volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse SuperDork
2/25/16 8:12 a.m.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5457940941.html

These cars have a well documented racing pedigree.

The engine is not a 351 Windsor; more likely it's a 351M or possibly one of the last Clevelands to roll down the assembly line. Either way, a 460 is cheap and drops right in (it'll bolt up to the C6 as is).

volvoclearinghouse
2/25/16 11:29 a.m.

I bet if you waved 5 bills in the seller's face he'd sign the title over.

volvoclearinghouse
2/26/16 1:06 p.m.

Man, after all the land barge love I'd seen here lately I thought you guys would go bonkers for this.

crickets

Disclaimer: I don't know the seller, don't have a dog in this. Just would love for someone else to grab this old beast and turn it into a really cool project, LeMons, Challenge, or just a driver. There's lots of potential here. After 5+ years of wrenching on our LeMons LTD of this vintage, they really are much less terrible than you'd expect.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/26/16 2:22 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: The engine is not a 351 Windsor; more likely it's a 351M or possibly one of the last Clevelands to roll down the assembly line. Either way, a 460 is cheap and drops right in (it'll bolt up to the C6 as is).

That'd definitely be a 351M, as the Cleveland was done in '74.

PushrodRWD
PushrodRWD New Reader
2/26/16 3:38 p.m.

I'll show a little love. This is a decent family sedan for the time. I would rather drive it across country (this country, not some place smaller than a mid-sized county in Texas) than anything out of Japan and almost anything out of Europe (that a working class family could afford), at that time.

For that kind of money you could make a great daily driver or beater out of this. All you need is a set of basic hand tools and you could keep it running for a few more decades.

If the brakes fail wedge a Miata under the bumper to disipate the energy. Go home and use some rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to get the stain off your chrome bumper.

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
ANMDzEqeGWQuIrhpuS1sgne2sg2Jy1Gx