Javelin SuperDork
Jan. 5, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Well somebody came by to buy stuff so now I know what I actually have in the shed still...

All for 79-85 SA/FB Mazda RX-7's:

1. Rear hatch glass, factory no-wiper but with defrost. - $5

2. GSL-SE suspension, includes the following: Front struts/uprights with inserts, springs, and top hats (all assembled), unknown inserts. Rear Tokico adjustable shocks (one has a sketchy looking adjuster). Rear springs. Front brake calipers. Random hardware and lines. $30 for all (great for your Lemons/Chumpcar/Challenge car!)

3. Wiper motor assembly w/arms, known good. $5

4. Blower motor and random ducting (unknown if complete), known good. $5

5. E-brake handle assembly, black. $5

6. Interior plastics, all medium brown or black: A-pillars, sill plates, dash end covers, front defrost section (metal) plus assorted bits. $5

7. Pair of headlight motors w/ arm assemblies, known good. $10

8. Complete front carpet kit, factory, in maroon (from bins forward) - $5

9. Pile of random switches, relays, wiring, and interior pieces - $5

10. GSL 5-speed manual trans, complete $25

11. Set of 4 Hayashi Racing Street II wheels, 14x6, 4-spoke aluminum with polished lip. Nearly new Bavarius Barum directional sport tires (comparable to like a regular Direzza or a GForce Sport). 26Lbs with tire! $400 for the set.

Any questions? All will be shipped from 98626 or available for local pickup in SW WA/Portland OR type areas.

Osterkraut SuperDork
Jan. 5, 2012 10:15 p.m.

Must not buy parts to a car I don't own yet, must not buy parts to a car I don't ow... got pictures of the wheels?

Javelin SuperDork
Jan. 6, 2012 9:05 a.m.

Osterkraut SuperDork
Jan. 6, 2012 11:11 a.m.
Javelin wrote:

Interesting...

Javelin SuperDork
Jan. 6, 2012 11:34 a.m.

I can paint the bare centers for you kind sir. Does gentleman prefer black, bronze, gunmetal, or white?

Osterkraut SuperDork
Jan. 6, 2012 1:12 p.m.
Javelin wrote: I can paint the bare centers for you kind sir. Does gentleman prefer black, bronze, gunmetal, or white?

The gentleman would prefer Panasport knockoffs or meshies. Though 1st Gens have a strange way of making things I don't like grow on me. For example, I know sort of want to 13B and Dellorto swap an SA instead of buying a GSL-SE...

Javelin SuperDork
Jan. 6, 2012 1:25 p.m.

The only meshies that ever looked good an SA/FB are the 14" LE's I had on mine. The 15" Enkei's are just a flat face and look horrible. Pana's are going to be $$$$ unless you want the new 15" Rewind's from Konig.

I saved the Hayashi's to do in Bronze and stick on a side-drafted SA in Lime Metallic with fender mirrors...

Osterkraut SuperDork
Jan. 6, 2012 4:13 p.m.
Javelin wrote: The only meshies that ever looked good an SA/FB are the 14" LE's I had on mine. The 15" Enkei's are just a flat face and look horrible. Pana's are going to be $$$$ unless you want the new 15" Rewind's from Konig. I saved the Hayashi's to do in Bronze and stick on a side-drafted SA in Lime Metallic with fender mirrors...

Photos would help your argument....

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Concours d’Lemons: Showcasing the Best of the Worst and the Worst of the Best

1 day ago in Articles

This year’s Concours d’Lemons celebrated two cars rarely associated with the glitz and glamor of Monterey.

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

1 day ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

Acura Unveils New Prototype Race Car in Monterey

2 days ago in News

Acura yesterday unveiled the new Acura ARX-05 prototype race car.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

2 days ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

2 days ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

3 days ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

3 days ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

3 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

You Need This: A Quite Eye-Catching Green Over Red Ferrari

3 days ago in News

Not your usual Ferrari color combo.

Your Projects: JDM Autozam AZ-1 Kei Car

3 days ago in News

What are the realities of importing a JDM kei car to the U.S.?

Bid on a New Helmet and Save Some Puppies and Kittens!

4 days ago in News

Four helmets will be auctioned off.

Tonight on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Lee Grimes of Koni Shocks

4 days ago in News

This may shock you, but suspension is arguably the most important part of going fast.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
PgJrRazX4tSh4QUSB5yRJYsW4Mp2C1JX