Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/24/08 11:24 a.m.

Listed this up awhile ago, never sold. Sort of forgot about it (outta sight, outta mind). However, now there's plenty of things I'd rather own, so here it is again!

Details: 1986 BMW 325, with the fuel sipping eta engine. 4 doors. 96k miles. Runs, drives. Currently has a high idle from what I suspect is a vacuum leak. Brakes are... weak. Nice interior. Autotragic.

Pictures!

$600 obo

I'll also accept trades. I'm always interested in interesting stuff, and it never hurts to ask! I'm especially looking for the following: Two >19" LCD monitors, motorcycle (preference given to small, light moto candidates, dual-sports, maybe even dirtbikes, and VFRs), subcompact auto pistols (some of this money will probably go to buy a 9mm sub-compact XD, soooo...),Other interesting firearms (can't ever have too many!), RX-7 turbo, oil lines, etc (planning a 6-port turbo build).

Edit: This lack of auto break spacing (or whatever) is killing me

Clay
Clay Reader
7/24/08 12:00 p.m.

I might be interested. I'll shoot you an e-mail.

Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
7/25/08 6:32 p.m.

Dammit man! Gainsville, FL . . . if you were just a few hours closer, I'd be at your door . . .sigh

This simply isn't meant to be, it was for sale when I couldn't afford it but had the means of getting it back, now I can afford it but I can't get there to get it back . . .drifting takes up a lot of time and money :( LMAO!

-Stig

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/25/08 8:45 p.m.

No excuses, it drives itself!

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
7/25/08 9:13 p.m.

Hey, this is Les. I need a daily driver. I have a '90 Yammer FZR 600 that was laid down. I have the title and the fix would not be that bad; still rideable, but forks need to be true'd for obvious reasons. Just entered my mind that you may be able to do something with it. Partial trade towards the Bimmer? Will this drive back to Atlanta?

-Les 770-778-7368
Call me, please; I am interested!

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
7/25/08 9:15 p.m.

BTW, even if you are not interested in the bike, I am still interested in the car. I gotta buy something! I also have a ton of different turbos. ???????

-Les

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/25/08 9:20 p.m.

Les,

More details on the bike (pictures, mileage, etc). As for will the car make the drive to Atlanta, probably. A few hours wrenching and I'd say definitely, well at that point it's up to the tires.

Also forgot to mention: will near a new rear trunk cylinder-lock. Old one was mangled. Also, a battery.

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
7/25/08 9:46 p.m.

What is your e-mail addy? I can get some tomorrow.
What size tires are on the car? I may have a set in storage.

I bought the bike from a buddy of mine who swerved to miss a dog and hit a Dodge instead. The bike has 23,000 miles on it; starts the first time every time. The radiator, fairings, headlight assembly and forks were damaged. I have a good used radiator, the forks can be true'd, but I don't have the fairings nor the headlight assy.

-Les

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/26/08 2:17 a.m.

Email with pics and your offer.

185/60/14, if memory serves.

I've also got a set of the 14x6" polished BBS meshies to go with the car (for a little more, of course).

donalson
donalson SuperDork
7/26/08 11:45 p.m.

what kind of MPG does it get?...

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/27/08 1:19 a.m.
donalson wrote: what kind of MPG does it get?...

The BMW engineer who put the "50" tick on the MPG gauge had a sense of humor. What it actually gets I don't know, having driven it around the block once.

Also, I found this book while moving. It's part of the package deal.

njansenv
njansenv New Reader
7/29/08 11:11 a.m.
donalson wrote: what kind of MPG does it get?...

I've gotten 31-32mpg on the past 4 tanks on my 'e. For reference. :) (Highway)

donalson
donalson SuperDork
7/30/08 12:29 p.m.

hmm... YGM

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/31/08 10:59 a.m.

Hey kids! Today's letter is P.

As in Pending sale. I'll let ya'll know if said pending buyer pulls a John Brown (just kidding, love you JB).

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/08 11:14 a.m.

It is true, I suxxors the big 111!111!

1!

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
7/31/08 3:47 p.m.

Proof you are indeed the UltimaDork is that it took you only 15 minutes to find this thread!

