irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/8/18 9:04 p.m.

In case anyone wants it, my great uncle's old R/V can be had for free if someone wants to come get it at his old farm outside Washington DC. I forget what it is offhand, I know we figured it out here on GRM a while back when we were cleaning out the farm. 

As far as I know, it's pretty much complete in terms of mechanicals. He drove it into the spot, and then parked it and used it to store hundreds of golf clubs (yeah.....) for like 15 years, and they dragged it out to where it is currently sitting. Not surprisingly the interior is not in great shape, but I think it's mostly there at least. Anyhow, if anyone wants it shoot me and email and I'll give you contact for my Aunt and you can arrange to see it, get it, etc via her.

Some pics I took a month or two ago here: https://imgur.com/gallery/atgjp

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
10/9/18 6:43 a.m.

YOU NEED TO GO THROUGH THOSE CLUBS, some old stuff is worth good money, and any wood shaft clubs are primo.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
10/9/18 7:16 a.m.

New DC RallyX "control tower"?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
10/9/18 7:17 a.m.

Wow BBM/727....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/9/18 7:17 a.m.

Thats a big block mopar. 440?

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
10/9/18 7:21 a.m.

I've got no interest in the RV (well, not enough to drag it down from DC) but I feel for you cleaning up.  We've spent the last year cleaning out my uncle's estate. He and my aunt were mid level hoarders. We still have a lot of work to do.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
10/9/18 11:38 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

Old enough that it could be a 413.

Dad's first RV was equipped w/413 Mopar. 2nd had a 440 Mopar.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/9/18 11:42 a.m.

That would perfect down be the river.  

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
10/9/18 12:59 p.m.
GTXVette said:

YOU NEED TO GO THROUGH THOSE CLUBS, some old stuff is worth good money, and any wood shaft clubs are primo.

clubs are long gone. No idea what they did with them, but my uncle always collected them to donate to schools and YMCA etc. 

ThatsNoUsername
ThatsNoUsername GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/9/18 1:55 p.m.

I have an irrational like of that.....but im too far.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/18 10:47 p.m.

This was the first thing to pop into my head:

Fred Williams and the DED RV go kart laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4TRvOeQ8aMZaS9msVmqhSiaYjWa3V9fPIOi2AKTeUb5wrVAtrgfDImg47PLd7S7x