DocV
DocV New Reader
2/27/17 12:45 p.m.

I have been trolling the list of Craigs for fun, and I wind up lusting after old cars I don't need. I have no affiliation with this seller nor have I seen the car in person -- this car is unfortunately 2+ hrs from me. The sound of a screaming 4AGE haunts my dreams, and this one has factory ITB's (toyota 20v silvertop) no less. I think it needs to be in a GRM driveway:

https://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/6015355081.html

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
2/27/17 1:49 p.m.

And '86 means the parking brake is on the driver side. (after '86 it got moved over, both my old '87 and now '88 feel like I'm reaching for the glove box.)

The0retical
The0retical Dork
2/27/17 1:58 p.m.

That's a cool little car. I guess I never looked at them real close since now want to know what happened with the HVAC control stack. Looks like Toyota got done designing the interior and remembered they needed to be there after production started.

rodknock
rodknock New Reader
2/27/17 6:19 p.m.

Hmmm, that's a bit far but the want is strong.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
2/27/17 8:20 p.m.

In reply to rodknock:

Fly and drive man, Fly and drive.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
2/27/17 9:29 p.m.

Strange that the ad mentions 4age out of ae101 but fails to mention it is a 20v which was never sold in the US.

Looks to be a genine hard top. No sunroof or t-tops. Missing rear window trim and or rear visor. Missing the radio surround which were near non existent 10 years ago. Surprisingly, still has the ashtray cover. Has power windows and cruise control.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/28/17 7:11 a.m.

The '86s are my least favorite year of 1st gens, but this looks nice and could be a bargain at that price. Also missing covers in the frunk, but seems like most of these cars are missing those lately.

Klayfish
Klayfish UberDork
2/28/17 7:52 a.m.

What has been seen MUST be able to be unseen. I've loved AW11s since they were new, have had 3 of them, and this one is 15 minutes from me. This doesn't exist, this doesn't exist, this doesn't exist.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/28/17 8:51 a.m.

4ag swapped out of an ae101 he says.....interesting. I'm fairly sure no 101s in the us came with that motor. The geo prism did, but that stopped offering it in like 1992.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/17 8:57 a.m.

The trim around the rear windows is unobtanium, I think I pulled the last set in existence off a wrecked MR2 years ago. But $2K is a stupid price for something that looks to have no rust, no cracks in the dash and a decent motor upgrade. This should be at the 2017 Challenge!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XUMEHMyQAkabC7QRPbRwpUD0l0PJluOYURhbkO43SaQIlUBljTq2Z3UYNalNjYiS