Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
5/30/12 1:58 p.m.

If you have any interest in acquiring a good '96 head so you can make it a running car, I have one I want to part with...

moxnix
moxnix Reader
5/30/12 2:31 p.m.

So how much for the miata?

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
5/30/12 3:26 p.m.

What's the market say? $800?

moxnix
moxnix Reader
5/30/12 4:20 p.m.

Sent you a PM (Contact) thru this site just a bit ago.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
5/30/12 4:33 p.m.

How rusty is it?

corytate
corytate Dork
5/30/12 9:24 p.m.

trade straight up for my datsun and all the parts other than the door skins and center console. forreals. this thing is way less over my head than the datsun is right now lol

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
5/30/12 10:47 p.m.

It looks like it had rust repair in the recent past, there is fresh primer or paint on the lower rockers, and they seem all smooth. Other than that, don't think there's any rust.

...What kind of Datsun? Roadster??

Finnerty
Finnerty New Reader
6/13/12 8:31 a.m.

putting this up on CL now too...

corytate
corytate Dork
6/13/12 5:00 p.m.
Finnerty wrote: It looks like it had rust repair in the recent past, there is fresh primer or paint on the lower rockers, and they seem all smooth. Other than that, don't think there's any rust. ...What kind of Datsun? Roadster??

wow can't believe I just saw this.
It's a 75 280z, I keep breaking saw blades cutting out one of the 4 very small rust spots in it. It's got a 4speed with it that does shift, does not have an actual shifter with it though, and the engine in it (so I was told by a source I consider reliable) ran when pulled. From what I've been able to figure, it's a 70 or 71 l24, has the "good" carbs. Was told it smoked when running and needed carb work, which I assume means gaskets and it is leaking onto the exhaust. it is mounted up in the car now, held in place with the two mounts and ratchet straps.
comes with most of an interior, headlight covers that I just got, a metric ton of bolts, and is already most of the way stripped.
I'm losing motivation on it because it's so far (in my mind at least) from being finished right now and I've never even driven it before.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ei2eUBcu6E9PcLInn8c4LDtPNcTJgfFcW2kYtBHfyervwe80P3xbPvTYI2Yc3o5J