RossD UberDork
March 25, 2013 4:23 p.m.

I started collecting parts for a Locost, and I'm probably never going to build one. So they're for sale!

I have a zetec that I got from a junkyard. They pulled it from a '00 Focus w/auto, and I have paperwork for it. I've never heard it run, so it's kind of an "as-is" sale. $250

I also have a Ford of Germany Type E 4 speed (~'72 2.0 pinto), bellhousing, clutch disk and pressure plate that will bolt up to the zetec. I don't have a flywheel that fits inside of the bellhousing. So there is a little to do there... I've never put power through the gearbox, so once again sold "as-is". $150

I have some Fiero seats. Dirty but in decent shape, and I think there are some sliders for them. $50

I have a steering wheel, column ,and powered rack and pinion from a '77 Mustang II. (I might have to check for the pump). $50

I have (5) 13" 4x108 steel wheels with (4) trim rings and center caps from a '77 Capri. $150

I might have to check around to see if I have anything else. (Sorry the mustang II spindles are long gone...)

I am little more than 1 hour north from Road America and would be willing to meet you there, or you can come all the way up to Appleton, WI 54915. I'd prefer not to ship. Packaged deals are available! I'm not really firm on any prices, except for the engine and transmission, so feel free to offer something different. I can also post pictures if anyone is actually interested.

Thanks, RossD

RossD UberDork
May 2, 2013 2:11 p.m.

Bump. Less firm on prices.

I need garage space (and money for a honeymoon.)

RossD PowerDork
July 16, 2013 7:32 a.m.

Ok, guys and gals. I would love to get rid of this stuff.

There is The Hawk at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI this weekend. I'll drive this stuff down there and help you load it into your vehicle and you get some sweet deals on parts and get to watch a great race!

Think of the prices above as a place to talk me down from. Hell offer me the price listed for one thing for multiple things.

Let's do this! I get married in less than 2 weeks. I've got to go on a honeymoon!

And in case it's not clear, the bellhousing from the pinto transmission bolt up to the Zetec.

Datsun310Guy PowerDork
July 16, 2013 7:38 a.m.

Once I went to RA's June Sprints and on the way home I stopped in downtown Milwaukee and bought a 1966 Datsun Roadster.

And I am going to Road America this Friday.

RossD PowerDork
July 16, 2013 7:42 a.m.

I could be down in Elkhart Lake/RA Friday afternoon if needs be. 2 or 3pm ish

DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
July 16, 2013 8:54 a.m.

No shipping?

RossD PowerDork
July 16, 2013 9:01 a.m.

What would you want shipped?

Datsun310Guy PowerDork
July 16, 2013 10:30 a.m.

Who is going to watch that boiler? Or chiller when you are gone?

RossD PowerDork
July 16, 2013 10:35 a.m.

Who? Me? I'm the type of engineer that produces drawings, not actual work.

DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
July 16, 2013 10:54 a.m.
RossD wrote: What would you want shipped?

Motor and/or gearbox

RossD PowerDork
July 16, 2013 11:12 a.m.

I might be able to do that. I just found a decent local place that will facilitate shipping odd shaped and heavy things.

RossD PowerDork
July 18, 2013 10:50 a.m.

Bump in case someone is going to Road America this weekend.

RossD PowerDork
Aug. 13, 2013 4:17 p.m.

I'm getting to the point, I'd rather have more room than more money. Someone make me an offer.

nocones SuperDork
Aug. 13, 2013 4:18 p.m.

I'll be in town on the 21st.. I can make things disappear...

RossD PowerDork
Aug. 14, 2013 8:00 a.m.

YAH!!!! You should have taken this stuff when you left town.

Edit: There is Ford Anglia for sale that wants your attention since you'll be up here: http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/3948227695.html

RossD PowerDork
Aug. 21, 2013 1:16 p.m.

Today's the day, Nocones.

nocones SuperDork
Aug. 21, 2013 1:32 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

I meant of September.. Wife is running the relay marathon. Sorry for the confusion. If there still there in a month you'll really be sick of them.

RossD PowerDork
Aug. 21, 2013 2:03 p.m.

Probably.

RossD PowerDork
Sept. 20, 2013 8:45 a.m.

Daniel, are you still coming by to sell my steal my junk from me?

nocones SuperDork
Sept. 20, 2013 9:00 a.m.

No

My wife is going alone and I cannot convince her to pick it up. I can't believe you can't get rid of this stuff.

petegossett UberDork
Sept. 20, 2013 1:03 p.m.

I'd really like the transmission - although I don't actually have a use for it yet/at this time. But driving up there to get it is really out of the question.

Daniel - tell your wife I'll give her some $$ if she picks it up while she's there.

RossD PowerDork
Oct. 15, 2013 12:19 p.m.

I still have this stuff. I have a trip planned for around the 5th of December to drive from my house (Appleton, WI) to Chillicothe, OH. I will be driving my pickup with a 5.5' box. I can probably swing an hour or so out of the way to help deliver this stuff if someone wants.

Pete and Daniel, I'm looking at you two.

nocones SuperDork
Oct. 15, 2013 12:42 p.m.

Well you need to stop by anyway for a beer.

petegossett UberDork
Oct. 15, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Ross I'm still interested in the trans(despite not having a specific need for it yet :D ), but I'm saving $$ for a car for my step-daughter.

Interested in bartering for LPs, music gear, stock Miata parts, or any other random bits???

RossD PowerDork
Oct. 15, 2013 3:01 p.m.

I'm interested in most of those things! PM me a list of the LP and music stuff.

Do you have a front passenger clear turn indicator?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Born In Brooklyn: A Championship RX-7 From an Unlikely Place

9 hours ago in Articles

A Mazda RX-7 autocrosser from the middle of New York City.

GRM Live Tonight on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

18 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Your Projects: E46 M3 Transformation

22 hours ago in News

Watch this E46 M3 go from tuned street car to winged time trial racer in just one page.

You Need This: Indian Flat-Track Race Bike, Front Brake Optional

23 hours ago in News

We know, it's not a car but, still, it’s cool.

Autocross: It's a Jeep Thing

1 day ago in Articles

What’s a yellow Jeep doing on an autocross course?

Tech Tips: 2005-'14 Ford Mustang GT

1 day ago in Articles

Want to learn some speed tricks for the S197 Ford Mustang GT? We brought in an expert.

Removing Clear Bra From Project Rallycross Focus

1 day ago in Project Cars

Our latest to-do item was motivated by self-respect rather than speed.

2017 Ram 1500 Night Edition Crew Cab

1 day ago in New Car Reviews

Half-ton trucks are just getting bigger and bigger, aren't they. This Ram 150, dubbed "Night Edition," is really an optioned-out ...

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

1 day ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Action Cam Guide

2 days ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

2 days ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

2 days ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
ScUZAo9FF1GcoFbjlBSxaWhnmLVQJiER