johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
12/15/09 7:50 a.m.

Since this is going to sell CHEAP, I'll post it here!

This 1990 Mazda Miata has been my racecar since 2002. A great car with a professionally installed, welded rollcage by Dave Wheeler @ Advanced Autosports.

After 7 years of incident-free racing, I had a good sized shunt at Road Atlanta this past season. Since it was quicker to swap the race parts on to another chassis, I built a "new" racecar & have this chassis available. The damage was to the right rear corner & the right front corner. The car will need a front clip and some work to the right rear, but the central tub / drivers compartment was undamaged. The front A-Arms were cut to remove the shocks & springs so it's not currently rolling on it's own, but we can easily help load it on your trailer. What you get is the chassis, wiring harness, trunk lid (bent, but could be re-used with a pull), 2 doors (not from the racecar, but good, strong doors!), the windshield (still in the car, has a couple chips), the installed rollcage, PPF, drive shaft and anything else attached to the car. I have lots of spares around my shop & could easily add in a hood, wheels, cylinder head, taillights, bumpers & more.

This is a great starting point for a Spec Miata build, since the chassis & cage already have history (and comes with logbooks for both the SCCA and NASA). Or, a custom fabricator could easily create a new front end and build an amazing V8 or Rotary powered monster! Ladies & Gentlemen, start your thinking engines...the possibilities are endless!

I'm entertaining offers of cash and/or trade. Drop a line & let's talk!

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
12/15/09 7:51 a.m.

BTW, I'm in Charlotte, NC

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
12/16/09 6:30 a.m.

Had a guy call me last night talking about turning this into a bada$$ gaming console. That would be COOL! First one to my door with a fistfull of dollars takes it home!

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
12/16/09 1:27 p.m.

Oh noes! Not jethro! Is there still a small whole in your seat cover I accidently drilled?

Joey

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
12/16/09 2:45 p.m.

If nothing else, probably a cheap way to get a good cage. Swapping cages from one shell to another shouldn't be too painful on a convertible.

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
12/23/09 10:19 a.m.

Joey, yes that hole is still there! LOL

Dave, that's the thought process behind the car's new owner. It sold on Sunday to another SM guy who has another donor; his plan is to make one car out of the two.

So yep gang, it's sold!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RUFmGMQDWHhAyCS44NNBUMH3Ul1jpNiG59QypZWTiBD6SmA7yeIE1tsxZ0aIGvBB