wadespeed2
wadespeed2
4/28/12 8:54 p.m.

I have a 1994 Miata that I bought new and abused happily for 150K miles until the head gasket blew. I have it all apart and the head is at the machine shop waiting for me to open the wallet and start the repair process. I need an enthusiast with more time than me to step in take it off my hands and soon (I owe the machine shop and answer Monday 4/30 and once I spend the first $100 I'm in 'til one of us is finished)

the paint is bad. and the engine is still a crapshoot, it has 4 brand new Falkens, a relatively new battery, and the tops only 3 or so years old.

$800 bucks and you can have your own Miata project..

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
4/28/12 9:09 p.m.

A location/pictures will probably help with your sale.

I have a spare head in good shape off a 96 motor sitting in my shop. Willing to ship for the right price.

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/28/12 10:11 p.m.

As the topic indicates, I'm located near the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. I'll keep the head in mind, but it's the time commitment that I want to avoid if at all possible.

psteav
psteav HalfDork
4/29/12 10:53 a.m.

Got any pics? What options has it got (Torsen, cruise, PW, etc.)?

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/29/12 12:21 p.m.

Picture a 1994 Black and Tan with all the options available at the time. Add to that picture a 150K flogging at the hands of a Parnelli J wannabe. As a said, the paint stinks, the engine is questionable, and it's still a bargain at $800

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
4/29/12 1:56 p.m.

For those of us not fluent in RTP, is there a city name of location so we can look it up & decide if it's too close or too far?

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/29/12 2:55 p.m.

Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
4/29/12 3:22 p.m.

For those of us not fluent in picturing things... Ummm, any pix of said Miata?

wadespeed2
wadespeed2 New Reader
4/29/12 6:22 p.m.

I found the original sticker and confirmed that the car is equipped with Torsen LSD.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing Reader
4/29/12 8:04 p.m.
wadespeed2 wrote: Raleigh Durham Chapel Hill

So there's a piece in Raleigh, a piece in Durham and a piece in Chapel Hill? 2 of these are closer to me than the 3rd is, and the closer to me that you are, the more attractive the car is

t0jogKKf9mvMQ5NrjA92ZJ1nx48XvYaY