 40 years now. Obviously they have a recipe that just plain works. ...

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
ZaaYwQwwbzo4vSA4SGXrxouJlfnRRkHi