stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand None
9/7/09 1:20 a.m.

Hi all,

I am relatively new to this site but not to GRM, been a reader and NASA racer for a long time! In fact, I was in contact with Scott Lear while he was fixing up his Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon. Huge fan!

What we have for sale is a clean 1983 Rabbit GTI shell located in Ashland, VA. It is a clean, first-year example of the legendary Volkswagen GTI. Everyone we talk to agrees, it is a great candidate for a GRM $20xx buildup. We are hoping to sell it to someone who will enjoy it for what it is and give it the lovin' (and buildup) it deserves...

It is very complete, exterior wise, with silver paint that obviously needs some work. Despite being in Virginia, I would call the car rust free. The floors are all exposed (no interior), and you can tell they are clean. It is a mean looking little car! I will have pictures of it after Labor Day.

Oh, and it comes with a brand-new front airdam. Plus a bunch of spares. It has no suspension at the moment, but that could change depending on what you are looking to buy. The car is sitting on the rotisserie at the moment, so it would be super easy to transport it, despite not having wheels etc. You could just strap it down to a trailer, or pick the body up and load it in the bed of a pickup.

Anyway, my roommate and I were hoping to use the car for GRM 2009 or ot-ten, time depending. We had plans to put a Volvo B21FT with a 4spd OD, clutch-type diff, and some 15x7 meshies with RA1s on it. None of that has come to fruition, as life has intervened....

We are asking 800 obo for the shell, or $1400 with the homebuilt rotisserie. Can write a bill of sale/receipt for just the car for GRM Challenge rules compliance if necessary.

Contact me via this forum or email if you have any questions/interest.

Thanks for looking!

Billy

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dv5GYtIU3RG2xDpcgcgDTLaoPyZTYtwqdJSHL4DJbEFxQYQJLuXO77hDJhwr0Yqm