jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
1/1/18 9:13 a.m.

Self-imposed discipline and a hazy New Year's resolution have caused the following decision:

1977 MG Midget roller, semi-stripped and ready-for-anything -  $700 to any GRMers 

This body is in GREAT shape, with rubber bumpers already yanked and interior mostly stripped.

Unfortunately, despite repeated attempts to understand the total noob photo-posting instructions, I still can't get the magic to happen and let the pictures speak for themselves.  I'll be happy to answer any PM's with picture-loaded emails.

The 1500's tranny is still in place.  This was a project started 4-5 years before I grabbed it with delusions of grandeur and wishful Challenge dreams - ergo it's a ground-zero starting point for rebuild, to wherever you want to take it.

Located in Hagerstown/MD

Your interest and patience are greatly appreciated!

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
1/1/18 9:17 a.m.

One attempt at the inside pics--

All straight, rust free.  Only mods were cutting away the front bumper mounts off the frame where it comes through the grill.  

Questions welcomed!

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/1/18 9:27 a.m.

Hmmmm. I have most of the parts, from earlier spridgets, to put this back together.

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
1/1/18 1:01 p.m.

So many possibilities, right?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/1/18 1:52 p.m.

Once I was going to buy 2 beater late model AH Sprites that was really this car........until I realized that at 6'4" you cannot get your legs to work any peddles.  

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/1/18 2:12 p.m.

Damn.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
1/1/18 2:29 p.m.

Why the berk couldnt you have posted this 6 months ago.   If you had, it would be getting a sportbike motor crammed into it, instead I got a Spitfire.

The fun idea is that it should be relatively easy to convert to RHD, install sportbike motor with a setback (taking up some of the passenger side footbox real estate.

Problem areas:  stock rear can only take 100hp and not aggressive launches that the motorcycle clutch may necessitate, plus gearing.   so narrowing another solid rear axle with good ratio options will likely be necessary.  

That said..  might be able to make a fun challenge car out of it that way.  

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
1/1/18 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I'm 6'4" and drive a bugeye.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
1/1/18 6:03 p.m.

Man I would love to have that.  

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
1/1/18 7:18 p.m.

Oh, believe me- I’m pretty sure I know what you were thinking!

Very close to the same thing I was when I bought the 79 I had.

That is a great looking car!

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
1/6/18 10:08 p.m.

I'm torn between continuing the strip for a track/autocross, or letting someone seize upon this great shell for rebuild.

There's already a 1500 engine waiting an hour away to mate with the original tranny still in place.  -I have commitment issues...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
1/7/18 2:58 p.m.

Once again, if I had the space I would be scarfing this up.  But alas I do not.  Also a friend has a lead on a cheap TR3.  

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/18 3:13 p.m.

Yes, glad I just don't have the space right now...... Hagerstown is right  in my backyard!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
1/8/18 7:40 a.m.

I did a Phase I ESA on the Walmart in Hagerstown several years ago.    I saw some interesting stuff in the area. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GQvezQsInEP6yvRzFBT9CcrlQzvbLMPSCxXaVGvvSFob1xTefwYVe7zV8n8r15Sl