dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/9/09 6:45 p.m.

As usual, not mine.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1025811462.html

Porsche 917 kit carlooks like Porsche's 917 race car only $1500 cash today. Needs complete resto but it's only $1500 a 25% discount for cash for a car that the body costs $10,000. K Ghia D/brake font end, has trans, needs bug motor, gauge package dash, wired, needs pans. Moving need it to go before I have to move it. Open to trades for motorcycles , sports cars, and VW rail buggies that run good worth at least $2000 or it's not worth doing. 770-256-1606 If you just think you want a 917 and you are not really into these. A couple of guys asked about the pass side wheel that is down in the pics. If they are removed from the "kit" it looks much more like a real 917 racer. The fastest racer did not have them. It's open in the rear for a great engine view. I was going to remove them and set them up as add ons. The front valence panel is in drivers side window. They are very very hard to come by. It sits that low. It had to be removed for towing. The drivers window is inside the car. They are rare originals complete with the factory vents. A must have for any restoration as are plastic and most have long since crumbled. My passenger side window is in very good condition it can be reused. With these new plastic windows are easy and cheap, without them expensive and hard to ever get them made just right. I've been offered $500 for the windows from another owner. $750 for the doors and windows. The fiberglass is good shape too.

Goldmember
Goldmember New Reader
2/9/09 7:55 p.m.

Pretty cool, but what about that white(pontiac?) in the back ground. It looks like it has a Plymouth Super Bird wing on it!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/9/09 8:34 p.m.

Dude that's a Monza in the background and it has a giant plywood wing on it.

That kit is hideous though. It wouldn't fool anybody.

Kit:

Real 917:

mtn
mtn Dork
2/9/09 8:36 p.m.

Don't the rules specifically say no to kit-cars?

Goldmember
Goldmember New Reader
2/9/09 8:46 p.m.
mtn wrote: Don't the rules specifically say no to kit-cars?

unless they are Zamboni based

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
2/10/09 8:33 a.m.

Am I the only person that noticed the wing on that car in the background . . .JEEZE

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/10/09 9:08 a.m.

That's the limited edition "Field goal Monza

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qpcnZ03fAqxKbp66rK4i0xWCmULK7LRR28hfmOnAnftUgIbrYO7b2i6vnqudVOkW