1 2
quark
quark New Reader
8/8/17 6:31 p.m.

1995 Jaguar XJR $1100 I’m selling this because I have a great practical daily and a fun car (this car), and the AC works on the wrong car in this blasted summer. Hotrod it with a pulley as a quick beater, strip out the interior and see if you can fit a kiddie pool, options are as limitless as your imagination. The V8s are very fast, but the XJR6 isn’t that slow at 326hp stock, the AJ16 4.0L is a real tank, and I think the X300 is the prettier than the X308+. The transmission is a 4L80E and the supercharger is an Eaton M90 so you’re talking things that have been made to cope with going very fast on other platforms… Good: It’s fast (4.0L supercharged straight six), shifts good suspension feels solid, has been reliable. BRG and the dark dash with light leather. New brakes. Good tires, AC works. Aftermarket radio with USB, Aux, etc Bad: CEL from cat/o2. Power steering leak. Shifter sometimes needs to be nudged to go into reverse or start in park, but this isn’t really a problem, it works. Exterior decent. One crack and a little paint missing on the rear, sunfading on fender. Misc scratches, etc. Driver’s seat has a big hole in it, small slash in the rear bench, driver’s door card loose, rear center brake light loose, slight sag in headliner at rear, leather surround missing from shifter. Not working: wiper, drivers window Pictures:

quark
quark New Reader
8/8/17 6:40 p.m.

oh, i forgot. located in Chicago, IL

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/9/17 7:41 a.m.

Thanks, wondering what that rear plate was.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/9/17 7:54 a.m.

Is that body filler under the cracking paint?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/9/17 10:00 a.m.

Did you recently move to Chicago? (Because of the plate).

I don't need an xjr - just bought one - but cool car.

quark
quark New Reader
8/9/17 4:07 p.m.

spitfirebill: it seems to crack to metal. a little peeling shows some rust forming on the metal under the crack.

robbie: yes, i moved in january!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/9/17 9:00 p.m.

My daughter is almost 15 picking up her permit soon.

What a better way to learn about cars than a 22 year old Jaguar that occasionally needs some part wiggled to start. Brings me back to the late 1970's.

And I live in the SW Chicago 'burbs.

And it's BRG....

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/17 11:26 p.m.

I need a 6cyl xjr to go with my 8cyl one. But, rust?

quark
quark New Reader
8/10/17 4:13 p.m.

Yep! Not a first car if you don't need to occasionally wiggle one thing to get it to start. If you adjust the microswitch in the shifter so the P always lights up red in park you'd fix it, but I've not bothered because the P lighting up always means it starts.

Car's parked at a friend's but I was able to get by it today and take photos of the undercarriage and the fender. It's not perfect, but it's better than most cars of this age/area. Not clean, but nothing worrying to me, nothing I wouldn't wire wheel and spray.

You can peruse those here. The drip is AC.

quark
quark New Reader
8/17/17 3:46 a.m.

Had a terrible experience attempting to sell to craigslisters who can't read ads, so price is dropped to $1300obo

Robbie
8/17/17 12:23 p.m.

what a deal. even for just the powertrain to swap into a much older jag.

Should I buy this so I can have his/her BRG jaguar XJRs for me and the wife?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
8/17/17 1:11 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

Yes.

Robbie
8/17/17 3:16 p.m.

Oh my dog. I so badly want to buy this XJR and mix it with this: https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/1963-jaguar-mk-2-sedan/6241995402.html

Give it a rowdy 50's style "I both drive this daily and race it on weekends" look. Could maybe be done on a challenge budget.

mmm mmm mmm

Robbie
8/17/17 3:22 p.m.

mk2 wheelbase 107, width 67
X300 wheelbase 113, width 71

quark
quark New Reader
8/23/17 4:51 p.m.

Bump, I'll do $1200 for this. More bad experiences with craigslist. seems the 'better deal, worse people' rule is holding true.

quark
quark New Reader
8/28/17 10:28 a.m.

Bump, $1150, anyone?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/28/17 1:32 p.m.

Wish it wasn't so far away.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/28/17 2:22 p.m.

I am going to Robbie's in Two weeks. My wife will literally kill me but I am really interested...

quark
quark New Reader
8/28/17 11:10 p.m.

Excellent, let me know if you have any questions.

quark
quark New Reader
9/9/17 3:19 a.m.

Bump, make me an offer, I really need this gone.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
9/9/17 5:08 a.m.

Bring it over to Robbies today, and we'll all check it out.... Might produce an offer wink

quark
quark New Reader
9/10/17 12:53 p.m.

I was unfortunately sick yesterday, will y'all be there today?

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
9/10/17 1:23 p.m.

Wow, close call. Was at Robbie's yesterday.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
9/10/17 9:24 p.m.

Looks like I will be coming to get this and running it in the challenge. Let's make all the bad decisions! Anyone have any wheels that fit this?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/10/17 10:22 p.m.
singleslammer said:

Looks like I will be coming to get this and running it in the challenge. Let's make all the bad decisions! Anyone have any wheels that fit this?

What!?! Yes!!!

If you need a place to stay the night while you are here...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BeksTLGR7diTHHaKmYOwwgBLNyx247BIX6IJpjpKt293nvzBjAAoAUPYWn4dix4g