1 2
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/2/17 2:02 p.m.

Have all these Jeep threads got you excited?  Are you ready to build your dream Jeep?  Or better yet, your dream GRM-tasic offroad oddball?  Have I got a deal for you!

This is a late 70s CJ7 frame.  It comes with a 258 I6 of unknown condition. It has a Dana 30 front and AMC 20 rear. AMC 20s are great because you get twice as many parts in your axle shaft compared to competitors.  Thats value.  Gear ratio is unknown.

The frame has been patched.  Could use some additional work.  Comes with a custom front bumper that I can only assume was made by some blind blacksmith in Scranton.  I also have a rear bumper from a 2015 Ram 3500 on the back held on by gravity.  Included is the worlds sketchiest rollbar.

This chassis is equipped with mostly bald and completely dry rotted 31s on a set of factory wagon wheels.

This rolling chassis is a perfect start to build a 4x4 Prius, #Vanlife expedition camper, mobile dog grooming business, or to park next to your garage and annoy your neighbors.

How much for this dream maker?  I will let it go for a GRM buddy/Challenge Friendly/Please haul this away price of 50 bucks.  Negotiable if you bring Almond Joys.

No title.  Ran when parked.  Inspection expired.

logdog
12/2/17 2:08 p.m.

This marriage saver is located in Northeast Pennsylvania, conviently located to all buyers nationwide!

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/2/17 2:11 p.m.

You, sir, can write an ad!!

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/2/17 3:42 p.m.

I was reading this wondering where the cheapest slightly rusty Gremlin with a clean title was...

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/17 5:38 p.m.

That bumper clearly knows about hardscrabble living.

I was about to say the same about the roll bar, but I see now that it's intended to provide luxury to the connoisseur who really *uses* their roll bar, by using the nice, cushy tires to soften the landing when you go over.

What I want to know is how you actually managed to combine so much honesty about this vehicle's remarkable features with instilling some sort of desire to own it. Whether fortunate or not, I can't get it here, and don't know what I'd do with it if I did. But I feel like I should send you Almond Joys for the ad.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/17 5:39 p.m.

Hmmm...  4WD Locost?  

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/2/17 9:17 p.m.

Voted best of! cheeky Oh man that was GREAT!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
12/3/17 12:43 a.m.

Title? My buddy needs a jeep title

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/3/17 3:40 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 : 

logdog said: No title.  Ran when parked.  Inspection expired.

logdog
12/3/17 7:26 a.m.

No title or VIN plate.  But its CHEAP!*

*Seriously, as long as you don't try and lowball me with a Mounds instead of an Almond Joy, this bad boy can be had for candy money.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/3/17 7:53 a.m.

We gotta get the bidding going on this one.

I'll offer you one Mounds bar. No wrapper, not melted.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/3/17 9:21 a.m.

Do you accept knockoff.candy? Almond happiness fun time perhaps?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
12/3/17 11:32 a.m.

Typically CL question:  

Do you think it would make the 300 mile trip for me to drive it home? 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/3/17 12:49 p.m.

Mad Max ghettocet?

logdog
12/3/17 9:41 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I'm a snob.  Only Gen-u-wine Almond Joys!

logdog
12/3/17 9:42 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I guarantee it will make it down the mountain.  If you need to go north out of the driveway, no dice. :)

logdog
12/3/17 9:43 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

I can throw in some random pieces of metal to weld to the front if you want to make your dreams come true.

logdog
12/5/17 1:47 p.m.

You could build your very own off-road Rabbit!  As seen on Jalopnik and  Craigslist

Im sure a GRMer could do it for waaaaaaay less than 8500.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
12/5/17 1:55 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

I'm not a fan of body on 4X4 frame transplants but that does look good.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
12/8/17 8:08 a.m.

Combine that with this and you can have most of a jeep for under $200. I believe the cj7 and tj are very close in wheel base. If the body does need shortened some it's all just flat sheetmetal, how hard could it be?

If we keep hunting and posting CL links I wonder if we can build a completely hideous Frankenjeep for $500 and an epic roadtrip while simultaneously cleaning up several peoples yards. By my count we need a tranny and transfer case, radiator, and hood, fenders, and grille.

logdog
12/8/17 4:00 p.m.
gearheadmb said:

By my count we need a tranny and transfer case, radiator, and hood, fenders, and grille.

I have a couple transmissions to choose from and a Dana 20 T-case that can go with it.  Maybe not for candy, but I can work out a deal.  

To be clear, I will let this chassis leave the drive way for an Almond Joy.  I don't need the 50 bucks. Take the crank and build a 4.0 stroker!  Turn the rear into a trailer!  I hate to see this leave for the scrapper as a chassis and come back as Harbor Freight tools.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
12/9/17 10:08 a.m.

Man o manischewitz, that is a deal

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
12/9/17 11:02 a.m.

This is the first time ive ever seen a person enjoy almond joy so much hed trade a jeep.

Usually thats reserved for a Klondike bar. 

Kramer
Kramer Dork
12/10/17 9:13 p.m.

How about someone start a GoFundMe page.  The seller gets his $50.  Someone else gets the rest, but has to drive the chassis, as is, on some crazy, long expedition.  And tell us about his road trip.  All the driver gets is a milk crate full of tools and spares.  And he has to sit on the milk crate.  

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
12/11/17 4:05 p.m.

Don't temp pilotbraden with such tomfoolery.  he is apt to take you up on it.  I have my 47 Willys by such ideas.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0RJOX64caY8p8TCz7Y8jW8BbyFudnhyVj5EdzRWhWOjyrqSvGUN97vWFAD21w7lo