ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/13/18 5:03 p.m.

Edit: SOLD

Short Version:

• 1988 BMW 325iS coupe - Build Thread
  • Competed in $2015 Challenge
  • Lowering springs
  • Stripped interior
  • Stock motor with custom intake manifold with air/water intercooler and M62 supercharger
  • Megasquirt engine management
  • Needs some work to run properly
  • Comes with lots of spare parts including 80% of what is needed to convert to a manual transmission
  • Will sell with complete budget documentation. This means a $500 car with the various parts and their costs. $2018 total if you plan to take it to the Challenge.

Long Version:

I'm selling my former Challenge car. I've had a lot of fun building it. See my build thread linked above. But my life has changed and it's time to pass this car along. It's still a great car and can be a lot of fun for you.

• 1988 BMW 325iS coupe
  • Automatic transmission.
  • No structural rust. Some surface rust present (see photos in next post). Dents and dings in most body panels.
  • Custom paint job done with John Deere green tractor paint.
  • Interior stripped other than dashboard. Unnecessary electronics and their wiring removed (stereo, interior lighting, sunroof motor, trip computer, etc.)
  • Megasquirt engine management with customized engine wiring harness
  • Custom aluminum intake manifold with air/water intercooler
  • Eaton M62 supercharger from Buick Park Avenue Ultra mounted to intake manifold
  • Throttle body, MAF sensor, IAT sensor, and IAC system from the same car remote mounted in engine bay
  • Custom machined aluminum outer crankshaft pulley and power steering pulley with serpentine grooves to run supercharger
  • Innovate LC-1 Wideband Oxygen sensor and controller
  • New front lower control arm bushings
  • New water pump
  • Fresh brake pads, rotors, and rubber brake lines all around.
  • Conversion to lug studs and nuts with parts from Vorshlag Motorsports
  • E36 steering rack swap (fewer turns lock-lock than stock)
  • Bavarian Autosport lowering springs
  • Aftermarket 15" wheels with 205/50R15 Kuhmo Ecsta XS (2012 date codes)
  • Custom machined wheel spacers to adapt 15" wheels to the hubs.
  • Set of 5 14" basketweave wheels and one 14" bottlecap all with very old tires that roll and hold air
  • Nice, fitted car cover from California Car Cover.
  • Bentley manual, electrical wiring diagrams, wiring diagram for customized engine harness.
  • Includes everything needed for a manual transmission swap except clutch and flywheel.
  • I will include any and all spare parts related to this car with the sale

The not so good:

• Air/water intercooler has a small leak into the intake manifold
  • Some surface rust spots scattered around the car
  • Has been in a minor front end collision. Bumper was bent, has been replaced
  • Automatic transmission is tired
  • Supercharger bypass valve isn't controlled, so the supercharger can't build boost. Megasquirt can control this, but needs some circuit modifications done to make it possible.
  • Pulley alignment for serpentine (supercharger) belt is off. Threw a belt last time it was run at an event.
  • Supercharger mounting surface of the intake manifold isn't completely flat. Majority of air leakage fixed with thick gasket.
  • The Kumho tires are old. You likely won't win any championships with them, but could be used at local autocross events.

Rough Budget / Bill of Sale Breakdown (will negotiate each value with the buyer):

• $500.00 - BMW 325iS
  • $156.03 - Supercharger & Throttle Body
  • $70.80 - Fuel Injectors
  • $174.15 - Intercooler system (minus intake manifold)
  • $324.50 - Intake Manifold
  • $87.66 - Pulley System
  • $188.60 - Megasquirt v2.0
  • $210.93 - Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor (still have OEM O2 sensor as well)
  • $32.43 - Cooling system
  • $50.24 - Control arm bushings & E36 steering rack
  • $177.52 - 15" wheels with spacers
  • $87.25 - Paint (interior and exterior)
  • $75.00 - Front seats
  • $110.32 - Manual transmission parts
  • -$227.43 - Budget recovery from sales

Total - $2018.00

THE BOTTOM LINE:

• I'm selling this car and all of its related bits and bobs for $2018. We'll agree on a breakdown of the costs and write up a bill of sale for that. I have a clean title in my possession for this car.
  • It's a great little car with a lot of potential for you to bring out. Would make a great start to a GRM Challenge car.
  • It runs well enough to be driven on to a trailer. I would not recommend street driving this without fixing a couple of things first.
  • If you are interested, shoot me an email at . I should respond within a day.
ShawneeCreek
3/13/18 5:09 p.m.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/18 9:13 p.m.

Sweet car. How did I not know it was auto? Not a big job to swap though if you have most everything.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/14/18 8:18 a.m.

I did not need to see this..... I cannot be temped with such things right now!

Saintd
Saintd New Reader
3/14/18 8:32 a.m.

Is this car in Indiana?

ShawneeCreek
3/14/18 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Saintd :

No. It's in mid-Michigan. Essexville specifically.

Saintd
Saintd New Reader
3/14/18 10:15 a.m.

Gosh dang it, I’m in midland. Think I’m going to have to come look at it today if you’re around. 

ShawneeCreek
3/14/18 11:17 a.m.

In reply to Saintd :

I'll be home by 4:30. Shoot me a text and I'll send you my address. I'll be home.

Saintd
Saintd New Reader
3/14/18 8:29 p.m.

I came, I saw, I’m super conflicted. 

Sweet car but it’d be sad if the car went from collecting dust in one garage to collecting dust in mine. 

ShawneeCreek
3/18/18 3:28 p.m.

And it's off to it's next home. It seems like it will be a good one and might even make it to the Challenge this year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QBgc785jpJboYZ9uMzgoTrh7hm284IrQ8jicpiQqclagBhK4mnosFJEK2Xa0Erbr