1 2
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/15 7:16 p.m.

It is mine it needs to go. Nothing wrong with it other than it is old and has seen lots of use. There is tape on some of the cables. It is dirty from living at my friends garadge. The machine can not be updated. I think it has car spec's in to up to the early 2000's but you can put in the alignment perimeters manually (what I have done) and if you are doing a race car or track day toy you will not be using factory setting anyway.

It is a good working machien just old.

Reason for sale is the shop I help at on weekends got a new machine. I don't have a place to stash this one and since I have access to the new one I don't need this but thought that some one here may be interested in stepping up from strings and a yard sticks.

This would be great for home garage or even a shop that does not have a machine or needs a 2nd one / backup.

This would be great for putting alignments in a race car or track day car in a home garage. Heck, do a couple alignments for your friends and you could have it payed for very quickly. A couple people go in on it and a couple alignments on each persons car and you are ahead of the game.

What you will need is a set of slip plates and extension cables for the wheel sensors to reach back to the machine. This was set up with a lift and the cables were built in to the lift. You just plugged the sensors into the plugs on the lift and then plugged the machine into the lift for those that are not familiar how these are set up. This comes with the cables on the wheel sensors and the one cable on the machien. You will need to make up (or purchas form Hunter) the cable that runs from the machien to the wheel sensors. You could probibly make this up fairly cheeply but I have not looked in to it.

I would like to get $300 cash for it. Not really interested in trades. I really want this gone so the sooner someone takes it the more willing I am to discuss price.

Local pick up only. Delivery is not really an option unless it was local and some beer or single malt scotch was involved in the deal.

Contact me through the PM here on GRM

Located: Weston MA (at the shop I help at on weekends)

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
8/20/15 8:41 p.m.

This was the first real machine I used as I started on a light machine. Wish you were closer.

GLWS Paul

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/20/15 10:03 p.m.

I'd buy it if you were closer. Looks like a great deal.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
8/21/15 11:15 a.m.

I'm very, very interested and local.

Just have to see if I can stash it at my father in law's garage in Reading.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
8/21/15 2:21 p.m.

How heavy/hard to transport is it? Will a hatchback do it or truck required?

dean1484
8/21/15 3:35 p.m.

It should fit in a hatch back the unit will obviously have to come apart with the screen and what not off the cabinet and bring some packing blankets to take care of teh sensors that mount to the wheels.

dean1484
8/21/15 3:36 p.m.

Give me a call if you want to discuss

I pmed you my cell

dean1484
8/21/15 3:39 p.m.

I will be at the shop tomorrow working on my Jaguar and if we can put a deal together that would be great!!!!

dean1484
8/21/15 3:41 p.m.

Weight is no problem it is about as heavy as a standard personal computer.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
8/21/15 4:30 p.m.

Didn't get your PM, just sent you one to touch base. I won't be around tomorrow but lets try to work out another time.

dean1484
8/21/15 5:51 p.m.

Getting food for the family at the moment. I will check email when I get back or call me at.

3 3 9 two two two two 0 0 three

dean1484
8/24/15 2:51 p.m.

Bumping this. Open to offers as this need to go and I don't want to deal with CL stupidity.

TiggerWelder
TiggerWelder New Reader
8/24/15 3:41 p.m.

So much want, so little room in the shop!

dean1484
8/24/15 3:42 p.m.

Want can be satisfied make an offer!!! You can find the space if it is cheep enough.

dean1484
8/26/15 9:29 a.m.

Seriously people this needs to go. Offers of any kind accepted. Trades at this point considered. I don't want to see it scrapped. I can not store it for much longer. The window of opportunity is closing on this one fast. Special consideration if this is going to someone for a challenge build.

Single malt scotch, beer, rear bumper for an H2 hummer. X-type parts. Set of tires for my X-type. Decent brake pads for my x-type. What do you got.

dean1484
8/26/15 9:34 a.m.

I would also consider parts for my 97 corolla or my 87 924s

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/26/15 11:45 a.m.

I bet if you post this or you allow me to link this to Chump forums it will be gone today for your asking price...

Hold_Fast
Hold_Fast New Reader
8/27/15 8:32 a.m.

I have no idea how this is still available. If you were closer, I'd have bought this already. Let me see if I can make the trip from Philly anytime soon.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/27/15 9:53 a.m.

Hey Dean,

What do the cables that are needed look like? Are they a 9-pin RS232/serial style one?

dean1484
8/27/15 12:27 p.m.
WonkoTheSane wrote: Hey Dean, What do the cables that are needed look like? Are they a 9-pin RS232/serial style one?

The cables are from hunter in the photos you can see them hanging on the side of the machine I think. No not a typical RS232 I don't think

RedGT
RedGT New Reader
8/27/15 12:38 p.m.

Saw references to 'Reading' and 'Philly' and had a moment of "holy crap is this local?!"

...no. Not driving to MA for it. :(

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/27/15 1:50 p.m.

I have spare cables I could sell to who ever buys this also.

dean1484
8/27/15 2:56 p.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: I have spare cables I could sell to who ever buys this also.

PM me a price f this unit does not sell I may be interested them for use with the new machine.

dean1484
8/27/15 2:58 p.m.

I will be at my shop Saturday if anyone wants to kick the tires of this. I will be putting an alignment on to my X type (as well as doing some other basic maintenance / service)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/27/15 7:14 p.m.

Dean and wvumtnbkr I've sent PMs to both of you.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MZMGIgfGvmMSnNbANVzIZKgavhrIgXaV2N12U19jZnoVCNQjkQO84F6xpklYc6Sw