RedGT New Reader
Feb. 11, 2015 2:22 p.m.

If you could have posted this exactly a year ago, I'd have been on my way there screaming TAKE MY MONEY 5 minutes after reading the ad. Unless prices have plummeted in the past 12 months, that's one heck of a deal.

trigun7469 Dork
Feb. 11, 2015 2:31 p.m.

Sent you a email

knb13 Reader
Feb. 12, 2015 11:57 a.m.

Trigun7469 I did not get it- knb13 @ hotmail .com or PM me here.

Thanks RedGT- this little thing runs pretty well I can see why people like them.

trigun7469 Dork
Feb. 12, 2015 4:59 p.m.

Email sent

knb13 Reader
Feb. 13, 2015 10:34 a.m.

I forgot to mention this DOES NOT HAVE ABS on it. I guess in 2002 it was still an option. haha

I'm going to post it on Craigslist soon with a higher price- the price above is the special friends and family of GRM price if someone wanted a base for a challenge car.

Feb. 13, 2015 11:24 a.m.

Love these cars, almost bought one new in 2002. Same color and everything. I'd be interested, but I'm not sure how many $$$ it would take to bring up to Maryland's draconian emissions/ inspection requirements. (This is the reason most of my cars are 20+ years old and registered Historic)

knb13 Reader
Feb. 13, 2015 1:14 p.m.

it passes PA's safety and emission tests if that helps at all. I know PA and MD have the same emission tests but I'm not sure about safety.

RedGT New Reader
Feb. 13, 2015 3:18 p.m.

Safety is a one-time thing at change-of-hands and it is insane. Had a Taurus SHO I sent to some random shop in MD for inspection come back with a $1500 estimate. Nothing cited was actually a lie. Just "wtf, really, you're gonna ding me for that?"

So I parked it for 3 months until i could register it historic. 6 months later I moved to PA and it sailed through PA inspection with flying colors.

Klayfish UltraDork
Feb. 14, 2015 8:18 a.m.

E-mail sent, let me know if you didn't get it.

Feb. 14, 2015 9:40 a.m.

We just moved to MD and my F350, which was a little hard to start but otherwise ran fine, required $5000 in repairs to pass- and that was including the stuff I fixed myself. Even my wife's cream puff Jimmy needed several hundred in "repairs". Yeah its just once but MD sticks it to used cars HARD.

JtspellS SuperDork
March 2, 2015 12:04 p.m.

Always good to know someone who is MSP inspection certified to help the situation lol.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Modern Day Track Junkie

20 hours ago in Articles

Christina Lam went from the sidelines to full-on track enthusiast in 8 simple steps.

How Ben_Modified Wows the Crowd: 1 Part Imagination, 2 Parts Fabrication

21 hours ago in News

Ben_Modified's build combines some of our favorite things.

2017 Audi A8 L

2 days ago in New Car Reviews

When it comes to luxury sedans, Audis are usually front-runners. The A8 L is the biggest and maybe most comfortable ...

Slight Project Pause for Our BMW M3

2 days ago in Project Cars

Few things slow down our project car progress more effectively than a broken arm.

Grassroots Motorsports Experience Ticket Renewals Have Been Sent

2 days ago in News

Check your inbox for our Grassroots Motorsports Experience renewals.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

2 days ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

2 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

4 days ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

4 days ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

5 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

1 week ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

1 week ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
BeQv1VoYkhjRyoWtAvcpfYr6cTU9zgZl