fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
10/15/17 11:39 a.m.

Now that the truck confidently starts I can free up space in my garage.

I have for sale a 6.0L GM v8 out of a 2008 chevy suburban 2500 HD, it has light rod knock in cyl 5 (likely) or a bad lifter(if you're lucky) Ran when pulled @ 57k miles and the oil looked clean. Cast iron block, aluminum heads, 9.6:1 compression and uses the LS3 rectangle port heads. 361hp/385hp. This engine DOES have VVT but does not have DOD. Perfect for an LS swap, radiator has trans/engine oil cooler in it as well.

Comes with everything you see:

• HD radiator and plastics
  • Engine mounts
  • starter
  • flexplate
  • L18 big block injectors
  • uncut Gen III LS engine harness (from an 8100 vortec)
  • Gen III LS electronic throttlebody
  • new plugs/wires
  • engine cart/wood dolly

You can be crafty and get the gen III stuff to run a Gen IV motor or just get a gen IV harness and sell this other crap to offset the costs.

email or call you must pick up, will not (can't) deliver (yet). If you want to do a compression test bring a battery and some starter bolts.  photos are here:

price is negotiable depending your goal share your idea and story with me and we will make something happen. 

Also, it will cost you more if you want to put this in a a rotary powered car unless you got some rotary goodies for me I may be interested in.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/18/17 12:17 p.m.

GRM price 1000 come and get it

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
10/18/17 2:20 p.m.

What do you feel is the cost to rebuild one of these,   what would the correct wiring harness cost,  if not putting back in a truck what would an Oil pan Cost,  and another  belt assy.( for alt, Power steering, and A/C )cost, and a car intake ? 

although not a bad price that's why I still use OLD Stuff.

My Boss bought an LS3 with tranny from GM, about 10 Grand and then spent another 2 Grand on stuff (car) to fit his 57 Nomad

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/18/17 3:12 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Not sure, I would personally drop the pan and replace the one rod bearing and send it as is. 

Those accy parts are peanuts on local craigslist/forums/facebook or junkyards, if you want re-man parts or new parts I would budget for more. so 100-400 I would guesstimate.

For you to use the correct wiring harness you would need a modern 4l60 or 6 speed. By using the gen III electronics its very easy to run the engine.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/17 11:49 a.m.

I dunno, I'd rather have a rod knock than a bad lifter on one of these engines...

Want to take a stainless RX-8 header and a worn out bridge ported 13B in trade?

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/24/17 11:30 a.m.

hrmmm, no.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/17 9:55 p.m.

Guess the cheap "lsx" is now a myth lol.  

What's the difference between this 6.0 and earlier iron block 6.0?

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/25/17 12:49 p.m.

I dont think any major difference, sensors in gen III are all pipe thread and the sensors in the gen IV are metric.

the rods are stronger and the heads are different plus VVT thats the big differences in the engine but they are both 4" bore small blocks.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/26/17 12:54 p.m.

Where are you located? Will any common 700r4/4l60 bolt up?

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
10/30/17 9:11 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

NW suburbs of detroit and yes it will.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zLDhQhSmGdP3PFZduJpzz7joXw5vmsCQodAkOz9skvlUxO1TSEx99JQe2xmigk7y