PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
9/3/13 6:46 p.m.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/4043555567.html

If I had the time or money I'd part it out myself.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
9/3/13 6:50 p.m.

Uh oh... Can never have enough hardtops, and I have room at the shop for another parts car.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/3/13 7:38 p.m.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And it's an automatic, so it has boost-friendly compression and a transmission that won't grenade! This thing is a freakin' unicorn.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/3/13 7:48 p.m.

A freakin unicorn that noone wants.

(I already emailed about it).

Knurled
9/3/13 8:14 p.m.

Dibs on the transmission if you buy it.

cghstang
cghstang HalfDork
9/4/13 9:25 a.m.

So do I need to go drive around Oakwood tonight looking for this thing?

EvanB
9/4/13 9:36 a.m.

I think so, they haven't returned my email.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/4/13 9:57 a.m.

this plus exocet frame plus FM gift set = drool

Knurled
9/4/13 1:06 p.m.
cghstang wrote: So do I need to go drive around Oakwood tonight looking for this thing?

The Chris handicap: You're not allowed to have a turbo.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/4/13 1:57 p.m.

So the automatic transmission is better for turbo conversions? You learn something new every day.

EvanB
9/4/13 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

No, some people are just funny.

Knurled
9/4/13 6:58 p.m.

I don't know if the trans in the Miata is related to the older Jatco stuff, but the 4-speed from the RX-7 was the 3-speed with an overdrive sandwiched in. The 3-speed was what was used in the Starion Turbo, and also the 280ZX Turbo before Nissan was able to find a manual transmission strong enough to handle beefy engines. People have run 'em with 500-600hp turbo rotaries with stock internals.

And yes, changing transmissions more often than changing oil filters does get to be depressing, and depressing situations give you funny outlooks on things...

jstancel
jstancel New Reader
9/4/13 7:11 p.m.

It is gone...

beans
beans HalfDork
9/7/13 12:31 p.m.
Knurled wrote: I don't know if the trans in the Miata is related to the older Jatco stuff, but the 4-speed from the RX-7 was the 3-speed with an overdrive sandwiched in. The 3-speed was what was used in the Starion Turbo, and also the 280ZX Turbo before Nissan was able to find a manual transmission strong enough to handle beefy engines. People have run 'em with 500-600hp turbo rotaries with stock internals. And yes, changing transmissions more often than changing oil filters does get to be depressing, and depressing situations give you funny outlooks on things...

99% they're the same or similar. I think it's related to the 300ZX transmissions.

2 seconds of goolging later: http://www.miataturbo.net/suspension-brakes-drivetrain-49/ultimate-automatic-transmission-setup-26530/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uDywRmbbkBRkmMObC8PH0CApk9V2xUKo6HbOcfJE3dTaUCWnQDKsJD9zqAuXjKAd