xci_ed6
xci_ed6
12/1/08 5:56 p.m.

My car was stolen, then dumped at my parents house in pieces. Many of the pieces are here, many are not. I don't have the time to deal with it, so I just want to pay of my student loan. Te chassis is a 91 Dx hatch, still has a clean title, very little rust.

Read here for details on the theft: http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12123

The most valuable things: Chassis has a clean title, trans mount is cut off, rad support is slightly bent, interior is gutted

K-sport coilovers--- OBX limited slip diff installed in trans-- Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel--- 6-puck clutch specialties clutch--- (These four parts cost more than my asking price)

Avid racing traction bars--- 10.1" SiR front brakes--- All new rear drum brakes--- Si rear sway bar--- 2.5" stainless exhaust, header, and racing catalytic converter--- Fully installed energy suspension bushings, EVERY bushing, not just the 'full' kit, but more--- short shifter--- new ball joints lower and new camber adjustable upper--- new tie rods, inner and outer--- stock D15B2 engine--- 3 engine computers, one socketed with a chip for 3500rpm launch control and 12psi turbo map--- d16y8 intake manifold--- black housing altezza tail lights--- upper and lower strut bars---

MANY more parts, everything related to this car MUST go. I do not have the time to fix it. PERFECT chance to build a Grassroots Motorsports $2009 challenge car. Oh, and most of the stuff is new or nearly new, I had not driven on 90% of the parts when it was stolen.

-Dustin 319-329-4680

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
12/1/08 8:35 p.m.

not interested, but posting pix would help the sale, as would a asking price.

as would; list of what is apart and needs to be assembled; what parts would be needed; ect..

your link was an interesting read to say the least, lessons to be learned about how not to do car deals...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Production Editor
12/1/08 9:01 p.m.

The worst car deal ever. Sorry about your luck, I'm sure you learned some lessons.

Pics and price would help for sure.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6
12/1/08 10:41 p.m.
xci_ed6
xci_ed6
12/1/08 10:42 p.m.
xci_ed6
xci_ed6
12/1/08 10:50 p.m.

Exactly what is missing I am not sure. I know the carbs I had for it are gone, the ignition is still in there I think. The wiring harness is a pile of pigtails. There is basically no hardware, no nuts and bolts for anything that they removed. The headlights are gone, radiator & hoses. Axles are there. There are 4 15" wheels from a geo storm gsi, the 14" steel wheels were what I sold it with, when it was dumped it had the minty LS wheels with bald tires. The steelies are gone, so the LS wheels will go with it. Gas tank was removed, don't know why, but there are no straps to hold it in.

Really great if you have a rusted out hatch around to steal parts from, but I believe it is restore-able even with out a donor.

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
12/2/08 6:12 a.m.
xci_ed6 wrote: My car was stolen, then dumped at my parents house in pieces. Many of the pieces are here, many are not. I don't have the time to deal with it, so I just want to pay of my student loan. Te chassis is a 91 Dx hatch, still has a clean title, very little rust. Read here for details on the theft: http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12123 The most valuable things: Chassis has a clean title, trans mount is cut off, rad support is slightly bent, interior is gutted K-sport coilovers--- OBX limited slip diff installed in trans-- Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel--- 6-puck clutch specialties clutch--- (These four parts cost more than my asking price) Avid racing traction bars--- 10.1" SiR front brakes--- All new rear drum brakes--- Si rear sway bar--- 2.5" stainless exhaust, header, and racing catalytic converter--- Fully installed energy suspension bushings, EVERY bushing, not just the 'full' kit, but more--- short shifter--- new ball joints lower and new camber adjustable upper--- new tie rods, inner and outer--- stock D15B2 engine--- 3 engine computers, one socketed with a chip for 3500rpm launch control and 12psi turbo map--- d16y8 intake manifold--- black housing altezza tail lights--- upper and lower strut bars--- MANY more parts, everything related to this car MUST go. I do not have the time to fix it. PERFECT chance to build a Grassroots Motorsports $2009 challenge car. Oh, and most of the stuff is new or nearly new, I had not driven on 90% of the parts when it was stolen. Location: Eastern Iowa Asking: $1700 -Dustin 319-329-4680

$1700 is what it looks like to me! seems like an easy challenge car to do i, i mean boosted hondas are like the new rx7 with a v8 swaps it seems....
oh well, not enough room for me, i got something else joining my garage soon, its really starting to get tight in there.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6
12/2/08 3:55 p.m.

One of my friends has an OG homemadeturbo setup he would probably part with. HF manifold/adaptor/IHI RHB5 (ford probe), with a starion FMIC, and DSM 450s. It is pretty cobbled but it worked on his CRX. He would probably part with it for fairly cheap, like $100-150 depending on what all you wanted from it.

Videos and pictures of the turbo installed on my friends CRX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJZ4W0EvRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGnbXQKNVA

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/turbo_projects/d15b2_IHI/

I may be interested in trades for 6th generation (98-02) Accord suspension parts like struts, aftermarket sway bars, etc...

-Dustin 319-329-4680

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lTS26eeqw5ykarHqXbs9SJ1ihVX5LqRGKVfMT187AqQufYqvwiBg5R5BjYad9dAu