t25torx
t25torx Dork
12/1/17 5:40 p.m.

But I have no room right now and one more car might send the wife over the edge.

Armored V12 1994 mercedes 600sl v12 - $1200

Armored V12 B6 Rated 1994 Mercedes 600SEL.

Imported/Purchased @ Custom's Auction. All conversions complete with paperwork making it street legal.

Very well taken care of until home fire. Paint damage to rear quarter panel. Low Miles @ 140,000. Strong V12

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/armored-vmercedes-600sl-v12/6380674620.html

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/1/17 6:12 p.m.

I want to see the fire damage. There wife was impressed, no kidding.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
12/1/17 6:22 p.m.

I've seen armored German stuff before but not even at that low a price.  Would make a great target dummy up in a holler somewheres.  Budget Gerard Butler type b-movie for internet fame? smiley

jsymonds
jsymonds Reader
12/1/17 6:49 p.m.

That is so cool.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
12/1/17 7:08 p.m.

I wonder if it's really an armored version (which I do know exist) or if they're mistaking the insulated side glass for bulletproof glass. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/1/17 9:46 p.m.

My brother just got a W140 S500 for his winter car, what a car...

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
12/1/17 11:50 p.m.
dculberson said:

I wonder if it's really an armored version (which I do know exist) or if they're mistaking the insulated side glass for bulletproof glass. 

Yea need an interior picture. That will tell the tale of if and how the cell was built for it and if it is armored or not. B6 rated protection will stop multiple 7.62x51 but the pillars, door, and window armor will intrude pretty heavily into the interior. Then there's the whole can't roll windows down thing...

I've driven B7/Level V armored Land Cruisers, I didn't think you could make the interior of them feel small but it's apparently possible with enough protection.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
12/2/17 1:47 p.m.

I remember police officers in the north of Ireland on a summers day would cruise with the doors held ajar with their feet in their armored Austin Montegos because of a lack of air conditioning. indecision

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
12/2/17 8:10 p.m.

Man that’s tempting.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/3/17 9:12 a.m.

I see a lot of w140's for sale that say it's bullet proof glass and panels. 99% aren't, all w140 have double pane glass. Like the poster above said, the interior is a bit different in regard to dimensions and bulkyness and they weigh as much as my excursion! No, lie they're over 7k lbs and get 5mpg lol. 

From the pics on craigslist, I can bet it's not armored

Look at the glass of a real one.

Roll the window down and if it doesn't look like this then it isn't armored.

If the seller knew it was armored then he'd know he can get over 5 digits for a clapped out one. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
12/3/17 12:37 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

What’s odd to me is he mentions the b6 rating,  which doesn’t strike me a someone who saw the thick factory glass and makes an assumption. Anyway,  I just sent a text and it’s sold....sigh.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/3/17 1:53 p.m.

Still a good price for a v12 w140. Especially being black. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/3/17 6:20 p.m.
yupididit said:

Still a good price for a v12 w140. Especially being black. 

Dependent on how bad the rear was burnt...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fhFfbfNYpQIclJFHJPzHLm6sIdD54zLiSvml7Qab9HnfmbcrJWpHbw9orsgyCPwx