dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/09 7:47 p.m.

I found these on CL. Located in Central Florida. Asking price is $3500, but I guess that means you might be able to buy one for $1750!

I traded emails with the owner and here is what he's told me thus far.

hi, thanks for your inquiry. both cars are complete and at one time top 5 in class cars. they need tlc now but could be race ready in a few weekends of work. the cars are located at the i-4/ us27 interchange. i will be posting some pics on sunday or monday. many spares are included including a rebello itc legal motor, a87 cylinder heads 4 transmissions 6 or 7 rear ends, driveshafts & half shafts and too many other parts to list. bring a large trailer!

Here is the ad copy:

I HAVE 2 DATSUN PL510S FOR SALE SCCA ITC CLASS. NOT RACED IN A WHILE. MANY SPARES INCLUDING 1 REBELLO ENGINE, VERY TRICK SUSPENSIONS, WILL CLEAN UP NICELY AND THEY RAN REAL GOOD WHEN I WAS RACING. 863 289-4404

Here is the ad link:

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/981743840.html

Finally, here is a picture. I thought someone here might be interested.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
1/15/09 8:30 p.m.

I think if you brought those to the challenge autocross the cones would hide!

dyintorace
1/15/09 8:37 p.m.

The thought did cross my mind...trust me. I casually mentioned it at home and was met with what would best be described as stern opposition.

midknight
midknight New Reader
1/16/09 11:23 a.m.

sigh heart sigh

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
1/16/09 11:31 a.m.

I wonder if they'd make fun daily drivers?

Augusta2
Augusta2
1/16/09 3:41 p.m.

I am looking for a nice 510 project car for ITC/NASA racing. Looks like a great deal, it is a long way to travel from Virginia.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/16/09 4:27 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: The thought did cross my mind...trust me. I casually mentioned it at home and was met with what would best be described as stern opposition.

Plenty of room to store them at my place!

dyintorace
1/16/09 7:25 p.m.

Hard to spirit $3500 out of the account unnoticed.

JoeyM
JoeyM New Reader
1/16/09 7:36 p.m.

Um....that's only about 17 miles from me. If anybody needs better photos of the cars...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
1/17/09 8:58 a.m.

Wow, just awesome

JoeyM
JoeyM New Reader
1/17/09 7:52 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Um....that's only about 17 miles from me. If anybody needs better photos of the cars...

I went and looked at these cars today. Yes, he'll sell them separately, and yes, one of them he'll let go for a low enough price to be a challenge car. I took 26 pictures. PM me if you want to look at them.

The cars haven't been driven in about 10 years.

Alonso
Alonso New Reader
1/17/09 8:15 p.m.

wrong coast for me. =(

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Khw2cEnRNdB5MaBVE5BK4kQs7x3gl3BEN7noIzx0MRqVSKJl14CLwvMhkR8XKlWn