TinRoozter
TinRoozter New Reader
6/8/18 4:38 p.m.

SOLD!

I posted this in Open Classifieds two months ago. A little bit of work, this car would great for the autoX. It is located north of Birmingham, Alabama. 

1967 AH Sprite/ 1976 Ford Pinto AKA the SPRINTO

Unique auto cross car built in the early 1980s. This is a heavily modified Austin Healey Sprite chassis with Ford Pinto running gear. Not currently running, carburetor issues. However it will turn over. 
• A 2.3 liter Ford engine with a BW T-5 five speed transmission linked to a locked 4:11 rear end. 
• Holley 500 CFM 2 barrel carb with a stock manifold. I also have an Offenhouser manifold for a 4 barrel carburetor.
• Ford Pinto suspension, front and rear. Adjustable rear sway bar, and drilled front A arms.
• Kirk Racing roll cage.
• Kirkey aluminum racing seat. Removable steering wheel.
• Modified steel body work.

This is my car, I need some room more room in my garage. And some cash to run my Spec Miata.
$1750 for car and $500 for single axle trailer that came with the car. Or make a deal for both.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/8/18 4:57 p.m.

Is there a title or at least a VIN?  Do you have a weight on it?  Cage meets current SCCA specs?  

TinRoozter
TinRoozter New Reader
6/8/18 5:13 p.m.

No, the car has been completely chopped up. The guy who built the car drove it on the street, decades ago. But, when I bought the car, it was a trailer queen. No title or VIN. I haven't weight it. The cage may pass some specs, but it depends on what you do with it. It would be fine for time trials, auto cross and etc.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/9/18 5:53 p.m.

Do you think a 6’2” 230lb guy would fit?

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
6/9/18 6:55 p.m.

That is cool.  Wish I was in a position to do something about it.  

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
6/9/18 7:10 p.m.

In reply to NordicSaab :

Yeah,  I’m hoping I can fit because it looks like it would be a blast.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
6/9/18 7:32 p.m.

I'm 6'4", 210 lbs and fit in a bug eye. I look over the windshield, but I fit.

TinRoozter
TinRoozter New Reader
6/10/18 9:40 p.m.

I'm 6 ft tall, and the last time I drove it I was about 175. I'm pushing 200 now, LOL! I've taken the seat liner out, I sit very low in the car and I have a lot more room.  Here's picture of me in it at a Solo II. 

btabacchi
btabacchi Reader
6/18/18 3:33 p.m.

PM sent

TinRoozter
TinRoozter New Reader
6/19/18 6:59 p.m.

In reply to btabacchi :

Replied to your PM.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/20/18 8:04 a.m.

If it wasn't for the no title I would be very tempted. A 2.3t should be relatively easy to put in and make big power. Unfortunately as fun as I could make it, no title make resale value pretty less good, so I can't really justify it. 

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
6/20/18 8:42 a.m.

Nice car.

TinRoozter
TinRoozter New Reader
6/23/18 9:57 a.m.

In reply to spin_out :

Thanks

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
6/24/18 9:32 a.m.