XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/21/18 6:57 p.m.

I have a CL search for New England set up in case anything cool/cheap pops up that my dad could grab for me.  This kind of exceeds his ability, and I already have two non-running Saabs that my wife wants me to get rid of sad

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/99-viggenaero-lots-of-parts/6723157577.html

So for anyone who wants to experience the God-given glory of massive Swedish torque steer, smoky burnouts, and really comfortable seats, this will be available until I win mega millions and start collecting up all the poor orphan cars and motos out there, among other things.  The 9kAero has the same downpipe/exhaust mine had, which basically reduces turbo lag to nothing.  Also includes a spare B234R engine/trans and a few sets of 16" wheels. 

I'm kind of struggling to paste pics; possibly a result of not posting much in the past year or so. 

(Small world note - there's a slight possibility the Aero is my mom's old car.  They sold it to someone in CT with about 125k on it, and there were only ~650 manual 9kAero's of all colors imported in '94)

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/18 8:09 p.m.

Damn that's a good deal, and basically the starter package for the best preGM Saab you could build.

Build the viggen with the 9000 motor and viggen head (for strong bottom end but good flow head and lighter valves). Use the cams from the 9000 though.

The exhaust manifold from the 9000 might be the one with a t3 turbo adapter instead of a t25. Get that one. Bolt on a very large turbo.

Maybe take both fuel pumps (should be stock walboros, like 195 lpr each) and rig them to run in parallel in the tank. Get a big set of injectors, run e85. 

Not like I've considered this on anything...

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/21/18 8:25 p.m.

Damn and the colors on either one are to die for. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yb3chawtJHwmXjTxayMzK5ZFzBxTogI0U4ByAfQLpDo72NPxmTAADbHUknmuPNbP