danl318
danl318 New Reader
3/15/11 1:31 p.m.

Details: 1997 Dodge Neon ACR, 132k miles. Selling it in NH.

I've used it as a daily driver since Feb. 2007. It was set up as an autocross car from the beginning. I never autocrossed it myself; I was laid off and ran out of money before I ever got to run it around the cones.

Why am I selling it?

The head gasket went, it was bleeding oil, I never checked on it, it ran on low oil for two months of short (5 to 25 mile) trips. I have no money to fix the head gasket; forget even thinking about rebuilding the engine. Currently still running, not blowing any blue smoke.

Other issues: May need a new catalytic converter. The black box that activates the radiator fan has failed so there's a constant SES light. I'm told this is expensive to replace. If the car overheats, I just turn the interior heat on to the max. Not bad in January, painful in August.

Body has the usual dings for a 14-year-old car, a little rust around the wheel wells, normal undercarriage wear for a car driven through New England winters.

Here's the better news. With the car, you get all of the following:

14" stock neon alloy wheels w/ "generic" all season tires, used but will still pass inspection

15" alloy wheels w/ Falken Azenis, used, but the car passed inspection with them last year

yellow Koni shocks/struts: unmounted; 3 good, 1 broken but repairable

15" Borbet alloy wheels, no tires

Air conditioner was removed, but I have most, possibly all, parts

Misc. urethane bushings

One or two small boxes of other parts, contact me for more details

Schroft seat belts for driver and front passenger

Radios! There's no radio in the car now, I have several to choose from. Buyer gets their choice of a radio and one or two spares if you want them.

Registration expires March 31. Come look! Bring money!

redrabbit
redrabbit New Reader
3/15/11 6:41 p.m.

pictures?

haaay_its_kyle
haaay_its_kyle None
3/25/11 8:22 p.m.

hey Dan. i don't want to be obnoxious but I'm quite interested in that neon.

danl318
danl318 New Reader
4/5/11 10:20 a.m.

Kyle: Contact me by e-mail - webmaster(at)pets-a-go-go(dot)com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cHgSkRfykJEbR6VkuhT69rZn15xTI76dBoPPQTHfM7WoARlbmrURVewe4o70MQvF