BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
6/21/17 9:15 p.m.
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
6/22/17 5:18 a.m.

One of my closest friends had a few cougars from this vintage when we were in our late teens/early twenties. His favorite was the same setup as this car aside from it being white, and maybe having leather, but I forget the interior. He put Mustang Cobra wheels in white on it, and it did look pretty cool. Well until the head gaskets, and transmission failed from his ham-fistedness(is that a word?) He always claimed that super charged manual was one of 10 ever made. I doubt it. He also claimed it was faster than the 5.0 he had in the other cougars. I was skeptical.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
6/22/17 6:07 a.m.

I love Cougars, but I prefer white ones....

Oh wait...are we talking about cars here?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/17 6:55 a.m.

That's a pretty interesting car.

Edit:

Gaaaahhh...those damn seatbelts!!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/22/17 7:25 a.m.

I had an 87 in High School. Essex 3.8 and automatic. Much hooning in the snow ocurred. Mine had the digital dash with an analog clock in the console...tres swanky!!! Great car. Given the right options (the example linked here may just be one), Id be willing to take a flyer on it.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
6/22/17 10:50 a.m.

I had a pair of 1987 XR7's in high school, purchased for $250 each from a dealership wholesale lot. I used one for parts for the other one and drove it for over a year. There are exactly zero of those left around here, and they made a lot more of the 1987-88 cars than the 1989-90 SC cars.

The MN12 Chassis SC cars are cool in their own way, and pretty rare. I had family with a couple 5.0-powered 1992 XR7's, and they were nice driving cars in their day.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
6/22/17 1:32 p.m.

My friend had two 88's I think, and the 89 SC 3.8 litre manual. The 88's were Bostonian edition cars with a different vinyl roof package that hid the cats eye glass behind the doors with a rectangular opening. The cats eye glass was still the same, but looked different from the outside. He loved those cars, but abused the ever living E36 M3 out of all of them. I texted the link to him, but radio silence.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QMXwnGlZZ6JydpS11Ss9ATTDJbzvusUytHI2KJClYE1ue6F5rFJ88pYZZSpc6CoR