Black Stig
Black Stig New Reader
7/31/08 7:33 p.m.

all these practical questions are fine and all, but does it SLIDE?!

-Stig

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/31/08 8:08 p.m.
fastasleep wrote: ... The radiator, fairings, headlight assembly and forks were damaged. I have a good used radiator, the forks can be true'd, but I don't have the fairings nor the headlight assy. -Les

Sounds like the perfect start to a naked bike...

leshairybackedmom
leshairybackedmom New Reader
8/3/08 2:26 p.m.

Hey fastsleep. I have a Yammer as well...with a sidecar that I made from parts of a Craftsman riding mower and an Omni wheel and tire. I'm looking for a fairing that is in fair condition and relatively inexpensive. Can you help?

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
8/11/08 6:40 p.m.
leshairybackedmom wrote: Hey fastsleep. I have a Yammer as well...with a sidecar that I made from parts of a Craftsman riding mower and an Omni wheel and tire. I'm looking for a fairing that is in fair condition and relatively inexpensive. Can you help?

This could only be Steve. I am surprised you can build a side-car. As a matter of fact, I am surprised you can build anything! I thought Bill was bad! At least he admits he can't build anything! Try this: build a side-car that mounts to the side of a Colt. That way, you can see what it feels like to go faster than 14's! Just kidding. Glad to hear from you; sorry to hear about those warts on your penis. Nice avatar, too ;).

-Les

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/11/08 6:54 p.m.

Les,

You ripped me off! You promised a 90 FZR, but it's a 89! I'm utterly unsatisfied!

Just kidding (it is a '89 though). I've even cleaned it!

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
8/12/08 9:18 a.m.

Damn, I am sorry. I don't think I ever looked! Do you want a full refund?

-Les

leshairybackedmom
leshairybackedmom New Reader
8/13/08 4:57 p.m.

Hey Fastasleep, Why can't we all just get along. All I am looking for is a fairing for my bike...that's all...not a an attempt at a smart comeback. I had to build a sidecar out a necessity not out of desire. The reason I used an Omni and Craftsman mower for the base is for strength and stability. Obviously you saw the pic of your mom with her never ending weight struggles and her cronic back hair issue. With her weight issues all I could come up with to support her was the lawn tractor axles so try and be a little more kind. The reason I need a fairing is because she wanted to take the bike to her sisters wedding...who also, by some sick twist of Georgian fate is her daughter as well...but you already know that story. Anyway, she wanted to wear her fancy go to meetin' tube top to the ceremony...well the hot Georgia sun, sidecars and long back hair added up to her hair getting sucked into the vents and causing the radiator to overheat therefore melting the fairing. She really loves the sidecar since she can no longer fit on the bike so I would love to make it roadworthy again. Hey, BTW, sorry we missed you at the wedding. You must have been home avidly working on your $2008 "challenge" car. It seems to me that the only "challenge" you are competing in is to drink just the right amount of beer so that you can still pull your "junk" out of your pants and spell your name in urine in the parking lot without stumbling and falling down. Thank God your parents named you with a 3 letter first name. Too bad God only blessed you with "junk" to be about as impressive as your overall finish ranking in the last few challenges. Best of luck this year, and thanks for your concerns about my condition. Have your tongue warts cleared up yet? I have the # to a great Doctor. Thanks.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
8/13/08 8:56 p.m.
Black Stig wrote: all these practical questions are fine and all, but does it SLIDE?! -Stig

I have a similar car (86 eta 4d auto) with Intrax lowering springs and a chip. Even with the open diff it wants to pitch the rear out when mashed. thing is that it seems to not be an easy one to catch (unlike my mustang)

last i calculated, 30mpg with mixed driving. Fun car to drive, mash the gas to hit the downshift button under the pedal and it ZOOMS. I am still hunting some mid range drivability issues with my $600 E30, but its still alot of fun. A great DD. I just wonder how its gonna be in the snow! (i should get some extra wheels and snow tires...)

BTW, I paid the same price for one that needed a wheel bearing and paint and had 175k miles. HELL of a deal.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/13/08 11:54 p.m.

Oh, BTW, car's gone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gCX5j60CpD8GBoulsCnUCjfCJFUpDjROWYGiO5VFHfHYvslrMW1DiP7aafrCnagT