spriteracer Reader
Feb. 29, 2012 8:48 p.m.

Not mine, no affiliation, have too many projects, etc., etc.... New Orleans area

Link to nostreetracing.org

FS: 95 M3 roller

Make: BMW Model: M3 Vin: WBSBF9320SEH07576 Contact: Boosted240sx@bellsouth.net Price: 1300 OBO Realized i was trying to sell the wrong e36, keeping my red 325 and going to sell my 5spd 95 dakar m3 roller. Looking to get 1300 obo. Needs motor, trans and fuel pump to be back in running condition, everything else is there. Interior is black with vaders, leather is rough and headliner is sagging a bit. Alpine head unit and stock sound system. Body wise the paint was gone when i got it a year and a half ago, the carbon hood is gone(replaced with a hellrot), back bumper is unpainted, have new motorsport moldings still in the box and the front bumper is gone. If you arent worried about it being an authentic m3 I have a 2.8 m52 that could go with it. It comes with 5 ds1 wheels with 4 tires that should be replaced fairly soon. I also have a set of breyton inspirations 17x8.5 no tires 3 painted black one silver I will sell separately once the shell is sold for $550. You can contact via post pm or Email Boosted240sx@bellsouth.net will get current pictures but heres a few from when i picked it up.

JFX001 SuperDork
Feb. 29, 2012 11:58 p.m.

Hmmm...not bad...5.0...T-5....

Actually, I'm liking that black wagon in the first pic better.

patgizz SuperDork
March 1, 2012 8:22 a.m.

is an engineless car with bad interior, no m3 front bumper, and needing a paint job worth $1300?

looks like about $400 to me, anything that made it special is gone.

Tom_Spangler Reader
March 1, 2012 9:12 a.m.

Eh, it still has the LSD rear end, the bigger brakes, the suspension is presumably complete. I don't know that I'd give $1300 for it, but that's not too far off. Add LS1, strip the interior and cage it, and you have a fun track monster.

xflowgolf New Reader
March 1, 2012 10:14 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Eh, it still has the LSD rear end, the bigger brakes, the suspension is presumably complete. I don't know that I'd give $1300 for it, but that's not too far off. Add LS1, strip the interior and cage it, and you have a fun track monster.

exactly what I was thinking

dyintorace SuperDork
March 1, 2012 11:06 a.m.

How cheaply could you install an LS1? Not from the perspective of the cost of the motor/transmission, but considering all of the plumbing, mounts, etc.

John Brown SuperDork
March 1, 2012 11:57 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: How cheaply could you install an LS1? Not from the perspective of the cost of the motor/transmission, but considering all of the plumbing, mounts, etc.

Motivated, and with a welder I know of at least three people that could do it in a weekend for $500.00 not including the car, engine or transmission.

I watched Kevin install a 5.7L in an empty Fairmont, build all the mounts, install a pair of long tube headers, run plastic fuel lines from the OE tank forward, install a HP pump in the tank, cut and weld the driveshaft (not balanced but it was on to the trailer functional) plumb the cooling and make the car "run" for less than $1200 complete and in about 16 hours. The donor $1000.00 Camaro supplied all of the fun bits, he sold the Camaro for $250.00 scrap then bought the plastic fuel lines from NAPA. The car still runs like a champ.

The exhaust was the hard part for him. He wanted it to look OE.

spriteracer Reader
March 1, 2012 1:01 p.m.

You people are talking me into this car now. Who wants a bridgeported 13b widebody first gen rx7??? My wife will kill me if I don't abide by the one in=one out rule.

92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
March 1, 2012 1:02 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: You people are talking me into this car now. Who wants a bridgeported 13b widebody first gen rx7??? My wife will kill me if I don't abide by the one in=one out rule.

I do, but there's no way i could afford it.

spriteracer Reader
March 1, 2012 1:15 p.m.

It's challenged priced but needs finishing as well as new oil control rings in the engine.

dyintorace SuperDork
March 1, 2012 2:27 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
dyintorace wrote: How cheaply could you install an LS1? Not from the perspective of the cost of the motor/transmission, but considering all of the plumbing, mounts, etc.

Motivated, and with a welder I know of at least three people that could do it in a weekend for $500.00 not including the car, engine or transmission.

I watched Kevin install a 5.7L in an empty Fairmont, build all the mounts, install a pair of long tube headers, run plastic fuel lines from the OE tank forward, install a HP pump in the tank, cut and weld the driveshaft (not balanced but it was on to the trailer functional) plumb the cooling and make the car "run" for less than $1200 complete and in about 16 hours. The donor $1000.00 Camaro supplied all of the fun bits, he sold the Camaro for $250.00 scrap then bought the plastic fuel lines from NAPA. The car still runs like a champ.

The exhaust was the hard part for him. He wanted it to look OE.

Damn! That's quick and not much $$$

Knurled Dork
March 1, 2012 4:49 p.m.
patgizz wrote: is an engineless car with bad interior, no m3 front bumper, and needing a paint job worth $1300?

Is it rust free? If so then yes.

corytate Dork
March 1, 2012 5:54 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: It's challenged priced but needs finishing as well as new oil control rings in the engine.

straight trade for a roller 280z + alot of parts?

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

10 hours ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

11 hours ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

2017 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI 4Motion

11 hours ago in New Car Reviews

Say hello to the Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TSI S with 4Motion. It comes with a turbocharged 1.8-liter engine that is ...

You Need This: $1600 Street Racer Ford Festiva

12 hours ago in News

It already has a GRM sticker and everything.

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

12 hours ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Your Projects: smokindav’s VW GTI Project

13 hours ago in News

Love a good MK5 GTI? You might enjoy this build thread.

Wing It: Simple Talk on the Complex Subject of Aerodynamics

1 day ago in Articles

Whether sleek, boxy or somewhere in between, all cars interact with the air while racing down the track.

2018 Acura TLX V6 A-Spec

1 day ago in New Car Reviews

Acura is introducing something new for the 2018 model year: the Acura TLX V6 A-Spec. It's the highest trim level ...

You Need This: 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi

1 day ago in News

For sale: one of Suzuki's under-appreciated hot hatches.

Buyer's Guide: Chevy Cobalt SS

1 day ago in Articles

All the information you'll need on GM’s entry in the sport compact wars.

Wednesday Night GRM Live: Are You Using the Right Chemicals for the Job?

2 days ago in News

What do all these cans even do!?!?

Project SVT Focus Gets Caught Up on Maintenance

2 days ago in Project Cars

Once again, some off-road action sent our project focus under the knife.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
Oz5gG5vmima9yiHTKKz8F6yNuZs1St8W